Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Old Alpha
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Quint Landlord Vicious
    Society
    Rapture of Rebellion
    Images
    Like many others, I also noticed this big decrease in the number of multipliers while mining, which obviously leads to lower tt returns overall. It started only a few weeks ago, could it be that this is a consequence of the famous "Redu Rain" ??? That happened a few weeks ago as well...

I wouldn't be surprised if as soon as MA found out about this Redu avalanche, they switched off all multipliers for mining somehow, as an immediate fix. The permanent fix which most likely then got implemented could still have some unplanned restriction on multipliers...

It's just a thought, but it seems quite a coincidence that this Redu rain happened shortly before the unquestionable reduction in multipliers
    Skills unlocked : CGA, MMS, Extraction, BPC, RDA, Serendipity, Mineral Sense, Coolness, MDA, Martial arts, Combat Sense, Avoidance, Medicine, Treatment, Power catalyst, Enhancer Technology, Wounding, Fashion Design

Quote Originally Posted by Quint View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Like many others, I also noticed this big decrease in the number of multipliers while mining, which obviously leads to lower tt returns overall. It started only a few weeks ago, could it be that this is a consequence of the famous "Redu Rain" ??? That happened a few weeks ago as well...

I wouldn't be surprised if as soon as MA found out about this Redu avalanche, they switched off all multipliers for mining somehow, as an immediate fix. The permanent fix which most likely then got implemented could still have some unplanned restriction on multipliers...

It's just a thought, but it seems quite a coincidence that this Redu rain happened shortly before the unquestionable reduction in multipliers
    i had several multipliers over the past couple thousand drops, just weren't (big) enough to get to 90% TT-return...
    the worst was a 55 drop run with a times 10, it was i think, that didn't even make it to 90% TT-return...
    the payback hof is a lie

Old
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Lord Vondur Steinmeyer
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Returning to the game after 7 years here, couple of questions.

Does finder depth effect TT returns or only type of resource?

Back in the day it was a thing to sometimes use more shallow finders to avoid TT-crap deep. When you wanted Niks/narc but wanted to avoid azzurdite etc. Is that still a thing?

Ive seen opportunities for this strategy in some places but heard somewhere that you get higher TT returns with more depths, so not sure..

Thanks guys!

Mike KingMike007 Hussey
    Society
    AoC 2.0
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steinmeyer View Post
    Back in the day it was a thing to sometimes use more shallow finders to avoid TT-crap deep. When you wanted Niks/narc but wanted to avoid azzurdite etc. Is that still a thing?
    This is still true not sure about others

Quote Originally Posted by MikeH View Post
    I mine with F-101, so getting rather low MU stuff <140% MU, still getting back returns...
    the payback hof is a lie

Quote Originally Posted by MikeH View Post
    I mine with F-101, so getting rather low MU stuff <140% MU, still getting bad returns...

pretty sure this whole good MU = bad return thingy is just a myth.
    the payback hof is a lie

Marauder
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    MeLoveYou LongTime FiveDolla
    Society
    Entropialoot.com
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alukat123 View Post
    I mine with F-101, so getting rather low MU stuff <140% MU, still getting bad returns...

pretty sure this whole good MU = bad return thingy is just a myth.
    It isn't a myth. However, you cannot mine over-top people and high MU areas are actively over-mined. We know rocktropia has really shit TT returns unless you pop one. Just so happens that alternative is very over-mined. Ashi is the same way. Other areas get the benefit of having Lyst/Crude as fillers that are generally always available. Some of these other areas do not.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicstorm View Post
    It isn't a myth. However, you cannot mine over-top people and high MU areas are actively over-mined. We know rocktropia has really shit TT returns unless you pop one. Just so happens that alternative is very over-mined. Ashi is the same way. Other areas get the benefit of having Lyst/Crude as fillers that are generally always available. Some of these other areas do not.
    I wasn't talking about alternative =)
    And i tried zinc, lyst, oil areas, those weren't any better..
    the payback hof is a lie

i finally got a global... guess what, only 110 PED -.-
    the payback hof is a lie

Dominant
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Laura woody wood
    Society
    Kaos
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alukat123 View Post