• No I love EP spam!

Votes: 5 14.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rock Stone

Guardian
I'm not anti-EP.
I don't mind big bettors.
The problem I have is the constant global messages from players making EP.
During the weekends you won't even see your hard worked for Hunting, Mining or Crafting Global for too long of a time.
I don't see why I have to constantly see this over and over and over all day long.
Do the EP crafters care if they get a global?
I doubt it very much, as we all know thay are looking for a HOF or an ATH.
Lets just see when you do something special like hit more than 200 Ped.

I think the space on the global message would be much more benefit if you blasted the globals from other planets.
I know that's not really a global because its galaxy wide but that would create more interest for people to explore other worlds.

+1...............

They're crafting condition, so every success is a global...

You don't 'have to' see it, or any other part of the gui as far as that goes...

Ok I have seen that everybody is posting their screenshots of this new VU but they leave all the icons, chat and radar in them. In some cases this is necesary to give coordinates and date and time but for the rest of you that only want to take cool pics follow this steps to remove those things.

1. Press Y, L and G (this will open the Action Library, The edit panel, and the Keyboard layout)

2. Select the System tab in the action library (marked in green on the image)

3. Drag the icons Dashboard and Desktop icons from the Action library to 2 of the keys in the Keyboard Layout that aren't assigned to any other action. (in this case I used the INS and HOME keys).

4. Press Y,L and G to close all the windows.

5. Now whenever you want to take a nice screenshot just tap INS and HOME to clear the screen, take the picture and tap INS and HOME again to bring back your radar and icons.

6. Also remember to hide the crosshair (Spacebar) and any PM, Map or any other windows you have opened.

That's It. I hope this was useful. Here is a picture to show the procedure in detail:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

And compare this 2 pics to see the diference

I'm not anti-EP.
I don't mind big bettors.
The problem I have is the constant global messages from players making EP.
During the weekends you won't even see your hard worked for Hunting, Mining or Crafting Global for too long of a time.
I don't see why I have to constantly see this over and over and over all day long.
Do the EP crafters care if they get a global?
I doubt it very much, as we all know thay are looking for a HOF or an ATH.
Lets just see when you do something special like hit more than 200 Ped.

I think the space on the global message would be much more benefit if you blasted the globals from other planets.
I know that's not really a global because its galaxy wide but that would create more interest for people to explore other worlds.

I have to agree, it just makes the whole global chat uninteresting most of the time, and not really worth watching anymore...

The same thing applies with Level 13 mining amps, Extender P20 and Perseus Harness (L). The cost/click means that practically every success will be a global and it's misleading to broadcast it globally as if this was worth trumpets.

You don't 'have to' see it, or any other part of the gui as far as that goes...

Unfortunately that is not the case any more, since the camera update.

Those shortcuts have changed, and now we only get a 'Toggle interface visibility' icon, which helpfully makes everything disappear. My favorite shortcut, 'desktop icons' that would take all the clutter of shortcuts away from the screen while leaving the important stuff - like radar, health bar, etc, is unfortunately gone.

P.S. Yes, I know it's not exactly on topic, but still....

Leave the global threshold as is, but give an option to filter out the EP globals if you don't want to see them in your chat window. Also, the global should reflect which blueprint (EP1-4) you got the global on.

I'm not anti-EP.

It is your 3rd anti ep thread started in a week, but sure.

+1...............

They're crafting condition, so every success is a global...

Well, based on this logic, lets just remove every big shared boss too, like SK, Kongs, etc, every kill is global.
Remove all instance too, like Robot beacons, even the 23p beacon is global at the end every time.

Remove all the foma mining globals too, peoples go there amped, so every find is a global, same logic.

Based on this idea, there are a lot of globals could be removed.
Why should one be removed because you dont care about it?

Others dont care about your any global the same way, and they will ask to remove those as well.

Swirlies addiction cannot be tamed....

Lets put this in perspective.
I counted the EP globals on the ticker for 10 mins.
I counted 30 Globals under 200 ped but above 100.
A global tick lasts for 6 seconds.
That's 180 EP globals per hour.
Total globals per hour 600
If I play an 8 hour session I have to see 1440 EP Globals.

So for 30 percent of the time I was watching the Global ticker I had to watch the exact same 5 people play a slot machine.
This was on a Weds Night!.
I'm sure it gets much worse.

