It's race time! Peds&Prizes + free entry!

Alainax

Elite
Bonnie
This isn't an ordinary race, this is LAND SEA AND AIR! You better be able to sail, fly and drive, as you will need it! We Will provide all vehicles, fuel and prizes, all you have to do is be there! No entry fee, just good fun!

First prize - 100ped plus full TT Quadwing interceptor
Second prize - 50 ped plus full TT Quadwing interceptor
Third Prize -25 ped plus full tt Sleipnir
Fourth prize - Full TT Sleipnir

Come be a part of the fun!

New Switzerland, 2130 ma time Saturday 23rd May 2020.

race_20route.jpg

Important! I will be streaming a run through of the route live on Friday 22nd May 2130ma time - https://www.twitch.tv/bonnieeu It is not compulsory viewing but I will be giving a good insight into the route, and some important tips!

The race!

You will begin on the bridge at New Switzerland. here you will board your speedboat and await the countdown and fire of the rocket launcher. You will speed off at full throttle around the twisty bends and shallow waters. Watch out! Argo about! These are swimming Argo, who will go after you and your boat, armour or running shoes are advised.

You will beach your boat either beside the Aircraft if you managed to get the boat that far, or you will have abandoned it in the ever shallowing waters and run for your life.

The Aircraft will all be lined up, gleaming in the sun, get in as fast as you can and take to the air as you speed towards the final stage. Chose wisely, too low and you will hit the trees, too high and you will lose precious seconds.

Landing at the race track you will see the race cars all lined up. Get in and race around the track as fast as those little wheels will take you.

The track is a big circle, you will be being followed by some aircraft who will be making sure that you are at least semi following the circle shape. You can cut small corners (try to stick closely, cheaters will be disqualified), but be warned, we have done this route many a time, and cut all the corners you can cut, most of them will slow you down. The terrain is rough out there, trees, logs, stumps, cliffs and rocks could end any chance you had at victory.

You will zoom around the track and veer off to the finish line, where the after party is waiting for you with the prizes.

Good Luck Racers!!!

Quick tip - JBK, myself and other Titans of space Starfleet are providing the vehicles. This means if you manage to flip the car or get stuck and you cant complete the race with the vehicle, Game over!!

This makes it interesting as you have to be fast.... but careful!!!

On the day I will be live streaming the whole event for anyone who can't make it or fancy a nosey! https://www.twitch.tv/bonnieeu

I have been so very lucky in received a load of great items and peds to give out free to the community, thank you to all of you who made this sort of fun possible :hug: :yay:

Registrations - Taken via this thread, discord, and facebook. ( I will add all names here). Please comment below.

Racers
  • Smithers
  • Risk24 Risk Risk24
  • amale suomipoika isildur
  • Enviro Larry Lagoono
  • Ugnius DraKill Timinskas
  • Elaina
  • Sincros
  • Theocles
  • DMC
  • Alexis
  • Don Roger EE
  • Hyperion
  • RatCat
  • Elizabeth Artemis Black
  • Zabadoodee Zab Xanthron
  • Cervus
  • Luke Dalas Cambridge
  • Frank HalfToasted Redhot
  • Ricardo Rick Sanchez

Last edited:
This isn't an ordinary race, this is LAND SEA AND AIR!

This brings back memories!
Way back in the day, different avatars, computers, connections, setups, whatever, had different speeds in the same vehicles - and I was slooow (also a slower swimmer than same agilities). So I flew a camera helicopter instead and the cameraman got some good footage of at least early on of the boats and in the air. Getting good side angles of the cars proved a lot more tricky, but it was great fun.
I wonder if top speeds are the same now for everyone after so many changes to the systems over the years...
I don't think I have the footage anymore (or the link).... maybe in the original after-event posts from whatever year it was?

