Fix this godforsaken lag

Do you think MA should prioritize fixing this lag above all else?

• Yes

Votes: 143 92.9%
  • No

Votes: 11 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
who tf is voting no to this lol

Haven't voted yet but if i had to, probably I would.

The servers around the world are slow because of immense pressure on their backbone due to most people stuck at home and relying on online content. We cannot prepare for such contingencies and MA cannot afford to upgrade the entire infrastructure ( assuming at some price point they can) based on a once in a 100 year eventuality.

I hunt quite a bit and while the failed failed failed is extremely annoying, I remember the backdrop we are against and remind myself that this will get better when the whole world moves past the lock down mode and things get back to normal.

While netflix/amazon/facebook etc can afford that, I do not believe at this time it would be prudent for MA to do much about it. I see that they restart servers etc and stuff in the background and believe that is all they can/should do currently.

Divinity

PS: I just did vote after my reply :D

Quoted from other thread.

Issues started for me when VU 17.1.0 was implemented. My play time has been cut down to almost nothing.

Some players didn't realize this and are accepting the excuse of the covid pandemic from MA.

The Failed, Failed, Failed messages, rubber band and game stop responding started exactly after a Version Update.

Before that VU it was the "this player can't be your disciple" but that didn't caused game to stop or made any rubber band. My guess is when they tried to fix it, it got even worse. Typical MA.

Quoted from other thread.

Some players didn't realize this and are accepting the excuse of the covid pandemic from MA.

The Failed, Failed, Failed messages, rubber band and game stop responding started exactly after a Version Update.

Before that VU it was the "this player can't be your disciple" but that didn't caused game to stop or made any rubber band. My guess is when they tried to fix it, it got even worse. Typical MA.

ya funny af tbh...this why i want scratch rebuild. and hell with cryengine.

I can't stand much more of this.

Last edited:
I couldn't have said it better. Maybe it's time for MA to sell to game to anyone else.

The lag is horrid AND IT IS SERVER SIDE!!!!!!!!!!

For me the loot lag has only appeared in the last couple of days. If I weren't used to loot appearing pretty much immediately, then I'd probably actually accept some kind of "Let's see now, what have we got here then?" delay of a couple of seconds even. Plus, it USED to mean there was probably an item coming in the loot, so worth waiting for ;). Well, not anymore, ofc.

But the shooting lag - pretty annoying, yes. Would it be my number one priority ABOVE everything else? If I had a wish, I'd probably ask the genie for something different, but with survey results of above 90%, I'd accept the vote and get to work on it, especially as we KNOW it was directly linked timewise to that vu and not to a virus and the whole webby thing! :laugh:

Haven't voted yet but if i had to, probably I would.

The servers around the world are slow because of immense pressure on their backbone due to most people stuck at home and relying on online content. We cannot prepare for such contingencies and MA cannot afford to upgrade the entire infrastructure ( assuming at some price point they can) based on a once in a 100 year eventuality.

I hunt quite a bit and while the failed failed failed is extremely annoying, I remember the backdrop we are against and remind myself that this will get better when the whole world moves past the lock down mode and things get back to normal.

While netflix/amazon/facebook etc can afford that, I do not believe at this time it would be prudent for MA to do much about it. I see that they restart servers etc and stuff in the background and believe that is all they can/should do currently.

Divinity

PS: I just did vote after my reply :D
This is in no way related to "the internet being slow". Its crappy infrastrure for EU, or crappy design, or both.

Uh.. curious. Does the new community manager have any insight here.......? :eyecrazy:

Not saying they copy/paste anything ever but I suspect if she did reply it would sound something like this...

Thank you for contacting us.

As you might already know, since we are working with technical support we can not discuss in-world balance or in-game help, therefore it is unfortunately not possible for us to give you a completely satisfying reply.

We recommend that you ask around in the different chat channels available.

Please rest assured that this will be forwarded to the ones responsible, this does not mean that they will respond or discuss this matter.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards...

Thank you for taking the time to submit your suggestions. We really appreciate this kind of feedback and we have forwarded your comments to the responsible team.

We are unable to say whether or not your suggestions will be implemented, but please stay tuned to the News section and Release Notes on the website.

Kind regards...

Thank you for your report.

We have forwarded the issue to members of the responsible team for further investigation, any irregularities found will be adjusted as soon as possible.

Please stay tuned to the News and Release Notes sections on the website for further information and developments.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards...

Thank you...

We appreciate your report and it has been forwarded to the Devs for further consideration.

Kind regards...

This is nostalgic.