I am Sick of it!!
Don't tell me to turn my ticker off!
This is the heartbeat of Calypso and I have a right to not be completely spammed by this garbage 24/7.

this will never be changed, imho.

MA wants people to see EVERYONE globaling... this is subliminal messaging, keeping a person believing the next global or HoF will be theirs. It is a constant reminder that someone else is globaling, supporting the belief that your global may happen on your next action, be it hunting, crafting or mining. Seeing globals keeps your interest peaked, Reducing the number of global messages will reduce the interest, or the driving force, that keeps players playing.

Keeping paying players playing Entropia Universe = Profit for EA, and they will use anything legally within their means to do so.

We don't need to see 2000 EP globals every 8 hours.
We will see every EP global over 200 ped and will reduce the Spam!!.
The Hall of Fame is full of their Slot Playing Powers!
Pretty sure we all know who is responsible for taking a great MMO and turning it into a joke.
Pointing out that word "legally" Shouldn't MA be more concerned with keeping a lid on it than creating controversy and player mal-content that constantly brings it to the limelight????
Turn this @$% down!
Give us a break!!

They need to add options to the filter, so ppl can choose to not see crafting globals or mining globals if they want to

We don't need to see 2000 EP globals every 8 hours.
We will see every EP global over 200 ped and will reduce the Spam!!.
The Hall of Fame is full of their Slot Playing Powers!
Pretty sure we all know who is responsible for taking a great MMO and turning it into a joke.
Pointing out that word "legally" Shouldn't MA be more concerned with keeping a lid on it than creating controversy and player mal-content that constantly brings it to the limelight????
Turn this @$% down!
Give us a break!!

Yes the frequency of these HOFs is aggravating in the ticker, standing at a crafting machine trying to do ordinary crafting is even worse with an EP crafter nearby, even if you get a global you likely don't realise above the racket they make.
Not only does it fill the HOF Board and make it hard to see what is trending in crafting aside from EP, and gizmos, but it also means the number of crafters that can make it into the top 50 leader board is vastly reduced. I used to regularly appear in there until these BPs became the bread and butter of EU. Haven't been in top 50 for over 2 years now, though I craft as much if not more. TBH I have pretty much given up hoping.
I am sure MA would say they don't take more from the crafting loot pool than they contribute proportionately, but I personally doubt this is true, I have heard from many other item crafters like myself who have had a vastly reduced number of sizeable globals and HOFs since these BPs came into existence.
If we must have them to feed cash to MA, can we please put them into a category of their own, and then make all categories hunt/mine/craft/craft EP&gizmo selectable that way we can each watch only that part of the HOF ticker that interests us, after all most miners don't really care who got 500 ped on an Argonaut either
You could say the HOF board and ticker don't really matter, it doesn't change gameplay, but a little kudos now and then for the real crafters, the ones who make the economy work would be nice (buy ores, enmats, treasures, oils and other hunt loots and turn them into necessary trade goods, amps, weapons, tools, textures, clothing etc )
Would hunters and miners like it if they could never get into the HOF board because say a particular instance was the only place getting large hits ?
Would they find it discouraging?
Darn right they would, MA need to realise people need the emotional boost we all get from a Gz (sad aren't we?)
Item Crafters are people too.

This is never ending, it doesn't matter, globals are just an indication of how much PED you are spending. These people are not stealing your loot, or affecting your return in any way.

The moment you reduce the explosive globals, people will complain that crafting loot is too low, and not enough compared to other profs, because that is the reality. And then what? complain to have MA fix it somehow? High chance of breaking things related to crafting into an even worse state.

Globals and HOFs clearly have a psychological effect on people, there is little chance MA will want to reduce these indicators of the economy.

IF it concerns you that much, they did happen to add a slider for global threshold.

Or of course, leave calypso....where the chats are lacking globals in most forms anyhow.

since MA have multiple times reiterated the statement that there is no such thing as a personal loot pool, then how much we spend should not in any way increase the likelihood of a multiplier, and obviously the more ped per click will then increase the chance of that multiplier being a swirl
Item crafters generally click far fewer clicks than the EP guys, so yes they will get more swirls, what matters however is player perception, if like me you feel it is taking more than it's fair share (right or wrong in that assumption) it still has a negative effect on that persons enjoyment of the game. So if MA want crafters other than EP gamblers they should give it a separate category and give us some encouragement and kudos

Back