Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11 ... LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    John Black Knight
    Society
    Titans of Space
    Images

Avatar Statue deed sales - mindark sales in general

Over a year ago i purchases the avatar statue deed for twin peaks main - while the auction was still running i sent in some questions to clarify the sales criteria - however i didnt get an 'answer' until 9 month after i already had won the auction. And now i seemingly having been passed on to email communication i dont really seem to get any customer service either for a product i payed for over a year ago...

Any suggestions on how to get anyone from mindark to respond to the issue before another year passes ?
    (PS:Im still waiting for 6 and a half years now for the remaining features to my spaceships that i payed for in 2011 - but at least i got something to use meanwhile in that case...)

I hope mindark at some point will realise that customer communication especially when you cant/or dont want to deliver a product on time (or in the same year for that matter) is not a bad thing.

Here is the exchange:
    ---------------------------------------------
    (mail to: Rec)
    -----------------
    Hello, the below part is from my support case regarding question on how to claim my avatar statue deeds and which customization/operation/handling/trade/upgrade options are avaiable for it. I originally asked those question a year ago and have not received an answer as to any specifics about my avatar statue deed (the case was closed with a final reply that didnt answer any of my questions after 9 months and refered me to write you an email).
    So before i make my mind up on how i want my statue to look - could you please answer my questions from below ?
    Thanks in advance.

John Black Knight

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello, i wanted to ask a few questions regarding the avatar statue deeds while there is still time to bid on them.

Will the final appearance be a 3D avatar statue like can be seen at celeste habour on arkadia or will the appearance stay the same as current one with 4 sides just showing a facial impression ?

Will it only be avatars that can be displayed or could be be a spaceship/mothership with respective message about its crew/service as well ?

Will the message and 3D object be adjustable at a later point in time ? eg. graphics engine change or avatar appearance change

Will it be possible to purchase additional features to the statue ? eg. 1-3 itempoints to mount a pc content sign on to it

Will the deeds remain in playerpossession after the statues have been customized and be tradeable ?

Thanks for your time.

Kind regards
    John

----------------------------------

Hi Black,

Thank you for contacting us and please accept our truthful apologies for not being able to reply in time.

They are now starting to make all the arrangements for the statues, and need a some information to start with.

Please choose the option below that is best suited for you.

Hunter = Avatar holding a rifle
    Miner = Avatar hold a Finder.
    Mindforce = Avatar using Mindforce
    Crafter = Avatar holding crafting tools
    Trader = Avatar holding scales

Email your answer to Rec@mindark.com and they will start the process.

Support will not be able to answer any further information about this and we suggest that you reach out to Rec if you have any inquiries.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,
    Hank | Entropia Universe Support
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Obviously i wouldnt just name one of the above listed criteria without any response to my previous questions - as i might end up with a 'cheap shot/solution' in return before i can specify.

Sorry for the rant but i really would love if they would reply to me at some point regarding the purchase that i made and never received.
    Hope they will resolve all open sales matters of the past before selling again something that isnt rdy for sale and especially improve on their customer communications (like getting a reply in the same month even when its an 'inconvenient' topic would be a start)

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Szilard Skeezer Aszkenaze
    Society
    Irken Invaders
    Images
    Instead of a generic Hunter, Miner, Trader..etc, shouldn't the statue be of you? Your avatar?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    James Jambon Zidane
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    That sucks man... the whole avatar statue thing is just ridiculous. They were expecting a big payday but instead only sold a couple for the starting bid. And because they resent that all the statues didn't sell they are punishing the couple people that actually did buy (for whatever reason).

Really it should have been something that took less than a couple man hours to finalize. After the deeds sold it should have just been handled thusly IMO:

A) Deed auctions complete, avatars can claim the deeds out of auction.
    B) With deed in hand avatars could then activate a one time ability to customize their avatar via the avatar creation system. To allow them to have their avatar/statue look exactly how they want.
    C) Once they are sure the avatar is how they want it. File a support ticket by the deadline (30 days after auction ends) citing what you want your avatar wearing and what gear they should be holding from anything in the game.
    D) On the next VU devs would then make a copy of your avatar onto a modified mannequin pad (with interactivity to set and display a message but removed ability to equip/remove items) with the requested gear/clothes. They would then place the modified mannequin pad to replace the statues.
    E) Avatar holding the deed (which would be tradable) would be able to interact with the modified mannequin pad to edit their message whenever they want. Even though the deed would be tradeable the new holder wouldn't be allowed to be changed how the statue looked.
    F) As a bonus for such a long wait statue areas now include 15 item points so you can place a couple shopkeepers down in the area too.

