Suggestion: More Items Available + Better Inventory System

VandalHand

Guardian
Society
AO
VandalHand
Hey All,

Thought I would make a post about some ideas I've tossed around with mates and add some of my own ideas based on other games I've played with a free-to-play model with a "premium" inventory management system.

More max items in planetary storage & carried items. Make this expansion pack available via the web shop and update servers with the revenue. I'm sick of stacking pitbulls and would gladly purchase an inventory expansion.

Searchable inventory by clicking Ctrl+F and highlight or find the item within the storage. Having to login on the website and look at my item list is an ok workaround, but just implement that inside the client.

Make backpacks useful and offer more space in inventory without adding carry weight.

Any suggestions or ideas on how to refine this are welcome. I'd love to hear from the community about this and see if we can get enough put together for a solid support case for the development team at MindArk.

Sorry if ideas similar have already been suggested, I must have missed them. If this is a duplicate thread, please remove it.

Regards,
VH

I want to buy more auction slots

I want to buy more auction slots

Nice idea! I'll be sure this gets added to the recommendations when I go to submit a support case.

-VH

Last edited:
Nice idea! I'll be sure this gets added to the recommendations when I go to submit a support case.

They won't listen to you anyway. These have been submitted many times over. They haven't even bothered to implement the membership idea for premium auction slots/storage that people have asked for.

More max items in planetary storage & carried items. Make this expansion pack available via the web shop and update servers with the revenue. I'm sick of stacking pitbulls and would gladly purchase an inventory expansion.

It's not needed. I've asked support before and they stated that there is NO limitation on max number of items you can have. The max listed in planet storage is a 'false maximum'... Storage will hold thousands and thousands of items if you just keep throwing it in. Some of them will 'go invisible' and not look like they are there when it reaches the planetary capacity, but they are still there... Simply drag it all out from storage in to inventory, close storage, reopen, and re-drag it out, over and over a a few times and you'll get it all back in inventory... If that's not good enough use storage on FOMA, Monria, CP, Arkadia, Ark Underground, and the other planets, etc. What I used to do is store all pets on CP, all Blueprints in Ark Underground, etc. Lots of possibilities.

Sidenote - yes, I too overpaid for a few resettlement containers and pit bulls in ancient days, lol.

What annoys the heck out of me is that all ESTATES and resettlement containers list the same in 'my items' on the website... so if you have estates on multiple planets or more than one resettlement container it looks like it's all in one in the website... would be so much easier if they just put the NAME of the estate that is in item info on the deed, but no, can't do something that simple...

agreed on the searchable inventory.

I think about it often, just haven't posted a thread yet.

They won't listen to you anyway. These have been submitted many times over. They haven't even bothered to implement the membership idea for premium auction slots/storage that people have asked for.

because more auction slots/storage slots could ruin the economy even further... so it's good MA hasn't implemented it.

because more auction slots/storage slots could ruin the economy even further... so it's good MA hasn't implemented it.

Storage slots would not ruin the economy.

If you want to do something about auction slots, then you need to ban the alts that are being used for the extra auction slots. There are hundreds of them.

Storage slots would not ruin the economy.

pretty sure most of the crafted vehicle are used for extra storage slots rather than actual driving/flying.
Not to mention that crafted storage containers may become obsolete.

which could become a killer for vehicle and storage container crafting, along with the demand for materials to craft them..

...you need to ban the alts that are being used for the extra auction slots. There are hundreds of them.

Hey, glad you said it dude. To the point brought up about crafted vehicle economy, just sell them to the guys at the oil rig decaying ships all day for 3 dollars per hour :eyecrazy:

- VH

I would love a function to 'convert' vehicles and containers into permanent storage spots. Maybe return the TT value in UA - maybe not. I'd happy "pay" the TT value for it.

This lets the RCE function, provides a permanent sink for ul storage things, and increases top level storage to lessen the need for 'search' function.

I would love a function to 'convert' vehicles and containers into permanent storage spots. Maybe return the TT value in UA - maybe not. I'd happy "pay" the TT value for it.

This lets the RCE function, provides a permanent sink for ul storage things, and increases top level storage to lessen the need for 'search' function.

Man, this is great. Also alleviates the concern about loss of the vehicle market.

- VH

My take:

THere are enough storage containers around that does the trick for storage space. I suggest a simple tag system where you can label the different containers (pops up on mouse-over), and make the tags searchable.

This gives us:
1. Happy crafters
2. Happy storage freaks
3. Smoother game play - everyone's happy :smoke:

I have forwarded this thread to the dev team as feedback.

maybe go a different route that may even revive the furniture crafting (those use a lot of tt-food materials & mined to make). The Warehouse, which is instanced so everyone gets one by default, each planet gets it's own and it's accessible via TP.

It has an "warehouse" terminal, working basically the same a storage interface, just with some slight differences:
- it comes with infinite vehicle, furniture and storage container slots.
- the amount of storage for the other categories, guns; armor; materials etc., depends on the storage slots the vehicles, furniture and storage containers do provide.

or let it be another way, just a very big room, or multiplie, with unlimited item points, where you can place furniture and put all your items on the furniture for storage.

Then we could have combos:
storage & vehicle & inventory, like now, for commonly accessed items.
warehouse with furniture, for items which will be stored longer.

Last edited:
Back