PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Stalker
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Rachel MsPudding Hawkins
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Adjusted Einar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know two things about Star Alex.

1 he crafts at fort troy standing between the TT machine and the construction machine, and has been for months.

2 he buys my simple plastic ruds frequently and at a reasonable MU.

seems like a pretty solid mid lvl crafter, scan him yourself.
    Great insight.

Is it possible MA is mixing up this guy with Alex Star Grey? Assuming he's not abusing the opals market, I sure hope not.

A withdrawal started in December and left open until now without a reason stated by MA via a support case or email would be inappropriate on their part. I don't have all the facts before me, so I'm not passing any judgment on either party.

Marauder
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    MeLoveYou LongTime FiveDolla
    Society
    Entropialoot.com
    Images
    Even if he was manipulating Opals, it does not matter because it is not illegal. This entire game is built around the manipulation of resources and auction house due to easily observed caps, waves, or whatever.

This should not halt a withdrawal. Debating on this topic is irrelevant as only he and Mindark can sort this out. The length for resolution on this is symptomatic of Mindark not giving 2 shits about customer service and adequate replies to support cases.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Bendak Starkiller Mandalore
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicstorm View Post
    Even if he was manipulating Opals, it does not matter because it is not illegal. This entire game is built around the manipulation of resources and auction house due to easily observed caps, waves, or whatever.

This should not halt a withdrawal. Debating on this topic is irrelevant as only he and Mindark can sort this out. The length for resolution on this is symptomatic of Mindark not giving 2 shits about customer service and adequate replies to support cases.
    From the Entropia Universe Account Terms of Use (ToU)
    6. Transactions with Virtual and Real Life Items

The terms in this paragraph 6 do not apply to Your participation within the Entropia Universe Starting Area.

6.1. Transactions between Avatars

The Entropia Universe provides You with trading administration services (including the Auction System service, the Shop Systems services, Avatar Direct Trade System services etc) that enables You to carry out secure transactions with others, in which participating parts can exchange Virtual Items and Real World Items (the "Approved Transaction").

Please notice that transactions concerning payment for Virtual Items, including PED, outside the Entropia Universe often involve fraudulent activities. You acknowledge that any transaction regarding Virtual Items, including PED, carried out using any service or system other than one of MindArk’s Approved Transaction systems is at Your own risk. MindArk reserves the right to take any reasonably necessary measures for the purpose of preventing and acting against frauds and non-Approved Transactions, including, but not limited to, making a reservation against a suspected Transaction, and Banning and/or Terminating a directly or indirectly involved Account, if MindArk determines that the transaction was not performed in compliance to this Agreement.

MindArk acknowledges the responsibility to maintain records on all transactions with Virtual Items via MindArk's Approved Transaction systems. You agree that MindArk's transaction records shall be conclusive proof of the transaction carried out via Your Account.

You acknowledge Your responsibility to keep track of any and all transactions with Virtual Items involving Your Account. MindArk accepts no responsibility for misplaced or misused Virtual Items in any incidence, regardless of reason.
    7. Virtual Currency Transfers and Fund Transactions

The terms in this paragraph 7 do not apply to Your participation within the Entropia Universe Starting Area.

The Entropia Universe incorporates a PED Card System connected to each Account, through which MindArk administers the funds You transfer to and withdraw from the Entropia Universe (the “PED Card”).

You may use MindArk’s approved and secured fund transfer methods to increase by deposits and/or decrease by withdrawals the PED balance on Your PED Card. The deposited funds are converted by MindArk to PED that may be used by You as virtual currency in the Entropia Universe. If You choose to deposit or withdraw funds to or from the Entropia Universe You hereby agree to any costs and fees involved in all fund transfers. For further information please see here under the “Account” Section (Sub-sections "Deposits" and/or "Withdrawals") of the Entropia Universe website.

You acknowledge that MindArk may refuse, halt or reverse a withdrawal, and/or ask You to verify Your identity as condition to withdrawal if:

MindArk is unable to verify or authenticate any or some of the Self-Registered Information You provide; or

You did not provide MindArk with the full and comprehensive information needed to complete a withdrawal; or

MindArk is obliged by law or regulations to do so; or

it is suspected that the withdrawal may involve fraudulent and/or other unlawful activity; or

the PED balance on Your PED Card is less than 1 000 PED, the minimum amount for a withdrawal.