Reminds me of the days playing games on 14400 baud in my incredible hulk underoos...nearly 40 years ago.

Maybe we can boot up Entropia BBS...the bulletin board text game to help the servers cope.

Do you want to enter twin peaks? Yes
What do you want to do? Trade
Waiting......
You enter the magnificent twin peaks, with things around it, Which direction do you want to walk?
North
Waiting....
You meet Shyless the legendary trader who never leaves...Would you like to trade 1. Ores 2.Minerals 3. Sweat?
Failed....
Thank you for playing, please log in again for another unforgettable experience.

Talk about disappointment though, according to popular science back then we would be living in space colonies with our flying cars by now....instead I see red failed messages while locked down in my home.

Those messages could not be more true. Failed indeed.

Be careful with this lag using autoloot pill. If you move too far away. You lose mob (doesn't get looted).... :mad:

Keep voting please. And those who voted No. you're entitled to your opinion. However, as you can see. The majority of us want this fixed!

I can't stand this lag...
I usually happily play several hours a day...
But this lag is leaving me super frustrated and logging off.

Having players log off in frustration surely isn't good for the game...
Please make this a priority to fix.

ok, this is becoming ridiculous.
This is just unplayable.

And the most frustrating part is that there is ZERO communication from MA.
Where's that "community manager" that introduced himself so merrily?
:mad:

OMG The lag!!!!!!!!! :mad::banghead:

It's like just stuttering walking and loads of ammo spent and die with FAP in hand 1out of 3 times!

I hope it isn't as sinister as one of my friends joked, "Why would they fix the lag when they get all that glorious decay?"

:hammer:

Last edited:
Be careful with this lag using autoloot pill. If you move too far away. You lose mob (doesn't get looted).... :mad:

Keep voting please. And those who voted No. you're entitled to your opinion. However, as you can see. The majority of us want this fixed!

According to the meaning of the survey question, answering no is only answering the last three words: Do you think MA should prioritize fixing this lag above all else? Above all else: those last three words are why my answer might be no, but I very strongly want this fixed, of course I do. Just the word prioritize would usually have been enough in the normal world, except it's MA, so I guess you have to bust through the concrete...

In the Feffoid pit we were getting loot for mobs shot 3 before the mob we on....

Logged off...

Vacation Time.... Lag is terrible....

According to the meaning of the survey question, answering no is only answering the last three words: Do you think MA should prioritize fixing this lag above all else? Above all else: those last three words are why my answer might be no, but I very strongly want this fixed, of course I do. Just the word prioritize would usually have been enough in the normal world, except it's MA, so I guess you have to bust through the concrete...
Yes, I meant it in a way that they should postpone all future events and updates until this lag is fixed. Basically only work on fixing this.

At the very least they need to communicate and acknowledge this lag.
It's plain unprofessional to keep running events when the game has so much lag.

They gotta start giving a fuck to their playerbase. Instead they wanna milk more money by selling a non tradeable 300 usd cosmetic useless Cyborg suit in a RCE game. Look at their priorities.

I don't know what exactly should have priority over the game literally being unplayable. And also, the lag problem started before covid so using it as an excuse makes no sense.

I'll say more, maybe I'm completely wrong and it shouldn't be a priority and/or they can't fix it (weird... but ok). Where the hell is the "improved communication"? You know this has been going on for weeks don't you?

i'm back for a couple off days since halfway last year somewhere. lag was shit back then at times.

but now its just irritating the shit out of me. just logged out because i'm not in the mood to stare at my screen hoping i dont get hickups every 5 seconds.
i'm allready on the point off stopping agian.
Also cant imagine new players will stick this out for more then a week. This game feels like 2 teens running a game from there moms basement with wifi.

15+years they have so called "experience"

- your still shit at communicating anything usefull if there's problems in game or community. ( wasnt your new CEO last year like we gonna communicate more better blabla )
- also this : https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?315781-Hello-from-MindArk-s-new-Community-Relations-Manager!http://
is he on holiday allready ?

- this has nothing todo with corona blabla.
- normal mmo's would make queue's if there servers cant handle the load. i'd rather have a "server is full" message then login and its so shit that i might aswell logout again.

feels like talking to a rock, it also doesnt move when just talk to it....

I don't know what exactly should have priority over the game literally being unplayable. And also, the lag problem started before covid so using it as an excuse makes no sense.
I'm not on Caly and the servers I'm currently playing on are ummm - less stressed?
Oh, wait a minute, MA are blaming the Internet. Silly me - those other planets must be closer to us than Caly then ;).

