Release 17.2 Video Interview

Awesome work Mindark. Definitely a step in the right direction.

well done MA. keep it up!

Now this is nice. Thank you MA, good job!!

Dang.. This is exactly the type of stuff we love from Mindark..

Really had me excited to see this dialogue and to hear these teasers :) Just the fact that there was talk about getting back to the ROOTS of what this game was,, IS what made me the most excited by far, the story, the lore, the excellent ambiance of sound from exploring alien worlds. This game is so incredible because of the best diversity on our Planet Earth all exploring and working together or against to build our frontier. Excellent Job My!

It does appear like we are headed in the right direction.

"New iteming for Structure..."

Wonder what that is... :laugh:

Awesome video, thanks My and Product owners for taking the time, it's great :thumbup:

I think that was a pretty good teaser chat, spoken clearly and in a friendly way.
The tickboxes for me are now pre-programmed - to look out for:

tiering changes that are more than just about fixing tiering rates,
some kind of newish teamplay scenarios(s),
changes to info boxes? - highlighted as a teaser? + excitement about this??? Will it now tell us required lvls for armour, or deeper in other ways?,
pay more attention to sounds? - okaaaay - and back to storyline roots, also visually?

Good job an awakening interest without giving details away!

When are we supposed to get 17.2?

Agree with slither. Personally I prefer reading text because you can read at your own pace. Generally a lot easier to read...

They can add english subtitles in videos next time, for people have trouble understanding Swedish english dialect :D

While it was meh, in amount of content information given. It gave a "human perspective" that we've not seen in 10+ years last video interview i remember from MA was probably from 2008 era "space pirates" with neverdie. So it's a good step in right direction, just gotta work on fixing and improving the quality of it and not to mention content. Though finding balance to not reveal too much information because of RCE aspect while still giving hype is not an easy task... GL!

Cool video, great idea.

Thanks!

They can add english subtitles in videos next time, for people have trouble understanding Swedish english dialect :D

Hi, as I mentioned to other users having a hard time understanding what was said during the interview there is subtitles I've made for the video. For some reason it seems to not work on our webpage but if you look at the video at our YouTube-channel there are english subtitles :) have a nice weekend!

Well done MindArk! Great to see this type of communication. Please keep it going. Good to see the POs in the hotseat. Feel free to publish the product backlog in Jira ;) I have a few items I could add :tongue2:

Yet again I seem to be out of step.. tbh I did not feel this was a well produced communication. Not so much an interview as a short teaser about the next vu, yet lacking in any real detail. and sorry My but as a communications officer some attempt at incisive interview questions would have been good, I have tbh heard better interviewing technique done by children. I was frankly disappointed. But this was a first attempt, you can build on it, I truly hope you do, because good communications are well overdue.

What really worried me was the statement by Justin about forthcoming content for Calypso, while I applaud the idea of new content and new challenges and especially a return to the storylines behind Calypso, I was sad to hear him announce that the new challenges will have a strong emphasis not only on skills (applaud as gives purpose to our efforts), but also on gear.. this raises the spectre of the game being aimed purely at the few high fliers and to hell with the average budget player, many of who have high skills as a result of hard work.

But much worse was... 'challenging immersive gameplay through sound and visual storytelling...have your sound on folks' This is frankly appalling.
Many players cant use sound (don't disturb the kids while sleeping or shared room with other family) others may be unable to participate simply because they cannot hear. How ironic that in a post to show MA has learned to communicate, they are indicating they are about to ignore a significant portion of their players that have hearing impairment, and lastly what about those that do not have fluent English, much could be lost in translation.

So sorry but your communications need at least some preparation so they are less stilted and have some real information and professionalism in production
Total fail on equality, both for those with disabilities and also the many non-English speakers in this game.

But much worse was... 'challenging immersive gameplay through sound and visual storytelling...have your sound on folks' This is frankly appalling.
Many players cant use sound (don't disturb the kids while sleeping or shared room with other family) others may be unable to participate simply because they cannot hear. How ironic that in a post to show MA has learned to communicate, they are indicating they are about to ignore a significant portion of their players that have hearing impairment, and lastly what about those that do not have fluent English, much could be lost in translation.

Don't even get me started, for years "Mindark" has been updating visuals and graphics in this game, this is immoral and shows they dont care about a large portion of their player base, many people watch movies or do other stuff while playing or suffer from vision impairment, the fact that nearly everything going on in this game is via visuals is sickening and I hope in the future mindark will cut down or even fully remove any visual aspect of the game all together to even out the playing field and stop this discrimination against blind and visually impaired players

So when will you guys launch Version update 17.2?

Don't even get me started, for years "Mindark" has been updating visuals and graphics in this game, this is immoral and shows they dont care about a large portion of their player base, many people watch movies or do other stuff while playing or suffer from vision impairment, the fact that nearly everything going on in this game is via visuals is sickening and I hope in the future mindark will cut down or even fully remove any visual aspect of the game all together to even out the playing field and stop this discrimination against blind and visually impaired players

Not funny, not laughing, sight impaired players may play if they are able, but changes are unlikely to affect them significantly.
For the hearing impaired, deafness from birth, acquired through injury or age they can cope as well as any other player at present. The games visuals and text give true equality.

