Fix our broken mob AI please

Sub-Zero

Elite
Society
Classified
Sub-Zero The Killer
Last year I don't remember the AI being so retarded. There can be nothing blocking a mob, or a small tree or another mob blocking the other mob, and it will still not move to attack you from a certain distance.

Here's a clip I took of UC's twitch when he experienced the bug.
https://clips.twitch.tv/BoxyWimpyBillStoneLightning

I'm sure many others experience this annoying bug every day. We have stupid lags which you guys can't seem to fix. Nor make the lag more fair for us (mob can attack us and we cant do shit).

Now this broken AI (no idea what VU caused it, maybe someone here can remember it and post info for MA).

I have two possible ideas for this fix.
Make all mob AI go through all trees/bushes and other mobs/vehicles/avatars with exception of whatever else that needs to have collision like buildings, turrets.

Second idea.
Revert whatever VU that fucked up the AI and make them somewhat smart again. In the past, mobs were able to move around trees (with some limitations) run up hills etc to kill you.

This lag is fucked up, now on top of this lag, we get this retarded AI that makes you - Mindark lose revenue because we can get killed and have to go back to mob (waste of precious peds we could have spent shooting), not to mention the frustration build up - making people take breaks from game...

Also, can you put in 50% more effort when placing event mobs. I've heard you guys set a specific set of coordinates in-game, then they will spawn within set coordinates. How about going to that specific area first, and check if its clear of lots of hills and trees? So mob doesn't get blocked unnecessarily

Last edited:
I'd be happy if they stopped flying mobs from flying into and below the ground. That just sucks. The mobs still can hit while the weapons don't do anything.

And yes, some mobs respawn and are shot by a turret within a second. Atlas Haven is a candidate for that.

Annoying as hell, but I wonder what the real reason is.
Seems like a lot have been changed or done lately, like dumb down AI (mobs attack
straight forward now and got stuck if something is in the path), less mobs in several
spawns, less spawns, less p.o.i objects, and so on... shouldn't suprise me if we all are
"CTD"s again for a VU that will change some core features and actions comming within
some months.

As I mentioned in your thread about lag, there are more things lately that have been
changed, or at least it seems like it.

These things are changed on purpose imo.

Back