MindArk acknowledges the responsibility to maintain records of finance for all funds transactions in connection with Your use of the Entropia Universe. You agree that MindArk's transaction records shall be conclusive proof of the transaction carried out to or from Your PED Card.

MindArk will provide You with a fund transfer statement, showing Your deposits and withdrawals for the last 12 months (under the Account Section). Notwithstanding the forgoing, You acknowledge Your responsibility to keep track of any transactions with virtual currency within the Entropia Universe to or from Your PED Card. MindArk accepts no responsibility for funds and/or PED misplaced or misused in any incidence, regardless of reason.
    8. MindArk’s Rules of Conduct
    o. You may not interfere in any way with the virtual economy of Entropia Universe and/or with other Participants’ ability to use or enjoy the auction system or any other trading system in Entropia Universe. The foregoing includes, without limitations, the prohibition of manipulation or cause to manipulate statistical data, directly or indirectly. This prohibitions includes, without limitation, prohibition of price manipulation and/or price fixing regarding virtual items on the auction system.
    So for the tldr, yes they can stop your withdrawals, should there be a reason to do so... And investigations take time... So that's what this all is. It might be nothing, it might be something. Either way, MindArk reserves the right to investigate before accepting the withdrawal.

Now the debate is wether he is controlling opals... Could be, could not be, obody knows except the Game Masters and the person in question. Maybe he has other problems besides the Opals. He'll sure find out soon enough

I still wonder why several accounts got temporarily locked a few days ago though and how it might be connected to this.
    Last edited by Starkiller; 05-15-2020 at 19:35.

Starkiller
    Join https://discord.gg/kyFV4dT - Community Area for Songkra Valley, Warp and Beauty Services
    - Monthly event on Songkra Valley

Elite
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Stoica Alina Alina
    Society
    freeeeee
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicstorm View Post

it is illegal as long someone using an alt or a friend , support >

"You are always allowed to sell and buy at whatever price you wish but you are not allowed to attempt to make the market data misleading."

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Inherent Marxus Legends
    Society
    Dirty Dingos
    Images
    MindArk needs to provide an answer to the support case, I think everyone pretty much agrees this is unacceptable...
    Complete Armor Guide <--- Find out everything there is to know about Armor
    My Armor Shops at Twin Peaks mall, 2nd floor: Mayhem Armor Shop, Robot Armor Shop, Animal Armor Shop
    Rent an Armor set: Legends' Unlimited Armor Rentals

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Bendak Starkiller Mandalore
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Legends View Post
    MindArk needs to provide an answer to the support case, I think everyone pretty much agrees this is unacceptable...
    It's in their ToU anyway so...

Starkiller
    Join https://discord.gg/kyFV4dT - Community Area for Songkra Valley, Warp and Beauty Services
    - Monthly event on Songkra Valley

Dominant
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Laura woody wood
    Society
    Kaos
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexGray View Post
    I am incredibly surprised by the theory of the "conspiracy" about opals.

Yes, I trade. including opals, but besides me dozens of people sell them.

I myself do regular craft. The levels I have are of course quite modest, but some levels are already around 30-40.

If MindArk blames me for something, I would like to hear it. If I do something illegal, I will stop.
    Recently, I generally began to sell very little. I am waiting for instructions on what can and cannot be done. Because I do not understand my guilt.
    Funny because I do regular crafting to and I have had only 1 drop entire month and iv cycled quite a large amount. So either their rare which case you lucky man or theirs something else going on.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Sub-Zero The Killer
    Society
    Guess Who
    Images
    Remove all fucking item caps in this game. People can very easily manipulate prices because of fixed item caps. Let the market decide, not a few, the true price.

Dominant
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    dandale dan
    Quote Originally Posted by MsPudding View Post
    Great insight.
    A withdrawal started in December and left open until now without a reason stated by MA via a support case or email would be inappropriate on their part. I don't have all the facts before me, so I'm not passing any judgment on either party.
    I doubt that No reply for 6 months. He must be hiding something (maybe Opals)

Quote Originally Posted by Adjusted Einar View Post
    I know two things about Star Alex.

1 he crafts at fort troy standing between the TT machine and the construction machine, and has been for months.

2 he buys my simple plastic ruds frequently and at a reasonable MU.

seems like a pretty solid mid lvl crafter, scan him yourself.
    His crafting was a recent development. The manipulation of opals has been going on for years.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast