Size caps for rare ores/enmatters

Steinmeyer

Guardian
Society
Freelancer
Lord Vondur Steinmeyer
Has anyone mapped this out, how it works? Around when I quit playing in 2013 I noticed I couldnt get some rares anymore unless unamped. Is this still the case?

I.e. Is it 0% to find redulite with a lvl 13 amp?
How about "semi-rares" like Iolite or dianthus, are they harder to find with big amps? Even if controlling for hitrate it feels like it would be easier to get a tower with Nexus than it would with Typo or Alice even.

I've always hated the idea of capping sizes for rares in that way and thus punishing people who take bigger risks.

Still the case. Worse now.

Crap...

One of my favorite mining memories although Ive had higher value hits was a 55'ish ped XIII dunkel that I sold for around 4k iirc. I put real effort into that place and I dont think many knew it. It felt like such an achievement compared to just finding 4k oil or something.

Generally, the "caps" have gotten better than say 5 years ago. It used to be you couldn't hit dianthus or devil's tail amped above say level 5. There's really no problem getting most resources now in terms of amping, but unfortunately for ones like gold or vesperdite, there's too much of it out there to sustain high MU.

If you didn't see it, people were hitting redulite on level 13s constantly back during the redulite "wave". Redulite can definitely be amped lvl5 or d-class nowadays though.

One of the prevailing theories is that there isn't really a cap, but that only so much of a rarer resource is added to a server, planet, whatever, over a given amount of time to be available in the loot pool. That can create the appearance of a cap though. That means you theoretically could hit a tridenite global on a lvl13, but it would be much harder to get that compared getting a single stone claim unamped.

However it actually works though, there are some ores (and I assume dunkel as the exclusion in enmatter) that are next to impossible to get amped. If you're mapping an area, it's often best to get unamped first to see what rares show up, and then you'll get a feel as you amp the area as to what works best.

Does it not occur to anyone that wanting an unrestrained flood of rares is inconsequential?

Thanks guys. No, I missed the redu-rain.

Ofcourse it needs to be restrained, I just dont like the idea of completely removing it for ppl using bigger amps if that would be the case.

Isn't this in a way same as in hunting, that if you want maxed result in loot ( not TT value)
you need to do the math and find perfect combo to get maxed values?
I.e as in hunting you just can't smack on max power and hope for the best, you need to
find what value the target require to max out the chances to get it? No garantuee though
that we get it... :silly2:

Im grinding away at Arkadia Moon atm and I think Im noticing some kind of "soft cap".

When using lvl 5's Im getting much more Alice, Garc, Duru, Terrudite, Platinum and when switching to D-class I think Im getting more Lyst, Melchi, Force.

Small samplesize so far but could this be a thing?

Im grinding away at Arkadia Moon atm and I think Im noticing some kind of "soft cap".When using lvl 5's Im getting much more Alice, Garc, Duru, Terrudite, Platinum and when switching to D-class I think Im getting more Lyst, Melchi, Force. Small samplesize so far but could this be a thing?
Don't really know about the example you give, but i do know there is a cap on claim size (with maybe very very little chance to break that cap, like Dub's Ruga tower). There are rares that I can find with amp up to 103, higher amp I won't find that anymore.

Im grinding away at Arkadia Moon atm and I think Im noticing some kind of "soft cap".

When using lvl 5's Im getting much more Alice, Garc, Duru, Terrudite, Platinum and when switching to D-class I think Im getting more Lyst, Melchi, Force.

Small samplesize so far but could this be a thing?

when i was on the moon i got the same results, it's more cap/hour or cap/day based though it seems. if there's not enough gazz to be paid out on a dclass (60-80p) then you won't hit it in a single claim.

Back