Rejoice Miners! Markups finally going up!!

Legends

Elite
Society
Dirty Dingos
Inherent Marxus Legends
Approximately 10% higher year-over-year:

iron.jpg

magerian.jpg

garcen.jpg

erdorium.jpg

durulium.jpg

belkar.jpg

alicenies.jpg

Much, much MUCH higher then 12 months ago:

fire_root.jpg

alferix.jpg

pyrite.jpg

These graphs are all over a 12 month period and although resources are always up and down, it's clear to see that there is a definite upward trend here.

That is no small feat and I'm actually quite impressed. Good job MA! :)

id be careful in congratulating MA for that. most likely many miners just stopped mining so there is less supply which naturally increases price. but maybe that was MAs intention all along?
and to be honest, one dedicated miner can get all of that right back down easily

List of ingots that showed reverse dynamic (Mu now is lower that 1 year ago)
- Adomasite
- Azzurdite
- Banite
- Ganganite
- Gold
- Lidacon
- Lysterium
- Narcanisum
- Vesperdite
- Zinc
So probably too early to rejoice

List of ingots that showed reverse dynamic (Mu now is lower that 1 year ago)
- Adomasite
- Azzurdite
- Banite
- Ganganite
- Gold
- Lidacon
- Lysterium
- Narcanisum
- Vesperdite
- Zinc
So probably too early to rejoice

Very poorly crafted argument against rejoicing...

First of all you seem to want to imply that this is a zero-sum outcome for miners because other resources have lost mu which results in no appreciable difference to miners' bottom line. This is completely erroneous for 2 reasons:

1. The volumes in PED traded are completely different. The amount of Belkar or Alicenies traded in PED everyday is just not the same as say Banite, Adomasite or Lidacon. So a 10% mu loss on those is not as significant or important as a 10% gain on Belkar and never will be.

2. A lot of these resources you listed are just flat meaning they are selling at about the same price as they did a year ago.

If you insist on being a glass half empty kind of guy there isn't really anything I can do about it... I on the other hand see this as a positive for miners.

Legends

Last edited:
Obvious trends in original post: materials used by The Daily Crafter and in making enhancers are up.

All of these resources had drop rates adjusted and/or someone is hoarding. Mage is up only due to shinook being a lyst/oil fuck fest

everything else in teh OP is up because the drop rates were reduced 10x or more (alferix)

All of these resources had drop rates adjusted and/or someone is hoarding. Mage is up only due to shinook being a lyst/oil fuck fest

everything else in teh OP is up because the drop rates were reduced 10x or more (alferix)

So...?

What is it you're trying to say Rocket? Say it... We can't guess what your thoughts are..

Ever since I've come back to the game in 2016 all I hear is people complaining in this forum that all the markups have crashed and that Nanocubes need to be removed... Now that markups are starting to come back up, what say you?

Is it good? Bad? Tell us, I'm dying to know :computer:

MA changing drop rates around is not uncommon and prices on the market usually reflect that.
Id almost consider getting back and mining if I wasnt still salty over how poorly average return was on six figures cycles in late 2018 and 2019.

That is no small feat and I'm actually quite impressed. Good job MA! :)

Looks good, havent mined since the last time i was mining, guess its time to continue to skill it up.

Look at the great markup

Everyone goes mining

Markup is shit.

:rolleyes:

Ever since I've come back to the game in 2016 all I hear is people complaining in this forum that all the markups have crashed and that Nanocubes need to be removed...

actually, it was only some hunters/miners who complained non-stop about nanocubes and EP...

Don't you just hate those people who do nothing but complaining non-stop :laugh:

why should i? If an major issue exists it's necessary to point it out untill it gets solved.
My amount of complains in the 3 years before MA broke crafting/mining with their loot 2.0: 0

I don't know if you noticed but markup on pretty much everything went up! Activity of players is pretty high atm

I don't know if you noticed but markup on pretty much everything went up! Activity of players is pretty high atm

or the activities for certain stuff has decreased while the activity for other stuff is just as it is as usual.

Weekly payout of CLD's says this one is the winner:

So...?

What is it you're trying to say Rocket? Say it... We can't guess what your thoughts are..

Ever since I've come back to the game in 2016 all I hear is people complaining in this forum that all the markups have crashed and that Nanocubes need to be removed... Now that markups are starting to come back up, what say you?

Is it good? Bad? Tell us, I'm dying to know :computer:

there's nothing to rejoice about because 100 TT of X at 120% is the same as 10 TT of X at 200% and instead of getting a healthy amount of X when it was at 120% you get a bunch of Y instead at 102-104%

there's nothing to rejoice about because 100 TT of X at 120% is the same as 10 TT of X at 200% and instead of getting a healthy amount of X when it was at 120% you get a bunch of Y instead at 102-104%

Not sure if you made your point any clearer..
But if you want to find more resources with higher MU then stop mining with amps.

