Rejoice Miners! Markups finally going up!!

Mining is superb now, prices are good, tt return is excellent. I can see many returning players, and urge those not playing to log in and try mining.

Just look at these results, look at it!

adnotacja_2020-05-26_183510.jpg

lol wait is this your returns on an inverted chart?

mine looks way too similar.

You gotta pick:
1) Remove EP4 => Most resources will go up, while cap is removed and wave too is gone.
2) Keep EP4 => But add wave/cap to increase MU on some of the wanted resources.

If you have other suggestion to increase MU, let me know. I think it is healthy to change such from time to time. We know this wont last for ever. So those with big bags can sell waiting for a new cap to refill :laugh:

1) no i literally just want 92-95% TT return over, say, 30,000 looting events (approx 100k single drops, or ~600k TT input for me)

2) yeah then crafters take that markup input, craft it into more markup input, then sell that input to miners, other crafters, and, god forbid, hunters who then take their loot and sell it back creating a prepetually inflationary economy (weird that's how the real world works as well)

3) i have never, ever, bitched about markups being too low... i've complained about overmining of a few subsets of areas due to MA's poor balancing elsewhere.

EDIT: players with the skills, equipment, knowledge, and bakroll should be making money hand over fist, otherwise there's zero progression and the game dies.

if Messi came here tomorrow, said he was selling out and couldn't make money in EU anymore, the entire playerbase activity would drop at least 10% overnight. MINIMUM. in loot 1.0 for hunters, there was a clear dpp threshold to cross where you could actually make some ped hunting... gear was limited so it worked.. the idea was to skill up and invest and then you could make money. That idea is largely gone in hunting.

Sorry Rocket if I was unnecessarily harsh to you or unfair, I'm just trying to understand how it is that you can't even say 1 good thing about this...

Listening to you it sounds like this makes no difference whatsoever. How is that even possible??

I don't mine but I do hunt and craft and I know from my own experience that mu is a huge factor when it comes to either losing or profiting. Any scenario in Entropia where a player can turn a negative balance sheet to a positive one is a good thing in my books, it means the player is skilling for free and still getting a chance at a jackpot without having to pay to roll the dice.

The campaign you are actively running in this forum about mining being 'f*cked' and not worth your time right now reminds me a lot of the campaign that Alukat is running about crafting. The thing I see in common between the 2 of you is that you seem to have this 'know best' attitude about your profession, due to how many drops you have in mining or how many clicks Alukat has in crafting. You can't learn anything new about it now because you think you already know everything there is to know about it. And yet things are evolving and changing all the time. All this 'know best' attitude is going to do for you is cause you to get left behind because you can't adapt to new scenarios and new dynamics.

A lot of hunters quit the game after Loot 2.0 was introduced and that's exactly what happened there, hunters who had figured out a way to become profitable in their profession thought they 'knew best' about hunting and 'refused' to learn a new system. Turns out now it's quite easy to profit in hunting if you are willing to invest in a high-efficiency weapon. Messi didn't have this 'know best' attitude, he was able to learn and adapt to new circumstances.

I don't mean to be harsh to you, I just don't agree at all with the campaign you are running that's all. Same with Alukat and he knows I disagree with him as well.

Please, at least find 1 good thing to say about all these resources' mu having gone up 10% or more in the last 12 months

Legends

Last edited:
Sorry Rocket if I was unnecessarily harsh to you or unfair, I'm just trying to understand how it is that you can't even say 1 good thing about this...

Listening to you it sounds like this makes no difference whatsoever. How is that even possible??

I don't mine but I do hunt and craft and I know from my own experience that mu is a huge factor when it comes to either losing or profiting. Any scenario in Entropia where a player can turn a negative balance sheet to a positive one is a good thing in my books, it means the player is skilling for free and still getting a chance at a jackpot without having to pay to roll the dice.

