PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Tomi jupiajo Digital
    Images

Multiplier after changing amp to smaller one

So what do you think happens? Is there better chance of multiplier after you change amp to smaller one?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Sean Rocket Connors
    Society
    Apocalyptic
    of course...

resource caps...

imo higher chance of larger multi w/ smaller amps but lower chance of smaller multis.

i have data on this actually.

Edit: i don't really understand what was wrong with the mining TT system in 2010-2014 before "claim size V" and then "kickback central" that prompted all of these changes by mindark. i do believe average TT is higher now, but only if you mine complete dogshit which tells me there's a huge huge issue with resource caps right now and lack of material consumption.

So i'd expect either a mining overhaul (more likely, and hello shrapnel on foma!) or a crafting revamp, yet again, to deal with recycle gambling (never gonna happen with all revenue those gamblers provide)
    Last edited by Rocket192; 05-23-2020 at 21:31.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Tomi jupiajo Digital
    Images
    Hah, I may have a bias in looking at data like this. Runs with bigger amps were shorter, so less chance of a multi.

And the problems of caps. I think this is "new normal", demand is less so MA artificially cuts supply and raises the price so mining seems atracctive at surface. Miners try to comepensate but ofc getting those ores means more tt loss. I don't see easy solution to this. At this stage of game development it's hard to create optimism which I belive is core component.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Sean Rocket Connors
    Society
    Apocalyptic
    Quote Originally Posted by jupiajo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At this stage of game development it's hard to create optimism which I belive is core component.
    i agree.. since loot 2.0 the goal appears to be to completely prevent success against the system. however i thikn those with the knowledge/skills should be able to "succeed" but the system seems to bottleneck knowledge/skill to create a very level field.

the game is not fun enough to grind forever without a prospect of success... for hunters loot 1.0 was nice because it showed that if you skilled up and got an efficient enough setup you could succeed. now it appears to be zero-sum.

to keep it more on topic... i don't believe there's a substantial difference. there's some mechanism that kicks a global or two back if your return is too low, but overall i think it's just a matter of what numbers you roll when you drop a probe and find a claim. Been seeing a lot of small amp players hit big towers again, so amps likely just add to cycle speed imo.
    Last edited by Rocket192; 05-23-2020 at 23:01.

Quote Originally Posted by jupiajo View Post
    At this stage of game development it's hard to create optimism which I belive is core component.
    yep... unfortunately.. in Loot 1.0 you got rather high TT-return. All you had to figure out was when and how to get the good MU stuff at rather low cost.

Now it seems more like, the more MU you get, the lower your TT-return is gonna be. Good game knowledge and getting good MU is getting punished...
    the payback hof is a lie

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Inherent Marxus Legends
    Society
    Dirty Dingos
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket192 View Post
    to keep it more on topic... i don't believe there's a substantial difference. there's some mechanism that kicks a global or two back if your return is too low, ...
    I'm not too sure about that, I've had periods of 10 hours or more with just crap returns and no globals at all.

I understand that it does appear to feel that way but if it did, it would essentially mean that personal loot pools exist and MindArk has stated more than once that they do not.
    Complete Armor Guide <--- Find out everything there is to know about Armor
    My Armor Shops at Twin Peaks mall, 2nd floor: Mayhem Armor Shop, Robot Armor Shop, Animal Armor Shop
    Rent an Armor set: Legends' Unlimited Armor Rentals

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Sean Rocket Connors
    Society
    Apocalyptic
    Quote Originally Posted by Legends View Post
    I'm not too sure about that, I've had periods of 10 hours or more with just crap returns and no globals at all.

I understand that it does appear to feel that way but if it did, it would essentially mean that personal loot pools exist and MindArk has stated more than once that they do not.

i get more globals when i'm hitting well

but..... i've also had runs with 21-22% hit rate that would have been sub-50% tt without a few shitty globals.

Old
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Einar Lee Yap
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket192 View Post
    i get more globals when i'm hitting well

but..... i've also had runs with 21-22% hit rate that would have been sub-50% tt without a few shitty globals.
    he said runs and shity

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Tony KingofAces Hans
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Adjusted Einar View Post
    he said runs and shity
    It is that time of year (northern hemisphere) when beaver fever cases really start popping up again. At least there aren't diseases in-game.