Suggestion: Mission: UL Damage Enhancer

aVaLON_52

Elite
Society
ᴄʀɪᴍꜱᴏɴ ᴅᴇᴠɪʟꜱ
Avalon Butterfly Erupter
Requesting a mission for an unlimited damage enhancer that legitimately makes tiering up weapons worthwhile. Hear me out.

We currently have enhancers that randomly break. I'm sure the algorithm is more complex than that, but there is a random element to it.

I'm thinking a mission whereas a player needs to turn in some items. Not necessarily as rare as trying to find a Hardened Nano Adjuster A01. To include something along the lines of 100 or perhaps even 1000 damage enhancers. This would still provide the necessity for crafting the enhancers as well as generate the incentive for a reliable enhancer.

Whenever the topic is brought up as to whether or not it's worth it (economical/cost effective) to put enhancers on a weapon, the responses I often hear are a resounding "no."
One example:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?304245-Another-enhancer-thread-are-they-worth-it

I'm not posting this thread to rant about current circumstances, but to improve the quality/effectiveness/propose of players tiering their guns. Not just for the sake of events but for overall play without having a concern of adding enhancers for the random gamble break rate of an overall less efficient weapon.

It's frustrating trying to determine the effectiveness of enhancers and to be honest I think they've got a bad rap in the community overall.

I know the mission request is for an UL Damage Enhancer. That would be the first mission at least to get this started. I would also like to see a mission for accuracy enhancer etc.

I sure hope not, MA just needs to increase the drop rate of pyrite so markup goes down

and then complain why nobody buys the various components when you're hunting?

The main reasons why enhancers have that are that high MU:
1.) some of the materials have quite high MU
2.) you get only 1 enhancer per success. 2 PED TT click cost, a 0,4 TT PED enhancer + 1,6 TT PED Residue, as example. Even if you pop a global or hof there will be only 1 enhancer. This 1 enhancer has to cover all the TT-return loss as well as MU of the materials from fails, near successes and successes.
This 1 per success ofc assures you got to use a ft of materials to make a lot enhancers, but it also drives up the MU a lot.

What may be okay, is if the enhancers do decay per shot instead of randomly breaking, would at least take the randomness of breaking away from them.

definately against UL enhancers.

Last edited:
What may be okay, is if the enhancers do decay per shot instead of randomly breaking

How is that balanced when weapons with higher attack rates break enhancers more frequently than weapons with lower attack rates?

the problem with something like this is it would serious devalue higher end weapons. Yes it is true using no enhancers is prolly better so when u need more dps you get a bigger gun. with this everyone be rockin t10 opalo :)

How is that balanced when weapons with higher attack rates break enhancers more frequently than weapons with lower attack rates?

the decay could be based on damage per shot, more damage per shot more dacay.

No, it's the overload of unlimited items that is killing the economy of the game

No, it's the overload of unlimited items that is killing the economy of the game

Exactly! We need as much as possible to made out of other players looted materials, thats good for the economy.

There shouldnt even be ANY UL items. Or atleast you should have to use materials to repair. Something simple, like residues.

They could make it less random, like a set limit each enhancer will only break at minimum 2000 shots. If you got 10 enhancers on it would mean the highest breakrate would be 1 enhancer of the tier 1-10 slots would break at 2000 shots. But also chance to not break until 5000 shots.

Problem with current system, the more slots filled and the faster the attack speed of weapon the faster they break, like at tier 5+ can break 4 enhancers in 300 shots sometimes...
It's kinda stupid. If people can use enhancers all the time with acceptable breakrate it would actually be worth it and then people would increase their cycle rate. More cycle in less time means MA also get more revenue in shorter time.

At this time with 350% dmg enhancers u lose 2 ped MU for every enhancer broken. A 1200 ped hunt can bring maybe 30 ped MU on avg. Realistically a tier 5 weapon full of dmg enh can break 5-10 enhancers on that ammo. Thats 10-20 ped MU lost in enhancer in 1200 ped ammo.. Totally not worth it.

