Suggestion: How MA Can Stop Exploitation

Status

VandalHand

Guardian
Society
AO
VandalHand
Greetings,

So I figured MindArk might be unaware of some simple things they can be doing to stop the use of exploits within the game.

I took quite some time and sent a PM to MindArk via this forum, but have received no reply to it, so I have decided to make a public post in hopes of gaining traction on this topic with them.

The exploit I am referring to is the use of trigger bots within PvP.

Please note I redacted certain information from the PM I sent to prevent creating a bot based on information within the message.
There is more than enough information in the message unrestricted for my point to get across to the general public, while maintaining a certain censorship for those who may be more technically inclined reading.

See below for a heavily redacted version of the PM:
Ne00LdC.png

DceSo0S.png

Before a reply to this thread is posted, I ask that you take a minute to think logically and constructively prior.

Regards,
- VH

Yesterday i had seen some strange thing, i was thinking if the avatar is using some kind of aim bot or it was just a visual bug on my screen.

I was at the Feffoid pit, and the player next to me was shooting my back every time instead the mobs.
First i didnt cared about it, when its crowded, its happens the shoots made by avatars behind you "hit" your back, but they are shooting the bosses, it is just visual.
But after some time, it started to bother me, so moved a bit, to make way for his shoot's, but still hitting me.

I was like, ok, if it is that fun to shoot my back instead the boss, do it, but started to watch what is he doing, and as i moved, he was just still targeting me.
Than when peoples was running around, mostly when Gakklor was on, i have seen him changing targets based on movement and distance's, like when i went too far, during the autofire, he just did a perfect like 135 degree turn and the next shoot was hitting the other avatar.
Not a single miss, every shoot was hitting the harness of an avatar at the feff pit.
Sometimes nonstop 1 people, sometimes like 1-1-1 hit for 3 different, some shoot to the boss, than other avatar again.

Still not sure what was this, maybe a very bad connection player and his connection is caused a visual bug on my screen about his activity.
But IF this was an aimbot, it sure not just shooting when the cross is on a player, it was tracking the movement of the players, and it was changing targets, no way somebody can do 135 degree target change's with autofire on without missing a shoot.
If it was visual bug on my side, it was a very interesting one, i have seen some when peoples shooting the mobs and shoots goes 90 degree off, or to the sky instead of the mob, but avatar turning after players, changing targets and keep shooting their harness'es are new.

Anyway, Ludvig has this on his signature.
I do not handle support issues and will generally not answer forum private messages.
Maybe you should send that as support case.

Last edited:
Anyway, Ludvig has this on his signature.
I do not handle support issues and will generally not answer forum private messages.
Maybe you should send that as support case.

Thanks for pointing this out. I have forwarded the mail to other MA representatives on PCF since the time of making this thread.

I was hesitant to submit the support case due to not knowing who works for support. They could also play the game and rely upon such exploits existing, or abuse them and the case would be closed with no progress made.
Going public was the best route.
I'm not saying this would occur, but I would be naive to think this world is without corruption, or that all people "fly straight", I mean just look at Danny-O's situation.

Regards,
- VH

Thanks for pointing this out. I have forwarded the mail to other MA representatives on PCF since the time of making this thread.

I was hesitant to submit the support case due to not knowing who works for support. They could also play the game and rely upon such exploits existing, or abuse them and the case would be closed with no progress made.
I'm not saying this would occur, but I would be naive to think this world is without corruption, or that all people "fly straight", I mean just look at Danny-O's situation.

Regards,
- VH

I think you should do support case since that is saved in a type knowledge bank, and the
more that do support cases about same subject the higher priority a issue get,
not always the smartest logic but still a way to go.

When it comes to certain situation about not handling things correct within EU, its a bit
different between someone who could be seen as a volounteer and an employee.

Regards,
- VH

Giving this a free bump as it's important we keep fighting these anti sportsmanship tactics!

Same principle can be applied to other professions and activities in the game... But I won't digress from the topic or this will derail and get locked like all the recent derailed threads.

Would like to end this post saying that it's sad when players are afraid of submitting support tickets thinking that the employees might take advantage of them, says alot about the current integrity of the company (MindArk in this case), which doesn't even adress their player base or "customers" properly for quite some time now. I have been told this a swedish cultural thing, however knowing the employees of MindArk are not all swedish... I wonder if it's actual Company policy to just not mingle with the crowds.

Guess we will never know :) (HIRE ME - ILL BEQUIETKKBYE)

You have made multiple posts and threads on this issue, as well as sending me and Ludvig|MindArk private messages calling for action.

MindArk representatives, including Ludvig|MindArk, do not handle support issues sent via forum thread or private message here on PCF. This is a community discussion forum, not a support website.

If you believe someone is violating the EULA, you should submit a support case on the official Entropia Universe website.

:locked:

Status
Back