Say what you like, but Amp Mining and Crafting on Condition is higher risk vs reward.
You can not expect to recover losses so easily from these kinds of activities.

All of these resources had drop rates adjusted and/or someone is hoarding. Mage is up only due to shinook being a lyst/oil.......

If you are mining somewhere that you usually get certain resources, but it is all lyst/oil etc.. then you should leave and go back at a later time to try again, after the resource wave changes for that area.
Available resources in areas go through cycles.

If you are mining somewhere that you usually get certain resources, but it is all lyst/oil etc.. then you should leave and go back at a later time to try again, after the resource wave changes for that area.

so you mean i should mine for 6 minutes, log off, then come back in an hour for another 6 minutes of gameplay? fuck that.

anyone not seeing a problem with resource caps/cycles in the current environment either:

1) hasn't cycled enough ped,
2) hasn't been mining long enough, or
3) is saying "all is fine" with their 96-98% TT return over a pathetic 50-100k TT cycle. Cycle a few mil and get back to me.

"cycles"... what a nice way to say "fucked up wave system"

so you mean i should mine for 6 minutes, log off, then come back in an hour for another 6 minutes of gameplay? ....

Cycles last for hours, not minutes.

Mining is superb now, prices are good, tt return is excellent. I can see many returning players, and urge those not playing to log in and try mining.

Just look at these results, look at it!

adnotacja_2020-05-26_183510.jpg

Thanks for the heads up. no wonder you busy in the shop earlier lol

I think the bottom line is there's just no pleasing you. Unless MA rigs the game up so you can make money hand over fist, you will never be happy...

10% increase on resource markups is not nothing, it's actually pretty amazing when you consider the volume of PED involved in those transactions. Belkar alone accounts for 3.3Million PED worth in trades over the past 12 months (Alicenies 1M, Garcen 900k). That 330k PED of extra markup on Belkar has to come from somewhere and that somewhere is players. MA has to find something worth clicking which would warrant players paying that increased markup on Belkar and strike a balance between the drop rate and consumption rate, none of this is easy to do...

The fact that you sit here complaining about mining, complaining about resource markups being too low, when I've just shown you that they are going up just tells me that you are overcome by a sentiment of entitlement, that you will never be happy until MA rigs it so you can make money hand over fist.

Legends

Thanks for the heads up. no wonder you busy in the shop earlier lol

Yeah you can't find Garcen for less than 120% anymore... Glad you still had some at 112% :D

I almost bought your Alicenies too but I don't like carrying too much stuff through PvP space

Yeah you can't find Garcen for less than 120% anymore... Glad you still had some at 112% :D

I almost bought your Alicenies too but I don't like carrying too much stuff through PvP space

I only update my current auction prices about once a week (been pokey lately with spring and all), but I noticed the same thing in my shop. I couldn't figure out why Garcen was going so quickly until checking.

In terms of my MU maps, there are actually a lot more areas lighting up as ideal to mine now with the MU shifts and quite a few more than are worth really amping up on.

/Tinfoil hat on

I wonder what was the point of creating this thread... OP doesn't seem to mine, so probably he is not the one rejoicing for the higher MUs. It seems OP wants to call more people to mine and crash the market.

/Tinfoil hat off

Actually wave system sucks and takes all the fun out of the profession.

I think the bottom line is there's just no pleasing you. Unless MA rigs the game up so you can make money hand over fist, you will never be happy...

That 330k PED of extra markup on Belkar has to come from somewhere and that somewhere is players.

The fact that you sit here complaining about mining, complaining about resource markups being too low

1) no i literally just want 92-95% TT return over, say, 30,000 looting events (approx 100k single drops, or ~600k TT input for me)

2) yeah then crafters take that markup input, craft it into more markup input, then sell that input to miners, other crafters, and, god forbid, hunters who then take their loot and sell it back creating a prepetually inflationary economy (weird that's how the real world works as well)

3) i have never, ever, bitched about markups being too low... i've complained about overmining of a few subsets of areas due to MA's poor balancing elsewhere.

EDIT: players with the skills, equipment, knowledge, and bakroll should be making money hand over fist, otherwise there's zero progression and the game dies.

if Messi came here tomorrow, said he was selling out and couldn't make money in EU anymore, the entire playerbase activity would drop at least 10% overnight. MINIMUM. in loot 1.0 for hunters, there was a clear dpp threshold to cross where you could actually make some ped hunting... gear was limited so it worked.. the idea was to skill up and invest and then you could make money. That idea is largely gone in hunting.

Back