This brings back memories!
Way back in the day, different avatars, computers, connections, setups, whatever, had different speeds in the same vehicles - and I was slooow (also a slower swimmer than same agilities). So I flew a camera helicopter instead and the cameraman got some good footage of at least early on of the boats and in the air. Getting good side angles of the cars proved a lot more tricky, but it was great fun.
I wonder if top speeds are the same now for everyone after so many changes to the systems over the years...
I don't think I have the footage anymore (or the link).... maybe in the original after-event posts from whatever year it was?

Well spotted! It's a recreation of the 2011/12 events that were just so much fun! I've checked all the original threads we have lost a lot of the youtube footage, but time to make some more! :yay:
(the map is original :D)

Hmm, very tempting. Thanks for the inspiration to get my butt in gear and make something of Atlas Island Day's 10 year anniversary. Going to do some scouting right now!

Well spotted! It's a recreation of the 2011/12 events that were just so much fun! I've checked all the original threads we have lost a lot of the youtube footage, but time to make some more! :yay:
(the map is original :D)

I did some of those early races (I might even have hosted one or two, I forget) and they were really fun, though I was very bad at doing them :D Nice to see something like this happening again.

Well finally an oldschool event which I like hehe.
Can you sign me in?! I will take part

Hmm, very tempting. Thanks for the inspiration to get my butt in gear and make something of Atlas Island Day's 10 year anniversary. Going to do some scouting right now!

Gl with it! I'll try to be there!

If there is anyone not after the peds for these races, bragging rights are also worth it :laugh:

I did some of those early races (I might even have hosted one or two, I forget) and they were really fun, though I was very bad at doing them :D Nice to see something like this happening again.

Yes! I always loved how this style of event created lasting memories for people about the game and entropians. I am so surprised so many recognised the format so fast after nearly a decade! Makes me think even more so that they were a nice memory :)

Well finally an oldschool event which I like hehe.
Can you sign me in?! I will take part
yay! :yay: Roger that and welcome to the event racer! :cool:

I've seen some Top Gear, so count me in!

-amale

The lag should make this very interesting. One second you're in the lead, 5 seconds later you're in a tree. :laugh:

Coooool - a great eventy thing!!!

Would live to take part, just gotta figure out what time is 21:30 MA time here hehe. Shall log in tomorow and work it out :)

Count me in! :yay:

I've seen some Top Gear, so count me in!

-amale
Awesome! :cool:

Welcome racer!
The lag should make this very interesting. One second you're in the lead, 5 seconds later you're in a tree. :laugh:
:laugh: all the more interesting!
Coooool - a great eventy thing!!!

Would live to take part, just gotta figure out what time is 21:30 MA time here hehe. Shall log in tomorow and work it out :)

Hope to see you there!
Count me in! :yay:

Yay! :yay:

Welcome racer!

What that guy said.
Ugnius DraKill Timinskas ingame
Brilliant! Welcome racer :cool:

Driver: Elaina
Navigator: Sincros
Support: Theocles

see you at the race :)

Wow this just got serious ;) Welcome racers!

More racers added to the list, still time to get added!

Even if you don't know if you can make it yet, best to get added early so we can sort out all the vehicles guest lists. :cool:

Prepare to lose. Cervus has entered the race.

Dalas reporting for duty :cool:

Please Register

Please Register me for the race:
Zabadoodee Zab Xanthron

aka: Bonzai

Bummer, I'll be at work :(
Looks super fun tho! Good luck everyone!

My schedule looks free for some shenanigans...sign me up! A new challenger has entered.

Ricardo Rick Sanchez

Had such a brilliant night, thank you to everyone who supported the event, and massive well done to the racers! Will definitely be holding another one again soon!

Our winners!
  1. dalas 1st
  2. ace 2nd
  3. drakill 3rd
  4. elizabeth 4th

Live unedited video ( feel free to skip through it to the best bits :D) Ill make some clips later :)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/629996519

Some pics of the event. Was very cool. :cool:

Have loads more, but too many to put here.

2.png

5.png

9.png

11.png

14.png

17.png

27.png

Last edited:
Back