Fix this godforsaken lag

Do you think MA should prioritize fixing this lag above all else?

• Yes

Votes: 143 92.9%
  • No

Votes: 11 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When you are in a middle of killing a Big Bulk Gen 10, and you keep an eye on your HP, to ModFap the heck out of yourself when needed. But the "dynamix", freeze. You cant equip, tapping your keyboard asigned button to equip. You die and must TP back to death location. This happens so many times to me, it gets annoying actually. Forces you to spend the mind-essence and causes more decay. I can handle a crit-death, but this on top of that, is a bit too much. Crits dont kill me no more, its these laggy freezes.

and its just not that it freeze it freeze for like 2 3 mins sometimes

I had almost no lagg at all today, since the update its much better here.

For me the lag is intermittent when there are many mobs around but it seem that if one other player is near by it is loot lag on at least 1 mob in 3 and sometimes every mob.

Lag seems improved but still not fixed. I find it interesting that instead of really fixing it, they just took out the failed messages.

I haven't noticed any real change in frequency or scope. It doesn't seem to be related to other players' activity (I often go an entire session without seeing another green dot), nor number of mobs, nor which server I'm on.

I have noticed an important change that mobs no longer damage you when you are lagged, so thanks MA for that.

Lag seems improved but still not fixed. I find it interesting that instead of really fixing it, they just took out the failed messages.

and on top of that, the failed shots no longer consume ammo.

for me there's a lot more lag on hunts now.

Now Let's get rid of

This item is already equipped

Just give us a switch in the configuration GUI.
Disable onscreen error messages. check

Send me an email when you have that sorted out MA.

Due to higher activity, players can now experience some inconvenience. In short, there isn't a bug to fix to get rid of the lag. There are several areas that could be improved and we are working to continuously release optimization in order to improve client and server performance. This is important for us and we hope to improve the experience for players in the upcoming patches.

Due to higher activity, players can now experience some inconvenience. In short, there isn't a bug to fix to get rid of the lag. There are several areas that could be improved and we are working to continuously release optimization in order to improve client and server performance. This is important for us and we hope to improve the experience for players in the upcoming patches.

I understand that Dennis, and I thank for all the fixes ya have tried to make thus far. and I'm glad that finally some communication has been posted here. There can be some immediate improvements made not about the lag itself, but how the servers treat the player when the player gets the "lag spike".

For example. When we get this "lag spikes" a mob can attack us but we cannot do anything against it.

Is there not a way for the client to detect that we have gotten this lag spike and grant us the in-game buff "Arrival protection" that happens after we teleport? So the mob can't damage us anymore.

This lag wouldn't be so annoying and frustrating if this got fixed. Also as a sidenote, why is it that in pvp zones (non lootable) if a mob reaches unreachable state we lose our ammo/decay?

This is not really fair to us. Please make it so it works like in non pvp, in unreachable state the mob you will not lose any ammo or decay at all. A big annoyance for this is in Fort Cayuze at the Leviathan spawn (since it's in PVP zone) the mobs often get unreachable because of other leviathan blocking their path... And we lose precious peds and time when firing on unreachable state, not to mention have to go closer and lure more mobs and possibly die.

Also since you know about the lag. Please plan ahead when designing events. Spread event mobs in many different servers with different maturities (most popular maturities have them in several different servers). To offset server load. When the servers get close to full or too much lag the players can choose another server. Important to do this for the upcoming migration.

Last edited:

Increased player activity should be a good thing, upgrade your servers? it's about time.

Lag has been a recurrent issue for years. [ Proof ]

This doesn't sound too good.
This is telling us the game cannot grow much further because the code and or servers doesn't allow it?
As you guys saw, the lag is causing us massive frustration, especially during the events so maybe it's time for a solution more ...outside the box? Something more radical?

- Try audit the code and server settings, do a wide code review in sensitive areas with another dev team from another company.

Optimize terrain / textures...

- Restrict the spawned mobs maybe? You could make the spawns react to hunters and only have like 10% of mobs spawned and respawns once a couple of creatures die. Or take them out (if full HP) if they are not needed and if they consume server resources for movement... add them when players move into the area...

Something really has to change because at times it makes no sense to play it even for the most addicted of us and also no one likes to hear there's no possible growth of the game (be it investor or player)

shame on Failed,Failed,Failed
shame on my pet running toward nowhere while i get lagged
shame on latency parameter goes up to 1k~70k
shame on calpyso dev, shame on ark dev
shame on henry's gambling addiction
shame on mulmun event speices loot
shame on nanocube available from trade terminal
shame on O.P.A.L

PS.shame on myself who wrote this hideous post on this thread

:laugh::laugh:

Increased player activity should be a good thing, upgrade your servers? it's about time.

Lag has been a recurrent issue for years. [ Proof ]

Yes. Furthermore, because of COVID, there will be more people playing the entropy universe. I don't want to imagine how big will be the lag during the next migration.

Just want to tell, I'm not in coding so I can be wrong, but I'm not so sure about the red part.

I think there are two kinds of lag, and people don't really all talk about the same thing here.

There's the "usual" lag (constant).
The one that makes every action take a certain amount of time to complete.
And the more people there are on a server, the more this lag is (was?) present.

For example I remember an Hydra event a few months ago, there were about 150 people hunting in the same place.
The loots would appear 1 minute after the looting action.
Teleporting took 1 minute.
Converting shrapnel took 1 minute... etc...
Basically every action that required a server calculation took 1 minute.

