PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Alaina Bonnie Knight
    Society
    Titans of Space
    Images

It's race time! Peds&Prizes + free entry!

This isn't an ordinary race, this is LAND SEA AND AIR! You better be able to sail, fly and drive, as you will need it! We Will provide all vehicles, fuel and prizes, all you have to do is be there! No entry fee, just good fun!

First prize - 100ped plus full TT Quadwing interceptor
    Second prize - 50 ped plus full TT Quadwing interceptor
    Third Prize -25 ped plus full tt Sleipnir
    Fourth prize - Full TT Sleipnir

Come be a part of the fun!

New Switzerland, 2130 ma time Saturday 23rd May 2020.

Important! I will be streaming a run through of the route live on Friday 22nd May 2130ma time - https://www.twitch.tv/bonnieeu It is not compulsory viewing but I will be giving a good insight into the route, and some important tips!

The race!

You will begin on the bridge at New Switzerland. here you will board your speedboat and await the countdown and fire of the rocket launcher. You will speed off at full throttle around the twisty bends and shallow waters. Watch out! Argo about! These are swimming Argo, who will go after you and your boat, armour or running shoes are advised.

You will beach your boat either beside the Aircraft if you managed to get the boat that far, or you will have abandoned it in the ever shallowing waters and run for your life.

The Aircraft will all be lined up, gleaming in the sun, get in as fast as you can and take to the air as you speed towards the final stage. Chose wisely, too low and you will hit the trees, too high and you will lose precious seconds.

Landing at the race track you will see the race cars all lined up. Get in and race around the track as fast as those little wheels will take you.

The track is a big circle, you will be being followed by some aircraft who will be making sure that you are at least semi following the circle shape. You can cut small corners (try to stick closely, cheaters will be disqualified), but be warned, we have done this route many a time, and cut all the corners you can cut, most of them will slow you down. The terrain is rough out there, trees, logs, stumps, cliffs and rocks could end any chance you had at victory.

You will zoom around the track and veer off to the finish line, where the after party is waiting for you with the prizes.

Good Luck Racers!!!

Quick tip - JBK, myself and other Titans of space Starfleet are providing the vehicles. This means if you manage to flip the car or get stuck and you cant complete the race with the vehicle, Game over!!

This makes it interesting as you have to be fast.... but careful!!!

On the day I will be live streaming the whole event for anyone who can't make it or fancy a nosey! https://www.twitch.tv/bonnieeu

I have been so very lucky in received a load of great items and peds to give out free to the community, thank you to all of you who made this sort of fun possible

Registrations - Taken via this thread, discord, and facebook. ( I will add all names here). Please comment below.

Racers
    • Smithers
    • Risk24 Risk Risk24
    • amale suomipoika isildur
    • Enviro Larry Lagoono
    • Ugnius DraKill Timinskas
    • Elaina
    • Sincros
    • Theocles
    • DMC
    • Alexis
    • Don Roger EE
    • Hyperion
    • RatCat
    • Elizabeth Artemis Black
    • Zabadoodee Zab Xanthron
    • Cervus
    • Luke Dalas Cambridge
    • Frank HalfToasted Redhot
    • Ricardo Rick Sanchez
    Last edited by Alainax; 05-23-2020 at 16:00.
    /join #space_travel 5000+member original space channel-used by the major transport providers
    Quote Originally Posted by krazykat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yes, yes, yes so y'all are the hottest skill'in team in the universe....
    EU Discord 1700+ members https://discord.gg/wjBh75B

Quote Originally Posted by Alainax View Post
    This isn't an ordinary race, this is LAND SEA AND AIR!
    This brings back memories!
    Way back in the day, different avatars, computers, connections, setups, whatever, had different speeds in the same vehicles - and I was slooow (also a slower swimmer than same agilities). So I flew a camera helicopter instead and the cameraman got some good footage of at least early on of the boats and in the air. Getting good side angles of the cars proved a lot more tricky, but it was great fun.
    I wonder if top speeds are the same now for everyone after so many changes to the systems over the years...
    I don't think I have the footage anymore (or the link).... maybe in the original after-event posts from whatever year it was?

Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Alaina Bonnie Knight
    Society
    Titans of Space
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsina View Post
    This brings back memories!
    Way back in the day, different avatars, computers, connections, setups, whatever, had different speeds in the same vehicles - and I was slooow (also a slower swimmer than same agilities). So I flew a camera helicopter instead and the cameraman got some good footage of at least early on of the boats and in the air. Getting good side angles of the cars proved a lot more tricky, but it was great fun.
    I wonder if top speeds are the same now for everyone after so many changes to the systems over the years...
    I don't think I have the footage anymore (or the link).... maybe in the original after-event posts from whatever year it was?
    Well spotted! It's a recreation of the 2011/12 events that were just so much fun! I've checked all the original threads we have lost a lot of the youtube footage, but time to make some more!
    (the map is original )
    /join #space_travel 5000+member original space channel-used by the major transport providers

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Luke Dalas Cambridge
    Society
    Death Unlimited
    Images
    Hmm, very tempting. Thanks for the inspiration to get my butt in gear and make something of Atlas Island Day's 10 year anniversary. Going to do some scouting right now!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Oleg Oleg McMullery
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alainax View Post
    Well spotted! It's a recreation of the 2011/12 events that were just so much fun! I've checked all the original threads we have lost a lot of the youtube footage, but time to make some more!
    (the map is original )
    I did some of those early races (I might even have hosted one or two, I forget) and they were really fun, though I was very bad at doing them Nice to see something like this happening again.

Well finally an oldschool event which I like hehe.
    Can you sign me in?! I will take part

Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Alaina Bonnie Knight
    Society
    Titans of Space
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalas View Post
    Hmm, very tempting. Thanks for the inspiration to get my butt in gear and make something of Atlas Island Day's 10 year anniversary. Going to do some scouting right now!
    Gl with it! I'll try to be there!

If there is anyone not after the peds for these races, bragging rights are also worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg View Post
    I did some of those early races (I might even have hosted one or two, I forget) and they were really fun, though I was very bad at doing them Nice to see something like this happening again.
    Yes! I always loved how this style of event created lasting memories for people about the game and entropians. I am so surprised so many recognised the format so fast after nearly a decade! Makes me think even more so that they were a nice memory

Quote Originally Posted by Smithers View Post
    Well finally an oldschool event which I like hehe.
    Can you sign me in?! I will take part
    yay! Roger that and welcome to the event racer!

Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Alaina Bonnie Knight
    Society
    Titans of Space
    Images
    Still time to get registered before the weekend!

Young
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    amale suomipoika isildur
    Society
    Freelancer
    I've seen some Top Gear, so count me in!

-amale

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast