Wild guess about current "lag". What's yours?

Joat

Elite
Society
M.I.S
My wild guess about the "lag" is that the reason for this situation is something they run
parallel to current system, something they test for a future release.
They didn't count on the effect the pandemic brought, that more players returning and
excisting players play more (well for a while at least), and that internet in general
will be more used, and therefor it will not run decently smooth. ;)
I know, it kinda look more like a wish than a guess that new features or similar will
come soon, something like e.g the new craftingsystem? ;)
Did I mentioned I'm bored? :D

Now... what's your guess?

I heard someone say the iron missions are a big strain on the servers. Maybe they are the cause of it? If so, things should improve in september once they are removed.

lack of will to dedicate proper ammount of money for servers ?

I heard someone say the iron missions are a big strain on the servers. Maybe they are the cause of it? If so, things should improve in september once they are removed.

It might become better, but these type of missions will still excist on all other planets.
So I guess it's a question on how many will change planet to finish off those missions too.

Last edited:
I've played just about three hours this week, and not during the peak hours but... it was not that bad, I've seen worse.

yup the lag is on again off again. i would surmise that the current lag spikes are entirely due to the lockdown. but MA never did deal with overpopulation. that the lag increased after a VU is only obviously a coding issue. if MA would consider a star citizen server population solution called "server meshing" maybe we can make EU great again.

They didn't count on the effect the pandemic brought, that more players returning and
excisting players play more [...]

The lag started before the pandemia really took over.

The iron missions exist since several years now. It can't be that their internal parts spike so much lately. If it really is related to iron missions, it was a change in the code released with VU 17.1.0.

As others have mentioned: It started with VU 17.1.0.

I'm sorry, but is just another thread about what's being discussed in other threads.

The iron missions exist since several years now. It can't be that their internal parts spike so much lately. If it really is related to iron missions, it was a change in the code released with VU 17.1.0.

I'm sorry, but is just another thread about what's being discussed in other threads.

This... :wise:

You missed the point obviously, that if they uploaded things in VU 17.1 within those 2.7gb
(or earlier) that are tested parallel to excisting system, they didn't count on the effect that
something like the pandemic had that put extra strain to internet and their own servers
when they started this due to all lockdowns and similar.

You missed the point obviously, that if they uploaded things in VU 17.1 within those 2.7gb
(or earlier) that are tested parallel to excisting system, they didn't count on the effect that
something like the pandemic had that put extra strain to internet and their own servers
when they started this due to all lockdowns and similar.

You missed the point obviously, that if they uploaded things in VU 17.1 within those 2.7gb it's something we download after the release thereof.

Again: They code, they publish VU 17.1.0, we download, we lag ... days ... pandemia, MA says it's pandemia's fault.

As I said: this thread is pointless as you're just trying to mix up known facts expressed in several other threads and maybe are misleading a few with this thread. I guess you do this to keep the thread running. There's no need to do this.

I tried to explain it, you're free to reply again of course, but I won't read it.

9 out of 10 server hamsters at MA HQ has unfortunately passed way due to starvation because everyone forgot to feed them, since they are all working from home due to corona virus.

Alas, there is still hope. There is still one hamster left and he is struggling to keep the servers spinning by himself.

Still not too late to replace the dead server hamsters and fix this lag....

I blame the 'quick fix' to remove blueprints from being lootable.

You missed the point obviously, that if they uploaded things in VU 17.1 within those 2.7gb it's something we download after the release thereof.

Again: They code, they publish VU 17.1.0, we download, we lag ... days ... pandemia, MA says it's pandemia's fault.

As I said: this thread is pointless as you're just trying to mix up known facts expressed in several other threads and maybe are misleading a few with this thread. I guess you do this to keep the thread running. There's no need to do this.

I tried to explain it, you're free to reply again of course, but I won't read it.

You were close this time but still failed to understand. (Cat1 in DKe?)
So lets go from start in a scenario like this, so *maybe* you or some few others get it who didn't so far.

