Suggestion: Restore Mining Variance to Pre-2014

Rocket192

Elite
Society
Classified
Sean Rocket Connors
Multiple ATHs/month?

Multiple 10k+ hits planetside every week?

bring. this. shit. back.

Current system is so fucking boring it's worse than 2015's "claim size V"

as far rocket said hell multi is bug since forever

im with him. though i think it was jan 2013 and not 2014. before mining was lotta fun and now its like cancer... slowly dying

Game was a lot more exciting back then. Yes you could loss ped like you also can now but the dream was visible everyday when others hited 10k/30k and you thought "next time it will be me".

Pay to work is what a lot of activities look like actually.

Most of the game is centered on Mayhem events now where we compete directly against each other or in deed/stocks income.

But hey maybe more 5 years and we can see another 400k tower? ROFL

Multiple ATHs/month?

Multiple 10k+ hits planetside every week?

bring. this. shit. back.

Current system is so fucking boring it's worse than 2015's "claim size V"

This...

Man the good old era, whoaaa!:eyecrazy:

Hmmmm, to get the 10K/30K+ multis/ATH, people would need to lose more for it to pay out on a regular basis.
Were you not complaining about returns a little while back and then had a break because you couldn't profit in mining....Now you want those ATH again which would mean your okay with less return?

Are we going in circles here? I feel like its a battle for MA between giving ATH and making it reasonable cost to play. Besides from the amps out there, maybe this needs to be a slider in your finder to take it out of MA hands and into your own....If you want more multi's move the slider to the right a little. If you want more steady returns move it to the left. If you want massive ATH, move to the right as much as possible...this would give you a lot of NRF's but the chance to hit that 100K ATH is there (ie...the EP Gamble).

Would make the board light up with oil/Lyst ATH...maybe those would compete with EP ATH...since you would be able to Level amp them further.

I guess this is an option for crafting so why not make it an option for Mining?!?
Might as well add it to hunting too.

PLAYERS: tooo MuCH VariANCe WE waNT StABility!!!

MA: ok here you go fam

PLAYERS: tooOO mUCH STABILITY we WAnT VarIANCE!!!

MA:

d63edd9af879f866baea5e3c5b506959.jpg

The reason i started mining in 2011 was because of the hofs, towers, and aths.... I didn't have the means to deposit $5k+ so the only hope i had to get the bankroll i wanted was to focus on markup and then see if i could pop one of those ATHs...

I remember the average run returns being in the high-60s to low-70s (compared to 85%+ now) and yeah it was quite a bitch at times, but markup was good (because risk-averse people wouldn't mine) and you had to pay attention to time, place, and area.

i was watching some old pigbenis videos and then went through soem of my old shinook swirls and spreadsheets. Mining was more fun back then... now it's like hunting... if you go out and drop 10k probes you're gonna get 88-95% of that back usually and there's never room for ATHs or big hofs.

We actually had a time where we would have multiple mining ATHs in the same day lol.

I got my first mining global recently from a SIX YEAR gap.!
Yes I had mined amped in that time. Most of it was me giving up because I wasn't even getting globals. I also see hofs of like 100 peds and that just doesn't excite me. I know globals aren't the end goal, but just never stuck with me how I can hunt for 1-2 hours and get a global pretty reasonably consistently but can mine for hours and never seen one

Its boring but is good how it is, thing is you can still generate a ton of tt loss thats why i hit 36k in hell last time i was an active miner also if i was not going in hell i was recovering on planet, i had not long time ago 2 tower of 5k in 3 days

Last edited:

MA:

d63edd9af879f866baea5e3c5b506959.jpg

Exactly :)
There is a group of players demanding less variation over the years, now they have it :)
I suspect people doesn't understand the consequences of their demands, more reasons for Mindark to not listen to any of them because people are extremely bias when it comes to suggestions.

that's not the same players :rolleyes:
In 2.0 they did increase variance btw.

Last edited:
Exactly :)
There is a group of players demanding less variation over the years, now they have it :)
I suspect people doesn't understand the consequences of their demands, more reasons for Mindark to not listen to any of them because people are extremely bias when it comes to suggestions.

less variance in hunting and crafting makes sense... hunting has low markup, so higher variance can bankrupt a lot of players.

Crafting you need lower variance due to the higher tt/click crafts...

Mining you don't need low variance... markups are generally pretty high, markup input is low, and you're not going over 20-22 ped/click in 98% of cases

Back