Are you happy they could now be excluded, put at a disadvantage compared to players with similar skills. That their investment in time and dollars could all be a waste.

This is the 21st century not the 16th, come on MA lets see at least a good attempt at equality of opportunity

Not funny, not laughing, sight impaired players may play if they are able, but changes are unlikely to affect them significantly.
For the hearing impaired, deafness from birth, acquired through injury or age they can cope as well as any other player at present. The games visuals and text give true equality.

Are you happy they could now be excluded, put at a disadvantage compared to players with similar skills. That their investment in time and dollars could all be a waste.

This is the 21st century not the 16th, come on MA lets see at least a good attempt at equality of opportunity

I thought your post was a joke but I guess not, are you seriously saying companies can't add sound to their games because that would be inequality? you gotta be fucking joking man

Thanks for the update My, not everyone wishes to use discord or facebook, so Í think any significant news is best put here on the forum.

It's how its been for the past 15 years. :thumbup:

I thought your post was a joke but I guess not, are you seriously saying companies can't add sound to their games because that would be inequality? you gotta be fucking joking man

I am not in anyway saying they cant add sound I am saying it would be unfair and unreasonable to have clues, instructions and things essential to a mission as audio only, which is what he implied. Many people need written, either because they are deaf, because they get too many interrupts (kids, other sounds etc) or because they need to translate
Making audio a necessity rather than a choice is a backward step and will quite probably put the company in breach of equalities laws in Europe if not elsewhere

I am not in anyway saying they cant add sound I am saying it would be unfair and unreasonable to have clues, instructions and things essential to a mission as audio only, which is what he implied. Many people need written, either because they are deaf, because they get too many interrupts (kids, other sounds etc) or because they need to translate
Making audio a necessity rather than a choice is a backward step and will quite probably put the company in breach of equalities laws in Europe if not elsewhere

Honestly, the final stages of the Korona Velocity jumpsuit mission probably leave most disabled people out. The controls required are far to precise for me and I have most of my faculties intact :)

I've been gone for a while only coming back to check in when there are updates. Something has me more encouraged to stay around this time and get back into Entropia. It's also been nice to see plenty of old players coming back. :yay:

A transparent Mindark team who are engaged with the community and focused on giving us a great experience is all I can ask for. I think they are heading in the right direction.

All this stuff looks more of the same to me. Promises for new systems, hints toward what could happen to help spark speculation and spending... So as a space player that's been in the game for a while (not the longest by far), this is what I've seen.

Equus released, promises of delivery missions, space mining, etc. All equus sold, space wasn't touched even a little for years.

Mission Galactica - Due to lack of prize rotation, and the availability of the items in mob loot pools outside of space the item is cheaper to buy, than to do the mission to get. Also all TT value of items given is not returned in tt value of item gained, so effectively MA is charging markup and collecting on the side from anyone silly enough not to notice the item is cheaper to buy, than to earn.

Loot 2.0 - Creation of efficiency as a counter balance to eco because MA needed a counter balance. The release of to many buffs, items with buffs, and how players figured out how to use them made insane dmg/pec spent ratio's possible. Once again MA collects money releasing the stuff, then devalues it, except this time by changing the whole system rather than not working on it... all under the guise of increased fairness. Though it did need to be done to correct their epic blunder, their lack of ownership of it is disturbing and leads to wondering if it was planned or not.

New CEO - Re-branding as far as I am concerned, the previous one bankrupted the credit-ability of the company and they needed to scrap up some more fast.

Space receives a rezoning - Frankly is half baked at best. There are major bugs with the camera system in relation to quads, pve, and pvp. A major example, since the camera update, if in pvp with another quad and utilizing 3rd person view, even if your aimed dead on and your cursor turns red, you have a 50% chance to just miss outright. Lag when hunting mobs results in your gun chain firing a bunch of ped into space once in a while. None of these new gameplay shattering bugs have been acknowledged or addressed.

So for me this video was a disappointment, more or less helps cement my view that MA's company policy is one based on hyping speculation bait to help increase the value of UL items, thus ped in the game to abandon for the next hype project since well they got the $ already, no need to own up on promises.

My 100% honest, unyielding advice to MA... Take the skeletons out of your closet and give them a proper burial before another RCE comes out and achieves stability.

with all of those almost 20years running game, remains one last big question

why server still shit so many lags?

game freezes often when "SINGLE ANOTHER PLAYERS SHOWD UP AS GREEN DOTS"

wp ty not

regards not

Still waiting for the tiering to be fixed as promised for a VU.

Not impressed with the hype over a video interview. Still doesn't change anything

Video vu. Written vu all the same imo

Empty promises

So we are all going to ignore how Buff the left guy is ( Dennis Antonsson) ? What pills is he on :)

Great video :)

Last edited:
Back