Last edited:
the problem with something like this is it would serious devalue higher end weapons. Yes it is true using no enhancers is prolly better so when u need more dps you get a bigger gun. with this everyone be rockin t10 opalo :)
???????????????????????

???????????????????????

everyone be rockin t10 opalo

rockin t10 opalo

t10 opalo

source-2.gif

I use to say that basic equipment can be Unlimited while boosts should be more at the Limited
type of things.

I would rather see the enhancer system rebuilt. System we have today is quite simple
and easy to handle, having ten slots where we can drop enhancers on is a system that
isn't bad when it comes to handle it, but it isn't the best when it comes to use it.

I have a rough idea to do a change in the system. It isn't optimal to handle it, but ok
to use it.
First of all it should be based on fragments with value of 0,0001 instead of one item with
value between 0,40 to 1 ped.
Next difference is that we combine all fragments we want included in to something similar
to a dynamic amp, and the system should go by the lowest amount and then create this
item with help of a refiner.
Every tier level fragments above the lowest value are just cut off and placed in inventory.
This item will now work as a dynamic amp and having "unique" values, this way it should
be quite easy to have decay per interaction instead of the kind of random way we have now.
Another positive thing is that all levels are decayed equally, so instead of e.g 60% goes down
on tier1, 10% on tier2 and 30% on tier3 we get same amount removed from this item.
This item should ofcourse be able to go in to refiner again and then split up and we get
fragments per level and type again.

I don't think the enhancer concept needs to change. It's a decent proven system tied into a whole bunch of stuff and it isn't broken.

For mu and prices, that's just how things are. MA controls all drops, they want enhancers to be more expensive to use, then we just have to live with it, changing how we use the enhancers.

UL dmg enhancer would break the game.

UL dmg enhancer would break the game.

As a concept, I quite like the idea that MA wanted to add stronger weaps over time but recognised the problems of unl on the circular economy model. The result was still some unl weaps, but to improve them you could tier them as an unl tier-up over time, but they used (L)enhancers for each slot.

The problem seems to me the apparent uselessness of tiering lower weaps (which is maybe why someone facepalmed the tier10 opalo thought?). Plus, I know I REALLY dislike this varied breakage on different stuff, and not even knowing how the tier stats practically affect tier-up speed and breakage rates - AND tier progression has been bugged for ages anyway.

Even if we now get the tt back now when they break, I've not really tested enhancers, despite having a couple of tier6 items. The 'opal' problem presumably doesn't help either. My assumption is that if something costs mu then that is less efficient, so I tend to avoid it (within reason). If loot qualities really ARE noticeably better, then ofc those that know are probably staying quiet about it. My impression is that it MIGHT be the case, but on calculated kill costs beyond just using a few enhancers - you need to be using at least 5, with a fast weap, low heal time wasted etc.

Now if we had constant decay enhancers that followed the strength of the weap (like how much ammo a weap uses) - that might make them more useable on more stuff. BUT probably no from me on the idea of unl enhancers as such...

rockin t10 opalo

t10 opalo

source-2.gif

There's nothing wrong with wanting to rock a T10 Opallo or any weapon that's capable of being tiered.

We just have a system/stigma/belief that the enhancers (particularly damage enhancers) are only beneficial for big DPS weapons (particularly ones with slower attack rates) in order for the enhancers to serve a purpose.

Should it be this way?
Should tiering up an Opallo to tier 10 be completely useless and facepalm worthy. I know I'm using Opallo as example but really it includes every weapon in the game. Tiering is an option, but is it a cost-effective benefit across the board?

Yes I did suggest the unlimited enhancer. It's a suggestion from my perspective. Some of you say it would break the game but there is a community saying enhancers are just not worth it.

Yeah it's simple to chime in and say "ohhhh... the system is just fine..." As you slay mobs with your tier 10 weapon that has a 20 attack rate and 200 DPS. Pay no mind to the little guys or the non-depositers or every other player in the game.

Bottom line, I just think it should be balanced.

Back