The campaign you are actively running in this forum about mining being 'f*cked' and not worth your time right now reminds me a lot of the campaign that Alukat is running about crafting. The thing I see in common between the 2 of you is that you seem to have this 'know best' attitude about your profession, due to how many drops you have in mining or how many clicks Alukat has in crafting. You can't learn anything new about it now because you think you already know everything there is to know about it. And yet things are evolving and changing all the time. All this 'know best' attitude is going to do for you is cause you to get left behind because you can't adapt to new scenarios and new dynamics.

A lot of hunters quit the game after Loot 2.0 was introduced and that's exactly what happened there, hunters who had figured out a way to become profitable in their profession thought they 'knew best' about hunting and 'refused' to learn a new system. Turns out now it's quite easy to profit in hunting if you are willing to invest in a high-efficiency weapon. Messi didn't have this 'know best' attitude, he was able to learn and adapt.

I don't mean to be harsh to you, I just don't agree at all with the campaign you are running that's all. Same with Alukat and he knows I disagree with him as well.

Please, at least find 1 good thing to say about these resources having gone up 10% in the last 12 months, please...

Legends

what he says is that the more MU you get the lower the TT you get.
example: MU is 105% and you can get 90% tt return easily. -> safely losing

example 2: MU got changed and is now 115% but in the same turn the TT return got adjusted so you only get 80% tt return now which means -> still safely losing but both end up about the same return after MU in the end. so it looks better cos MU is higher but in the end there is no change at all.

what he says is that the more MU you get the lower the TT you get.
example: MU is 105% and you can get 90% tt return easily. -> safely losing

example 2: MU got changed and is now 115% but in the same turn the TT return got adjusted so you only get 80% tt return now which means -> still safely losing but both end up about the same return after MU in the end. so it looks better cos MU is higher but in the end there is no change at all.

I know what he's saying GxB, I'm not an idiot, I'm actually very good at math..

Do you understand what I'm saying?

The only person that actually seems to understand or see what I'm seeing is kingofaces

I only update my current auction prices about once a week (been pokey lately with spring and all), but I noticed the same thing in my shop. I couldn't figure out why Garcen was going so quickly until checking.

In terms of my MU maps, there are actually a lot more areas lighting up as ideal to mine now with the MU shifts and quite a few more than are worth really amping up on.

if Messi came here tomorrow, said he was selling out and couldn't make money in EU anymore, the entire playerbase activity would drop at least 10% overnight. MINIMUM. in loot 1.0 for hunters, there was a clear dpp threshold to cross where you could actually make some ped hunting... gear was limited so it worked.. the idea was to skill up and invest and then you could make money. That idea is largely gone in hunting.

Isn't Messi hunting pretty much with only UL items?

so messi leaving may just lead to an MU increase as he no longer would pump the market full with materials while using non himself...

I highly doubt Messi is making up 10% of the EU's entire activity.

other than that, yeah, it shouldn't take a 6 digit figure of drops to get above 90% TT-return...

Last edited:

no i mine plenty.

current system is just boring. you go out, mine, if you get markup stuff you get 85-90% TT and if you go for some trash you get about 95% and the only spot worth spending your time without a guaranteed negative expectancy is ashi, or grinding alt on RT

i just think that when AM tweaked the variance parameters they killed a lot of the fun of mining (the towers) even if the overall TT is about the same.

Resources in general go down because it's easier to achieve a higher short-term TT return (prior to 9/2019 you'd get about 75-81% TT without 300x+ multipliers)

we saw the same thing in 2014 when "claim size V" was introduced and players hated it so bad that they formed a petition here and MA reverted it to the 300x system in early 2015 and kept that system until 9/2019... i'm fine with changes, but i don't like being bored.

Mate, you're having a major fallacy in this post, you're assuming you'd be the only one trying to figure out how the new system works and that we would refuse to do so...
Why we have the know best attidute in our profession may be, because we clocked a shit ton of drops/clicks which gave us plenty of amount to try different things to figure out how the system works and how it plays out.
You can't just do 100-1000 drops/clicks, get lucky and then claim you would know exactly how the system works...