I have noticed that this lag has been recently seriously worked on, and even almost eradicated. :wtg:

I have been the last 2 days in Jason.
There were also about 100/150 people hunting Mul there, and I felt absolutely no lag, no delay on the actions, everything was very smooth.
So thanks for that, really good work here. :bowdown:

But there's this second kind of lag that people talk about, which actually should have another name, because in my opinion it's more of a "freeze" than anything else.
It's those "lag spikes" that appear from time to time, that make everything stop for a few seconds.

This one appeared with the implementation of VU 17.1 (03/03/2020).
And I could be wrong, but so I think it is due to something very specific (in the coding or the infrastructure) that came whith this VU.

I assume you're still working on it, and I can imagine it's not easy to find the cause of it. :yup:

Really ? I am not trying to be overly rude here but just a couple of things:

1. Are you a programmer ?
2. So How exactly would you know that its not a bug?
3. MA does not have a QA staff, judging from past releases, because sometimes the game is not playable.
4. There could be a sub-routine running in background that uses resources eating up processing time.

I was overly critical of the last release and I would rather see things that we want as opposed to things you want, case in point:
I don't remember seeing one request about tiers and changing them on this forum, ofc I may have missed it. But I do know a lot of the releases seem to have a "Known issue" in the last paragraph or when one is found by the players we get "We know and it will be fixed on the next release"

One thing I can say, that, IMO this is the best game ever. So why don't you stop trying to fix things that are not broken and concentrate on what we want not what you want. We can make suggestions and seem to always get "We will pass it on" Bologna and is never heard from again.

Take this post for what it is worth and try not to be too offended.

If the problem was purely heightened activity that's the easiest problem in the world to solve unless your infrastructure is so trashed you can't scale it properly. Also if it were simply increased load it should not be as rythmic and consistent as it is - I should see different results at different times and on different servers, but that hasn't been my observation (and I've had months to observe it now since it's been exactly and consistenly the same since the VU update, in case that fact has been forgotten). If it were just load we should see lag curves - increased latency surrounding the spikes - but these are plateaus, with the latency being completely normal before and after, and the spikes having basically the same duration each time.

Saying this is not a bug is disconcerting because to me it means MA is either lying (or being lied to themselves) or they are totally inept. Either way it tells me everything I need to know about this game's future.

But there's this second kind of lag that people talk about, which actually should have another name, because in my opinion it's more of a "freeze" than anything else.
It's those "lag spikes" that appear from time to time, that make everything stop for a few seconds.

And I could be wrong, but so I think it is due to something very specific (in the coding or the infrastructure) that came whith this VU.

I assume you're still working on it, and I can imagine it's not easy to find the cause of it. :yup:

I don't understand why MA refuses to publicly acknowledge there being any issue with the failed messages and "spikes" that started immediately following VU 17.1 going live. Now the red failed messages have been removed, but the affects are still there. MA is obviously aware of the issue and intentionally disabled the red "Failed" text. Nothing to see here, move along... :mad:

I eagerly wait to see what creative excuse MA can come up with when COVID-19 subsides, people return to their normal routines, and the freezing/failed tool useage doesn't resolve.

Now the red failed messages have been removed, but the affects are still there.

If they could remove all the RED messages that would be progress.

Guess how many people would miss them Dennis? Yes, that many.

Also if it were simply increased load it should not be as rythmic and consistent as it is - I should see different results at different times and on different servers, but that hasn't been my observation (and I've had months to observe it now since it's been exactly and consistenly the same since the VU update, in case that fact has been forgotten). If it were just load we should see lag curves - increased latency surrounding the spikes - but these are plateaus, with the latency being completely normal before and after, and the spikes having basically the same duration each time.

These are my observations as well. I don't see any reason to believe our current situation is a product of increased load. Nothing seems to affect frequency of these spikes and they are as you describe them being "plateaus".

I wouldn't doubt there is a networking issue between game servers somewhere in the infrastructure. I have seen my share of issues which behaved similarly to what we are experiencing after spending years working in NOCs for internet providers. These were steady issues which persisted regardless of network and server load until the cause was pinpointed.

If MindArk outsourced their infrastructure, it is possible they are at the mercy of those who maintain the data center to track down and resolve any network hardware or server hardware issues. Maybe when VU 17.1 went live there was also some sort of cut over to different hardware or different hosting provider. My guess is that there is a lot of finger pointing and passing of blame going on behind the scenes. No amount of coding from MindArk could fix the issues if this were the case.

I have been logging off everytime i get a bug. Losing interest bad to log in again. Each time my keyboard goes berserk or a lag multiplyer logs me off it takes more effort to log in again. Won't be long until I find "that" game.

This is very good point. The crowd lag is one thing, and the 'new lag' is another thing. The problem is that when MA see us complaining about lag, they just dismiss the ticket, the thread etc., thinking 'another player bitching about the same old lag".... sadly.

This is server side lag and it's cross universe. When on discord and some of the layers on another planet, we get the same freeze even if each of us are alone on the radar. It rather looks like it's been caused by a cron job and yeah, it's been recently introduced to the game so IT IS a bug. Look closer and please fix it before Mayhem.

Have the QA team test the live server because the staging/dev server will most likely not show the problem.

I have been logging off everytime i get a bug. Losing interest bad to log in again. Each time my keyboard goes berserk or a lag multiplyer logs me off it takes more effort to log in again. Won't be long until I find "that" game.

:wise: Basic functionality matters folks...

Who the hell said no?:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Had high hopes that we might see some improvement with VU 17.2.1... Oh well, back to being frustrated and only playing a fraction as much as I used to.

Last edited:
WOW, I don't know about anyone else but I had very little lag yesterday and what I did have could well have been normal internet lag. I am very happy !

Today the game is being unplayable again, every 4 or 5 shots the gun gets stuck and a few seconds later fires like 10 times abruptly. Also, loot events take a while to work...

Come on please, I really want to play your game :(

Back