At any rate, my failed, failed (usually only 2 not 3 for me) are normally 2 mins apart or so, and I'm playing a diversionary game with the persistant lowish loot lag of trying to kill the next mob in 2 or 3 shots before the previous loot arrives. So far, on mixed mobs, I've not managed to squeeze my latest mob's loot in before a lagged one - still trying. From the composition, I'd probably be able to tell if I manage it.

There is a tech question I have if anyone is able to answer, though. I believe there's a port that games use for super-fast information exchange, but the bandwidth is probably very limited. It's just a thought, but apart from some serious rubber banding, on the whole my vehicles seem to be glitching less actually. Could it be that MA wanted to improve this and rerouted vehicle position updates via that fast port? Any techies around who can provide an "insight" - and help with a solution MA would of course never admit to having followed?

I remember 2 - 3 years ago we had lag issues very similar to this and a lot of players expressed their frustration here on this forum, similar to what's happening right now.

I remember that there was some speculation about maybe one of the ocean cables perhaps undergoing maintenance and internet traffic being temporarily re-routed... There was a thread where everyone stated what country they were from and if they were experiencing lag or not in the game.

I remember someone had knowledge about where MindArk servers were located and said that this company was not reliable overall... Eventually the lag went away after several VUs.

I don't want to start any conspiracy theories but I suppose it's possible MindArk moved the game servers at the time so as to get better latency, and just moved the game servers back to the cheaper server farm to save money?

I hope not. Having a reliable game experience is probably the most important thing, especially in a period where you are experiencing a lot of playerbase growth such the one we're in right now.

Please MindArk, this should be more important to you than it currently appears to be...

This is a different type of glitch and it's been around for very long, I don't think it has anything to do with lag mayhem atm. And the "getting out of the water like a weightless mutant" animation is very funny, I grew to like it eventually, I laugh every time it happens.

OK thanks for the info.

I just voted yes for the lag fix.

I remember 2 - 3 years ago we had lag issues very similar to this and a lot of players expressed their frustration here on this forum, similar to what's happening right now.

I remember that there was some speculation about maybe one of the ocean cables perhaps undergoing maintenance and internet traffic being temporarily re-routed... There was a thread where everyone stated what country they were from and if they were experiencing lag or not in the game.

I remember someone had knowledge about where MindArk servers were located and said that this company was not reliable overall... Eventually the lag went away after several VUs.

I don't want to start any conspiracy theories but I suppose it's possible MindArk moved the game servers at the time so as to get better latency, and just moved the game servers back to the cheaper server farm to save money?

I hope not. Having a reliable game experience is probably the most important thing, especially in a period where you are experiencing a lot of playerbase growth such the one we're in right now.

Please MindArk, this should be more important to you than it currently appears to be...

Things seem to have changed since the last time I went poking around.

euservers.jpg

The game servers appear to now be in Paddington, London, England hosted by Zayo?

The download/updates are hosted by Amazon. MA, just put the whole thing on AWS please and thank you.

The download/updates are hosted by Amazon. MA, just put the whole thing on AWS please and thank you.

Amazon has also developed a version of cryengine specifically for AWS based games. Maybe MA could transition to this?

Amazon has also developed a version of cryengine specifically for AWS based games. Maybe MA could transition to this?

Whatever engine they might change to must have solid solutions for MMOs, CE isn't the best
for it even though it is better now than what CE2 is with certain solutions. ;)

The game servers appear to now be in Paddington, London, England hosted by Zayo?

Think Colo still is Schiphol-Rijk https://www.peeringdb.com/net/541
1 ae3.cs1.ams10.nl.eth.zayo.com (64.125.31.104) 1.938 ms * *
2 ae9.mcs1.ams10.nl.eth.zayo.com (64.125.30.3) 58.656 ms 2.275 ms 3.443 ms
3 ae5.mpr1.ams13.nl.zip.zayo.com (64.125.30.239) 2.039 ms 1.815 ms 1.902 ms

Think Colo still is Schiphol-Rijk https://www.peeringdb.com/net/541
1 ae3.cs1.ams10.nl.eth.zayo.com (64.125.31.104) 1.938 ms * *
2 ae9.mcs1.ams10.nl.eth.zayo.com (64.125.30.3) 58.656 ms 2.275 ms 3.443 ms
3 ae5.mpr1.ams13.nl.zip.zayo.com (64.125.30.239) 2.039 ms 1.815 ms 1.902 ms

Well login.entropiauniverse.com goes to London... :scratch2:

Back