Bridge of Doom PvP Event (concept testing)

Dalas

Prowler
Society
Death Unlimited
Luke Dalas Cambridge
Gathering people for more testing of my new event concept: The Bridge of Doom.

Next event test will take place on Sunday the 24th of May at 19:00 MA time at New Oxford TP. [Calypso, 33730, 47700, 119, Waypoint]

Concept:

Newbies start at one end of the bridge and try to run to the other side while being blown up by multiple Skildek Lancehead (L). Healing, buffs and armour are NOT allowed. The first one to reach the apartment buildings on the other side, wins.

Here's a highlight from our testing with limited numbers of people. Imagine this with 10x more people!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/628024229

If you're interested in joining, shoot me a PM here or ingame (Luke Dalas Cambridge). I'll supply shooters with Lanceheads + ammo if they don't have it.

Cool concept. If I am around, count me in to shoot some Lanceheads at noobs :laugh:

Looks awesome! Count me in! :cool:

Ahhh....

That reminds me of the MA 'backed' events back in... I want to say 2010? 11? with the special colonist jumpsuits. I fondly remember being killed over and over on that bridge :)

Thumbs up for trying to bring fun events back in Eu :yay:

I'll trow sweat bottles at the noobs and laugh like a thin woman who wants to make a coat out of puppies ;)

Obligatory Bridge of Death scene. Too bad we don't have a Gorge of Eternal Peril for this.

I couldn't beat Monty Python but if 50 players all make a run at once it could look something like the above!

Fun event, I hope you get a good number dodge skillers like we used to have in the olden days. :thumbup:

hehe good initiati :) it reminds me the pvp race in old rules Entrolympics

Thanks for the interest guys! Tell your friends and Disciples! Perhaps we can gather a load of people on sunday for a good test :) During the test, we'll determine how an event will work here. I want to add my own personal spin on it, with help from testers.

Come and blast tonight at 19:00 MA time!

We need as many hands and noobs as we can get!

Come along for some fun, Rocket Launcher crew are taking positions now!!

:launcher:

Really good fun at the concept testing, looking forward to seeing the main event when its live :)

Really good fun at the concept testing, looking forward to seeing the main event when its live :)

Shame you had to ruin a fun event with your past 'Tax Collector' behaviour. Some of us Remember the 'old' Alainax Scotia.

I knew it was a risk to have you as a member in a team, you did exactly what I thought you'd do. Pathetic.

You've not changed, you just found another victim. Not for the first time.... ;)

deadshot.gif

Next time, you die.

Shame you had to ruin a fun event with your past 'Tax Collector' behaviour. Some of us Remember the 'old' Alainax Scotia.

I knew it was a risk to have you as a member in a team, you did exactly what I thought you'd do. Pathetic.

You've not changed, you just found another victim. Not for the first time.... ;)

deadshot.gif

Next time, you die.

Wow, dramatic much! I know you have your personal vendettas, but there is no need to carry that across to this cool event :) Bloody great job here was done by the OP in making something fun and exciting, no need to make this all about you :)

Now chill, and try to enjoy the game and what others put the effort into create, without the massive chip on the shoulder.

Whole concept testing event live for all to see here - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/630834293

no need to make this all about you :)

That's the funniest thing you could ever say. As anyone who reads the unofficial discord chat would know.

Thanks for joining everyone who came! I learned a lot and am ready to move on to the next stage.

Right after everyone left, we continued testing a little and discovered a few things:

• HP Cap 100.
  • 2 runners at a time.
  • Sollomate Rubio will be legal to use.
  • Ratio is 1 runner VS 2 Rubio + 1 Lancehead (assuming multiplying this will work).

Things yet to be tested are:

• HP Cap scaling? More/bigger shooters for higher HP guys?
  • Difficulty levels and how to realise this? Solo runs/more runners/bigger shooters etc...
  • Use of vehicles: For runners to hide behind, for shooters to shoot from?
  • Possible "boss" in middle or end of bridge?