My guess is based on this (but lets do it as a hypothetical scenario though):

Early 2017: Concept is presented and approved of new big important System C.
Mid 2017 - late 2019: System C is developed.
Late 2019 - early 2020: System C is ready to be tested in the background, and
released, without any user knows this.
Early 2020: - Someting happens that screw plans up. System C is still that important to
get implemented so they stick to plan. This could be... well lets say a Pandemic.

Early 2020 - current time: Due to those unexpected happenings plus the new system running in background
the current system is overloaded, almost unbareable to use.

Did you get it now? Do you see why the Pandemic can be reason to screw up things when
it comes to strain on connection and servers?
Haven't seen this been mentioned in so many other threads.

9 out of 10 server hamsters at MA HQ has unfortunately passed way due to starvation because everyone forgot to feed them, since they are all working from home due to corona virus.

Alas, there is still hope. There is still one hamster left and he is struggling to keep the servers spinning by himself.

Still not too late to replace the dead server hamsters and fix this lag....

Hamsters are not dead, they are just retired. :)
sadly the provider were out of hamsters so they had to borrow some turtles for now. ;)

Although, it is fun to guess and hypothesize, I'd still love a more 'official' answer from our Mindark Community Advisor, as this is the perfect situation she is hired for, it will also calm the players that we aren't being ignored and that it will have some timeline of a possible fix. :scratch2:

Although, it is fun to guess and hypothesize, I'd still love a more 'official' answer from our Mindark Community Advisor, as this is the perfect situation she is hired for, it will also calm the players that we aren't being ignored and that it will have some timeline of a possible fix. :scratch2:

Yes, this thread is about thoughts and ideas from players, it's about concept and
not the final details. ;)

Would be really nice to hear what they know, but somehow I doubt we will hear it all.
Easy for them to "paint themselfs into a corner" if they do answer.

If they don't answer there will be a lot of rumours and false ideas as some see as "facts",
if they do answer same people will not believe them anyway.

For the rest of us, yes please, do present as much that is possible to say, MA. :)

When I started playing in 2019 there were a lot less people logging in.
Network traffic over all has picked up due to work from home.
Twitch started to appear last year sometime.

I would look at all these hops through their ISP.

13 170 ms 170 ms 170 ms nyk-bb2-link.telia.net [80.91.254.15]
14 171 ms 171 ms 171 ms ash-bb2-link.telia.net [62.115.136.201]
15 166 ms 166 ms 166 ms prs-bb3-link.telia.net [62.115.112.243]
16 170 ms 170 ms 170 ms ffm-bb1-link.telia.net [62.115.123.12]
17 170 ms 171 ms 169 ms kbn-bb3-link.telia.net [62.115.114.92]
18 170 ms 170 ms 170 ms kbn-b3-link.telia.net [213.155.135.179]
19 166 ms 166 ms 166 ms m-b-peer4-link.telia.net [62.115.123.159]
20 171 ms 172 ms 171 ms g-kt-sec1-link.se.telia.net [81.228.82.203]

attachment.php

probably end of 2022

If it started exactly with a VU I don't see how you could blame it on anything else.

If it started exactly with a VU I don't see how you could blame it on anything else.

It's as if a certain players refuse to look at the facts or they have amnesia. I've just about given up stating that the problems started on March 3rd immediately after VU 17.1.0 was implemented.

My guess is that the whole MA staff is on Bahamas hence the bad loots lately. And the only one left at MA office is infact Bertha Bot.

My guess is that the whole MA staff is on Bahamas hence the bad loots lately. And the only one left at MA office is infact Bertha Bot.

You mean MA is botting? :tongue2:

It's as if a certain players refuse to look at the facts or they have amnesia. I've just about given up stating that the problems started on March 3rd immediately after VU 17.1.0 was implemented.

On the other hand, some players have no f**kin clue how developers work.
They can only see the obvious without some understanding to why it happens. :silly2:

Universe lag sounds like a job for Dr. Who.

Lag is terrible today. The system is even crashing down. :(:(:(:mad:

I'd guess server load. After days of lagging on caly I went on Monria and after a relog runs very smoothly :scratch2:

Back