PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources

View Poll Results: Do you think MA should prioritize fixing this lag above all else?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

124 94.66%
  • No

7 5.34%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Marauder
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Divinity Deth Undefined
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    who tf is voting no to this lol
    Haven't voted yet but if i had to, probably I would.

The servers around the world are slow because of immense pressure on their backbone due to most people stuck at home and relying on online content. We cannot prepare for such contingencies and MA cannot afford to upgrade the entire infrastructure ( assuming at some price point they can) based on a once in a 100 year eventuality.

I hunt quite a bit and while the failed failed failed is extremely annoying, I remember the backdrop we are against and remind myself that this will get better when the whole world moves past the lock down mode and things get back to normal.

While netflix/amazon/facebook etc can afford that, I do not believe at this time it would be prudent for MA to do much about it. I see that they restart servers etc and stuff in the background and believe that is all they can/should do currently.

Divinity

PS: I just did vote after my reply

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Fanan Head Shot
    Quoted from other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by tekmaster82 View Post
    Issues started for me when VU 17.1.0 was implemented. My play time has been cut down to almost nothing.

Some players didn't realize this and are accepting the excuse of the covid pandemic from MA.

The Failed, Failed, Failed messages, rubber band and game stop responding started exactly after a Version Update.

Before that VU it was the "this player can't be your disciple" but that didn't caused game to stop or made any rubber band. My guess is when they tried to fix it, it got even worse. Typical MA.
    Hunting in Calypso since: 03-Jan-2008

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Jo Aloisius Smith
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanan View Post
    Quoted from other thread.

Some players didn't realize this and are accepting the excuse of the covid pandemic from MA.

The Failed, Failed, Failed messages, rubber band and game stop responding started exactly after a Version Update.

Before that VU it was the "this player can't be your disciple" but that didn't caused game to stop or made any rubber band. My guess is when they tried to fix it, it got even worse. Typical MA.

ya funny af tbh...this why i want scratch rebuild. and hell with cryengine.

Guardian
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Luri UncleMo Nightshade
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Images
    I can't stand much more of this.
    Last edited by Uncle Mo; 05-16-2020 at 15:12.
    Twitch.Tv/PurplePoloPlayer

Lagg is horrible fix the lagggggggggg

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Mo View Post
    I couldn't have said it better. Maybe it's time for MA to sell to game to anyone else.

The lag is horrid AND IT IS SERVER SIDE!!!!!!!!!!
    For me the loot lag has only appeared in the last couple of days. If I weren't used to loot appearing pretty much immediately, then I'd probably actually accept some kind of "Let's see now, what have we got here then?" delay of a couple of seconds even. Plus, it USED to mean there was probably an item coming in the loot, so worth waiting for . Well, not anymore, ofc.

But the shooting lag - pretty annoying, yes. Would it be my number one priority ABOVE everything else? If I had a wish, I'd probably ask the genie for something different, but with survey results of above 90%, I'd accept the vote and get to work on it, especially as we KNOW it was directly linked timewise to that vu and not to a virus and the whole webby thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Divinity View Post
    Haven't voted yet but if i had to, probably I would.

The servers around the world are slow because of immense pressure on their backbone due to most people stuck at home and relying on online content. We cannot prepare for such contingencies and MA cannot afford to upgrade the entire infrastructure ( assuming at some price point they can) based on a once in a 100 year eventuality.

I hunt quite a bit and while the failed failed failed is extremely annoying, I remember the backdrop we are against and remind myself that this will get better when the whole world moves past the lock down mode and things get back to normal.

While netflix/amazon/facebook etc can afford that, I do not believe at this time it would be prudent for MA to do much about it. I see that they restart servers etc and stuff in the background and believe that is all they can/should do currently.

Divinity

PS: I just did vote after my reply
    This is in no way related to "the internet being slow". Its crappy infrastrure for EU, or crappy design, or both.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    xx Priest xx
    Images
    Uh.. curious. Does the new community manager have any insight here.......?
    Fair and transparent Universe-wide trading services & Secure Privateer Warp Services https://eutrading.net https://eutrading.net/warp/

Quote Originally Posted by xxPriestxx View Post
    Uh.. curious. Does the new community manager have any insight here.......?
    Not saying they copy/paste anything ever but I suspect if she did reply it would sound something like this...

Thank you for contacting us.

As you might already know, since we are working with technical support we can not discuss in-world balance or in-game help, therefore it is unfortunately not possible for us to give you a completely satisfying reply.

We recommend that you ask around in the different chat channels available.

Please rest assured that this will be forwarded to the ones responsible, this does not mean that they will respond or discuss this matter.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards...
    Thank you for taking the time to submit your suggestions. We really appreciate this kind of feedback and we have forwarded your comments to the responsible team.

We are unable to say whether or not your suggestions will be implemented, but please stay tuned to the News section and Release Notes on the website.

Kind regards...
    Thank you for your report.

We have forwarded the issue to members of the responsible team for further investigation, any irregularities found will be adjusted as soon as possible.

Please stay tuned to the News and Release Notes sections on the website for further information and developments.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards...
    Thank you...

We appreciate your report and it has been forwarded to the Devs for further consideration.

Kind regards...

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Forgo Forgorth Lundain
    Society
    Guess Who
    Blog Entries
    Images
    This is nostalgic.

Reminds me of the days playing games on 14400 baud in my incredible hulk underoos...nearly 40 years ago.

Maybe we can boot up Entropia BBS...the bulletin board text game to help the servers cope.

Do you want to enter twin peaks? Yes
    What do you want to do? Trade
    Waiting......
    You enter the magnificent twin peaks, with things around it, Which direction do you want to walk?
    North
    Waiting....
    You meet Shyless the legendary trader who never leaves...Would you like to trade 1. Ores 2.Minerals 3. Sweat?
    Failed....
    Thank you for playing, please log in again for another unforgettable experience.

Talk about disappointment though, according to popular science back then we would be living in space colonies with our flying cars by now....instead I see red failed messages while locked down in my home.

Those messages could not be more true. Failed indeed.

Check out Forgo on YouTube!
    Great Grand Master Pyro L120+
    Celeste Harbor booth #3 on Arkadia - for sale! 7800 start bid
    The Zombie Arms on Rocktropia
    next to the Steampunks near the tangerine TP Everything you need 500+ items!
    EL profile - 1.75+ million in hunting 600k+ skills

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast