PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources

View Poll Results: Do you think MA should prioritize fixing this lag above all else?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

127 94.78%
  • No

7 5.22%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel O2 Mercer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know what exactly should have priority over the game literally being unplayable. And also, the lag problem started before covid so using it as an excuse makes no sense.
    I'm not on Caly and the servers I'm currently playing on are ummm - less stressed?
    Oh, wait a minute, MA are blaming the Internet. Silly me - those other planets must be closer to us than Caly then .

At any rate, my failed, failed (usually only 2 not 3 for me) are normally 2 mins apart or so, and I'm playing a diversionary game with the persistant lowish loot lag of trying to kill the next mob in 2 or 3 shots before the previous loot arrives. So far, on mixed mobs, I've not managed to squeeze my latest mob's loot in before a lagged one - still trying. From the composition, I'd probably be able to tell if I manage it.

There is a tech question I have if anyone is able to answer, though. I believe there's a port that games use for super-fast information exchange, but the bandwidth is probably very limited. It's just a thought, but apart from some serious rubber banding, on the whole my vehicles seem to be glitching less actually. Could it be that MA wanted to improve this and rerouted vehicle position updates via that fast port? Any techies around who can provide an "insight" - and help with a solution MA would of course never admit to having followed?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Inherent Marxus Legends
    Society
    Dirty Dingos
    Images
    I remember 2 - 3 years ago we had lag issues very similar to this and a lot of players expressed their frustration here on this forum, similar to what's happening right now.

I remember that there was some speculation about maybe one of the ocean cables perhaps undergoing maintenance and internet traffic being temporarily re-routed... There was a thread where everyone stated what country they were from and if they were experiencing lag or not in the game.

I remember someone had knowledge about where MindArk servers were located and said that this company was not reliable overall... Eventually the lag went away after several VUs.

I don't want to start any conspiracy theories but I suppose it's possible MindArk moved the game servers at the time so as to get better latency, and just moved the game servers back to the cheaper server farm to save money?

I hope not. Having a reliable game experience is probably the most important thing, especially in a period where you are experiencing a lot of playerbase growth such the one we're in right now.

Please MindArk, this should be more important to you than it currently appears to be...
    Complete Armor Guide <--- Find out everything there is to know about Armor
    My Armor Shops at Twin Peaks mall, 2nd floor: Mayhem Armor Shop, Robot Armor Shop, Animal Armor Shop
    Rent an Armor set: Legends' Unlimited Armor Rentals

Miss Gloria Hugo
    Quote Originally Posted by SoberPhil View Post
    This is a different type of glitch and it's been around for very long, I don't think it has anything to do with lag mayhem atm. And the "getting out of the water like a weightless mutant" animation is very funny, I grew to like it eventually, I laugh every time it happens.
    OK thanks for the info.

Miss Gloria Hugo
    I just voted yes for the lag fix.

Xendar Xen Xal
    Society
    Payn-Inc
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Legends View Post
    I remember 2 - 3 years ago we had lag issues very similar to this and a lot of players expressed their frustration here on this forum, similar to what's happening right now.

I remember that there was some speculation about maybe one of the ocean cables perhaps undergoing maintenance and internet traffic being temporarily re-routed... There was a thread where everyone stated what country they were from and if they were experiencing lag or not in the game.

I remember someone had knowledge about where MindArk servers were located and said that this company was not reliable overall... Eventually the lag went away after several VUs.

I don't want to start any conspiracy theories but I suppose it's possible MindArk moved the game servers at the time so as to get better latency, and just moved the game servers back to the cheaper server farm to save money?

I hope not. Having a reliable game experience is probably the most important thing, especially in a period where you are experiencing a lot of playerbase growth such the one we're in right now.

Please MindArk, this should be more important to you than it currently appears to be...
    Things seem to have changed since the last time I went poking around.

The game servers appear to now be in Paddington, London, England hosted by Zayo?

The download/updates are hosted by Amazon. MA, just put the whole thing on AWS please and thank you.
    Xen Shop ☯ Fi/Ra/Co Dante | Imperial HAZEN Gloves (M) | Hedoc Mayhem, Adjusted t4.20 | Robot Cache Strongbox

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    hijacker Hijacker27 inferno
    Society
    Payn-Inc
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    The download/updates are hosted by Amazon. MA, just put the whole thing on AWS please and thank you.
    Amazon has also developed a version of cryengine specifically for AWS based games. Maybe MA could transition to this?

Quote Originally Posted by Hijacker27 View Post
    Amazon has also developed a version of cryengine specifically for AWS based games. Maybe MA could transition to this?
    Whatever engine they might change to must have solid solutions for MMOs, CE isn't the best
    for it even though it is better now than what CE2 is with certain solutions.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mr.Droops Rob
    Society
    The Gladiators
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    The game servers appear to now be in Paddington, London, England hosted by Zayo?

Think Colo still is Schiphol-Rijk https://www.peeringdb.com/net/541
    1 ae3.cs1.ams10.nl.eth.zayo.com (64.125.31.104) 1.938 ms * *
    2 ae9.mcs1.ams10.nl.eth.zayo.com (64.125.30.3) 58.656 ms 2.275 ms 3.443 ms
    3 ae5.mpr1.ams13.nl.zip.zayo.com (64.125.30.239) 2.039 ms 1.815 ms 1.902 ms
    Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't"

- Bill Nye-

Xendar Xen Xal
    Society
    Payn-Inc
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Droops View Post
    Think Colo still is Schiphol-Rijk https://www.peeringdb.com/net/541
    1 ae3.cs1.ams10.nl.eth.zayo.com (64.125.31.104) 1.938 ms * *
    2 ae9.mcs1.ams10.nl.eth.zayo.com (64.125.30.3) 58.656 ms 2.275 ms 3.443 ms
    3 ae5.mpr1.ams13.nl.zip.zayo.com (64.125.30.239) 2.039 ms 1.815 ms 1.902 ms
    Well login.entropiauniverse.com goes to London...
    Xen Shop ☯ Fi/Ra/Co Dante | Imperial HAZEN Gloves (M) | Hedoc Mayhem, Adjusted t4.20 | Robot Cache Strongbox

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Prophet the Prophet from Planet Zen
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    should have been a public poll...
    Free from desire, you realize the mystery. Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations. Yet mystery and manifestations
    arise from the same source. This source is called darkness. Darkness within darkness. The gateway to all understanding. 道德經 老子
    Eyes closed -.-

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast