Server Downtime for Maintenance

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
On Wednesday 2020-05-20 at 07:00 UTC, the Entropia Universe servers will be taken offline for maintenance.
We estimate a downtime of 2 hours.

This downtime is a maintenance window, during the downtime we will also explore further options to reduce the lag felt by players and spikes during gameplay.
For details on UTC time please see!www.entropiauniverse.com/utca

Originally Posted Here

Failed
Failed
Failed

This downtime is a maintenance window, during the downtime we will also explore further options to reduce the lag felt by players and spikes during gameplay.

This seems fairly telling... it means they have no idea what the problem is and are throwing darts.

Simple solution, allow the people with names from A to M to play only on odd days, and those from N to Z only on even days :D

lol they start to fix lag only when ppl starting to shout like a beasts about it... and even then they where need 3 months to get it...

Simple solution, allow the people with names from A to M to play only on odd days, and those from N to Z only on even days :D

haha i just got that in my country's covid solution free money signup. i swear...like what the hale is this place getting to.

lol they start to fix lag only when ppl starting to shout like a beasts about it... and even then they where need 3 months to get it...

yup i been shouting to fix the teleporting and the chat and i also warned about the spaghetti coding and that one day it'll crash and they will have no idea wha....? now all of it comes live in one magical moment.

This seems fairly telling... it means they have no idea what the problem is and are throwing darts.

i been calling for game engine facelift too...

"No downtime for updates"
Thats a plus :)

it would be a traumatic time again but it would give MA a chance to get on top of their code once and for all. scratch rebuild with aws on the side and then port us over after its done.

not too be to down about it I am also very happy you appear to be working on it...

Thank you.

Last edited:
I was hunting on Cyrene yesterday and it seemed to me that the game was running smoother, less lag than in the previous days.

100% need to migrate over to AWS.

Reactions: Xen
Nothing changed.
The data stream stops ,compresses then spits out the stuck packets.
10 seconds worth of data in a second after it unsticks.
I was getting clobered while my toon was frozen up.
No Data going in from my toon but obviously data coming out from Mind Ark.

Was crafting and my toon just locked up! can move around but nothing works.
The memory leaks are so bad I have to run the task manager and kill it off.
Maybe MA could put us all back into FULL SCREEN NON-WINDOWED MODE???
The Memory loss on CP sucks.
Theres no reason The game should just keep sucking up memory and never release it!

I would suspect all the bloody streaming on Twitch causing lag but I dont know anything about it.
Maybe it only effect the Host PC and not the servers.

Stop with the releases till you fix this!

MA implements cost of kill determines loot composition, the lower the cost the better the loot... and then there's a lot of lag increasing the cost to kill...

Back