Also we stick to a single profession, so we can rule out some cross-profession shenanigans going on on the platform side...

no i mine plenty.
current system is just boring. you go out, mine, if you get markup stuff you get 85-90% TT and if you go for some trash you get about 95% and the only spot worth spending your time without a guaranteed negative expectancy is ashi, or grinding alt on RT

Learning about how interesting the mining system is helps a lot. That's partly why testing is fun to see what works best so I don't need to complain when I notice returns doing a particular action aren't worth it. There's an old saying among us statisticians and modelers, "Garbage in, garbage out". Someone could cycle millions of ped or do a lot of clicks, but if they aren't gathering the right data or doing the right analyses, it's no better than cycling 100 ped.

Legends does have a valid concern where people may be tempted to be locked in to their habits just because of high cycling. I've talked in quite a few of my posts on why we use good experimental design and sampling statistics because it's so easy for someone to develop their own theories based on trends they think they see only for those assumptions to come back and bite them (i.e., leaning on PED cycled as a crutch). That's the kind of thing us research scientists are actually trained to spot in peer-review, which is why I've thrown up caution on some of the surety that has come up in recent threads. These forums are no scientific journal, so I take it easy on folks typically, but someone saying mining is "shit" right now still has some learning to do if they're actually interested in exploring the game.

There are plenty of areas on Caly I could at least break even on right now with ~90% TT, and there are plenty of good MU spots that aren't overmined that result in low hit rates. Limited time to actively play nowadays is the only thing keeping me from mining more. If I wanted more Pyrite, I'd just stay away from Ashi and go to other places that have plenty. If someone is getting only 85% TT long-term, I know a few ways from my own testing I could lower my own TT to roughly match that amount outside of location dependent things like overmined areas. I'm still at about 95% TT, 110% avg. MU on the most recent "run" I started the middle of this month without any big multipliers, so mining seems to be working better for me than a few years ago at least. I've been floating around in the 95-100% TT range for well over a year now, so these markup changes welcome.

I'm still at about 95% TT, 110% avg. MU on the most recent "run" I started the middle of this month without any big multipliers,

fucking boringgggggggggggggggggggggggg

Learning about how interesting the mining system is helps a lot. That's partly why testing is fun to see what works best so I don't need to complain when I notice returns doing a particular action aren't worth it. There's an old saying among us statisticians and modelers, "Garbage in, garbage out". Someone could cycle millions of ped or do a lot of clicks, but if they aren't gathering the right data or doing the right analyses, it's no better than cycling 100 ped.

Legends does have a valid concern where people may be tempted to be locked in to their habits just because of high cycling. I've talked in quite a few of my posts on why we use good experimental design and sampling statistics because it's so easy for someone to develop their own theories based on trends they think they see only for those assumptions to come back and bite them (i.e., leaning on PED cycled as a crutch). That's the kind of thing us research scientists are actually trained to spot in peer-review, which is why I've thrown up caution on some of the surety that has come up in recent threads. These forums are no scientific journal, so I take it easy on folks typically, but someone saying mining is "shit" right now still has some learning to do if they're actually interested in exploring the game.

There are plenty of areas on Caly I could at least break even on right now with ~90% TT, and there are plenty of good MU spots that aren't overmined that result in low hit rates. Limited time to actively play nowadays is the only thing keeping me from mining more. If I wanted more Pyrite, I'd just stay away from Ashi and go to other places that have plenty. If someone is getting only 85% TT long-term, I know a few ways from my own testing I could lower my own TT to roughly match that amount outside of location dependent things like overmined areas. I'm still at about 95% TT, 110% avg. MU on the most recent "run" I started the middle of this month without any big multipliers, so mining seems to be working better for me than a few years ago at least. I've been floating around in the 95-100% TT range for well over a year now, so these markup changes welcome.

1.) you're not the only one understanding statistics.
2.) you can't draw conclusions for the future based on the past, for all we know you may have the bad streak, we're in, still ahead of you. As a statistician/modeler you should know that.
3.) you did get multiers/globals/hofs over the past 2 weeks?

Back