Testing will continue and an epic event concept will emerge! Feel free to discuss any of these points, and suggest new ones in this thread!

I'm already in contact with the owner of PA Mall about a possible Mall PvP Gauntlet event where runners will attempt to run from the entrance, through the mall and up to the TP on the roof. More to come on this soon.

deadshot.gif

Next time, you die.

Mega, chill. Bonnie went a bit mental on the bridge, yes, but if you've watched her stream you'll know what kind of attitude she did it with. It's all about the fun and creating a bit of chaos. She was about to leave, so I guess she just wanted to leave with a bang. All good, no harm done.

I even took a potshot at her back when she left. Had her down to a couple of HP, could've popped her again, but chose not to :D

Mega, chill. Bonnie went a bit mental on the bridge, yes, but if you've watched her stream you'll know what kind of attitude she did it with. It's all about the fun and creating a bit of chaos. She was about to leave, so I guess she just wanted to leave with a bang. All good, no harm done.

I even took a potshot at her back when she left. Had her down to a couple of HP, could've popped her again, but chose not to :D

I'm chilled (dont worry) I've had to deal with more :censored: in this game than you would think possible.

It was a concept test, testing was completed and what we discovered is, we need someone with a sniper rilfe to shoot the :censored:. Hi Bonnie! :wave:

Maybe I'll get an achievement or three. We'll see next time.

Would have been deserved :laugh: Really fun event Dalas, thank you for giving us a teaser into what's to come, very much looking forward to it! :cool:

Was a fun event - love the name bridge of doom :D
Lets keep it fun and at the bridge, it wasnt the forum of doom or the pc corner of fluffy doom - it was about carnage, slaughter and fun - certainly got all that ;)

Was a fun event - love the name bridge of doom :D
Lets keep it fun and at the bridge, it wasnt the forum of doom or the pc corner of fluffy doom - it was about carnage, slaughter and fun - certainly got all that ;)

Why dont you go back to your bot program on Monria and take your wife with you?

Why dont you go back to your bot program on Monria and take your wife with you?

your 'snipes' are so old and pointless, no idea why you for years keep trying to have a beef with me on the forums - is it 3 or 4 times that you got temp bans cause you couldnt stop ? ;)

Lets please stay ontopic of doom :cool:

your 'snipes' are so old and pointless, no idea why you for years keep trying to have a beef with me on the forums - is it 3 or 4 times that you got temp bans cause you couldnt stop ? ;)

Lets please stay ontopic of doom :cool:

One thing is correct you are the biggest crybaby in Entropia. Hitting report post all the time. Serica banned me once, she's gone. Rightly so.

I just say it how it is, its called playing it straight and telling the truth. Not a crime in my country.

And you didn't deny the bot program. How could you? We all know about it. Anyway, it is Dalas event, if he wants you there, you are there.

I'll be wherever.

One thing is correct you are the biggest crybaby in Entropia. Hitting report post all the time. Serica banned me once, she's gone. Rightly so.

I just say it how it is, its called playing it straight and telling the truth. Not a crime in my country.

And you didn't deny the bot program. How could you? We all know about it. Anyway, it is Dalas event, if he wants you there, you are there.

I'll be wherever.

I have never ran a bot in any game i ever played. And im certainly not running around 'crying' about others running bot programs or having 'issues' they cant resolve in private. In my country accusing others without proof is called slander or defamation - but maybe its different in yours ;)

I guess i will leave it at that and to Dalas wether he wants to report posts to get removed for derailing :cool:

I have never ran a bot in any game i ever played. And im certainly not running around 'crying' about others running bot programs or having 'issues' they cant resolve in private. In my country accusing others without proof is called slander or defamation - but maybe its different in yours ;)

I guess i will leave it at that and to Dalas wether he wants to report posts to get removed for derailing :cool:

I think we know who hits the report post button around here, and it sure isn't Dalas.

However, you do what you do, and I'll do what I do. Leave it at that.

Back