Boom. Simple. Complete. No BS - DONE.

P.S. The sad fact is that is MA handled things this way and people saw the cool perks of having an avatar area (IE ability to place shop keepers) they could EASILY sell the rest for much more than the first sold for. But that goes against MA's motto: "If at first it doesn't succeed - give up and move on the the next big thing"
    Last edited by jambon; 01-30-2018 at 13:26.

Watching The End Of The Universe Since 2010...

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    John Black Knight
    Society
    Titans of Space
    Images
    It is indeed hard to grasp how little tought mindark put in to this and how they still try to keep putting it off for a later time -> i contacted an ingame official and he asked them about my email and the feedback i got was that they will be looking into the statues and how to do them and they will get back to me -> which is mindark language for we have not even started thinking about it and no time to do it right now, but we might do it in future...

I mean if you sell something and it doesnt go to plan and you dont earn what you hoped for then you should have had a plan B on how to resolve the delivery anyway or how to at least check with your customers how the situation could be resolved - i would have had plenty of low effort suggestions for those statues if someone had bothered to spent 5min following up the purchase and really to consider proposed solutions.

eg.
    Mannequinns exist ingame + there is beauty interfaces already that allow you to alter your current avatar apearance -> so just use the interface that copies your avatar appaerence and upload it (+equipped clothes/items) on to a modified mannequinn pad that scales 3-5times the size and call it a statue = low effort high quality solution that even allows to update the statue over time as avatar appearances or game graphics change (could even offer to upload other ingame objects from the database (animals/vehicles/items))
    This would allow to use the avatar statue as a multiuse 3d display (adscreen) and would increase its ingame value considerably - which in turn would enable mindark to sell the unsold statue deeds probably for more then the existing ones.

Chaotic Good
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    MegaVolt
    Society
    Kaos
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John B Knight View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Please choose the option below that is best suited for you.

Hunter = Avatar holding a rifle
    Miner = Avatar hold a Finder.
    Mindforce = Avatar using Mindforce
    Crafter = Avatar holding crafting tools
    Trader = Avatar holding scales

Email your answer to Rec@mindark.com and they will start the process.

Choose one option. You were buying a statue, this will start the process.

But even in real life, things dont always go according to plan...

Last edited by Mega; 02-15-2018 at 23:26.

Stalker
    BB BB Punisher
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Will probably look like the player statues that have been on cyrene for years (which I'm guessing is where MA got the idea)

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    John Black Knight
    Society
    Titans of Space
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega View Post
    Choose one option. You were buying a statue, this will start the process.
    Im a interplanetary busdriver and use a gun turret for hunting - i dont see my profession listed in the available options and knowing mindarks love for communication i dont have the illusion of getting much of it after i choose an option that doesnt describe me. Besides i still hope i could get a spaceship as statue instead to represent the entire service instead of a single person - it would only take 5 min of communication to clarify such options but so far no communication on actual product features has happened.
    My questions were already sent in before the sale occured.

Chaotic Good
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    MegaVolt
    Society
    Kaos
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John B Knight View Post
    Besides i still hope i could get a spaceship as statue
    Well you shouldn't have bid if that was your plan I'm sorry to say. A spaceship isn't an avatar and they were promoted as Avatar statues not Vehicle statues.

I'd have chosen the Avatar using Mindforce option if I could have found the listings on the auction (which I couldn't at the time.)

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    John Black Knight
    Society
    Titans of Space
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega View Post
    Well you shouldn't have bid if that was your plan I'm sorry to say. A spaceship isn't an avatar and they were promoted as Avatar statues not Vehicle statues.

I'd have chosen the Avatar using Mindforce option if I could have found the listings on the auction (which I couldn't at the time.)

If they had listed the options they gave me before the sale im sure none of their statue deeds would have sold
    But thats not the point, im well aware that i took a risk like we all do in this game when we hope to achieve something, i made a bid on something that wasnt clearly defined in hope that i could contribute to defining it later maybe even by paying extra and if that for some reason is not an option then atleast i would need an anser to my question if we keep the deed after the statue is made and if the statue can be changed later on because those two questions will determine if i just go for it and maybe sell it later or if i sell the deed to someone else who just wants a standard avatar option.
    As you might see, why should i choose an option if i havent even gotten an answer regarding resale possibility as making the choice might loose me my entire investment while i still can recoup it by selling the unused deed to someone else.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    CHOPPER
    Society
    Sanctuary
    Images
    What a shame. Or sham to be precise.
    I would recommend they fulfill the contract immediately refund all PEDS

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11 ... LastLast