Change Calypso Space Port In to Athena (read details)

Status
I will forward this thread to the dev team as feedback, and to look into the problems mentioned in the thread.

Couple of questions: is it true you cannot travel anywhere except space and back from MA mall roof? Surely the no-fly zone never fully surrounded the mall!!! I'm sure I used to fly off north or east (not much point in south unless it's new ATC rules ;) )
Are there weaps that reach as far as the quad spawning point? Is the main problem taking tt damage to vehicles?

Any yes, I've always been a fan of Athena!

I will forward this thread to the dev team as feedback, and to look into the problems mentioned in the thread.

I hope this is changed, the default landing place on planets should never be player owned property.

Thanks !

Couple of questions: is it true you cannot travel anywhere except space and back from MA mall roof? Surely the no-fly zone never fully surrounded the mall!!! I'm sure I used to fly off north or east (not much point in south unless it's new ATC rules ;) )
Are there weaps that reach as far as the quad spawning point? Is the main problem taking tt damage to vehicles?

Any yes, I've always been a fan of Athena!

I have had issues with the area in general aswell, because it's surroundings are so restrictive and the randomness is bigger than the restriction, so every few landings i get forced ejected from the pilot seat and die aswell as the passenger, because the ship spawns "out of bounds" and into non vehicle space... :lolup: A nuisance, but could be fixed quick

Another option of landing on the planet: Why not give players in the zone down message window from space instead of a checkbox a combo box to choose the prefered landing destination ?
You could have one highlighted as recommended landing destination but give several other options and just enter the players vehicle in that place instead.
Options could be: Athena Spaceport, Port Atlantis Mall, Twin Peaks Mall, Emerald Lakes Mall, New Oxford, Genesis Amethera Headquarters, etc.

This could be the case for all planet partners too, allow players to choose.
Added benefit would be that on a high traffic day you dont get 20 quads stuck inside each other over a landing destination because people will land in different place and spread out the load over multiple servers of that planet.
Also incase of events or heavy load on the entry server, it would be awesome if a player comming to the planet could choose a less busy server.

What a shitty design issue. Same problem when players control the major trade channels they can mute competition they don't like. (happened to me for both calytrade and trade)

MA needs to step up in critical areas like that and not allow players to mess with those primary systems. I never thought you could be muted in trade channels nor thought PVP could be flagged by players at the landing zone to the planet.

Just bad design that will no doubt end up losing players, and likely already did.

Since we talking about PA mall landings....perhaps they could look into the landings where I exit vehicle and end up in the apartment below.

If you do leave it at PA Mall as default landing zone MAKE THE DARN top floor of the ROOF BIGGER... Silly stupid that that one spot down a floor doesn't have a tp on it but you sometimes land directly there... especially with the big 'invisible wall' there that won't let you walk to certain spots on that floor.

I am always looking for Spartacus pieces and look in mall shops and tiny apartment shops all time. This, however, will keep me away from shopping at PA mall. I am spending ped, why would I want to die while shopping?

Side note: I spend most of my time at Athena as well due to the gorgeous scenery and everything I need is there.

I completely agree with this... great suggestion. I’ve always thought it was a little silly to land on the roof of a mall honestly. Especially now...

Sorry to all the PA shop owners :/... I’d be pretty pissed if my new landlord was doing this. Grow up man seriously.

I vote for athena as well

extremely well done graphics/models that are unused. PA is a lame spot, can't take vehicles anywhere else, and the owner of PA mall(whoever it is) is a complete shit bag and lost those marketing privileges/bonuses. Shop owners should have seen this activity and started selling their shops. It's their loss but PA mall as the space port makes zero sense for several reasons despite being completely unfriendly to the lore of calypso.

Athena would make sense, but on the other hand it's a little big and complex as a map since you have so many cliffs you can fall off of, etc. It used to be a golf course at one point in time... and eos down the hill used to be neat little place to hunt foul when the water didn't auto drown them...

If they can make TP to all of the malls and cities with shops in them, including but not limited to Omegaton West habitat and Emerald Lakes auto discovered at time of entry, and accessible from athena tp, sure, do it.

Athena would make sense, but on the other hand it's a little big and complex as a map since you have so many cliffs you can fall off of, etc. It used to be a golf course at one point in time... and eos down the hill used to be neat little place to hunt foul when the water didn't auto drown them...

If they can make TP to all of the malls and cities with shops in them, including but not limited to Omegaton West habitat and Emerald Lakes auto discovered at time of entry, and accessible from athena tp, sure, do it.

Do they do this on other planets? Cause not all of them drop you at the "entry area"

Besides, players who fly in space dont necessarily start in space... it's totally unrelated to the new player experience.

That golf course was ok, but wasn't it East Scylla Mountain?

Athena would make a great 'space arrivals' place, could maybe eventually have an NPC for space missions (we live in hope).

There are near empty buildings there that could maybe have stalls like in an indoor market

The lag that used to be really bad at Athens due to all the running water etc, was resolved when the new graphics were introduced, so now it really is time it was allowed to live up to its name

Athena would make a great 'space arrivals' place, could maybe eventually have an NPC for space missions (we live in hope).

There are near empty buildings there that could maybe have stalls like in an indoor market

The lag that used to be really bad at Athens due to all the running water etc, was resolved when the new graphics were introduced, so now it really is time it was allowed to live up to its name

Isn't the virtual reality center or something there at the spaceport too?

Have always thought Athena Space Port should be the Space landing zone.
The name is suitable and it is the closest place to take off to space from.
With the new PA Mall owner exploiting the pvp function to grief people, gives only more reason.
I like the idea of space mission NPCs being there as well.
MA please make it so.:yay:

That golf course was ok, but wasn't it East Scylla Mountain?

0cd80-golftown.jpg

yes i always figure space port is where to take off from. the veiw is spectacular. where is the CONTINUITY GUY.

Calypso has a spaceport. It makes no sense to have everyone land at the PA Mall on my opinion. Especially considering it is private property.

:smoke:

I'm a bit confused, don't you enter from space just above to city and can land where you want after that? Or have they change something since I last was landing on the planet?

I'm a bit confused, don't you enter from space just above to city and can land where you want after that? Or have they change something since I last was landing on the planet?

It's still that way, but most avatars logically you know, try to land at the nearest tp, which just happens to be directly below on top of the mall.

Athena Space port make much more sense as the entry point from space for Caly. It's got my vote!

Thanks Ben Dover for getting everyone to take a look at this!

why have landing pads? if you not gonna use them i need spaces just like those for my legal marijuana plantation. is there any way we can negotiate a deal? maybe i can use them until your programmers decide to have space traffic land there? there could be copious amounts of ganja for you since no one is buying the llegal stuff anyhow. at least not in canada

Wasn't very active lately and I'm surprised to read that! Shooting at ships when landing????
First of all there was illogic from MA to move landing point on a private mall/land at first place!
Athena spaceport I believe was designed for that purpose! But who designed and what was thinking at that time is a mystery after all :)
MA - devs please move landing point to Athena Spaceport that everyone wants!

Status
Back