High end mining equipment value 2020

Steinmeyer

Guardian
Society
Freelancer
Lord Vondur Steinmeyer
I know roughly what things were worth back in 2013 but not these days.

Im thinking about:

Imp excav

Lvl 5, 6 and 7 UL amps <--- Its strange to me that people seem to value these as high as back in early 2010's when MU were much higher! Are they overvalued today or were they undervalued back then?

Terramaster 3 goldrush tier9

F-106 tier 7+

Mod refiner

Imp refiner

Thanks!

Lvl 5, 6 and 7 UL amps <--- Its strange to me that people seem to value these as high as back in early 2010's when MU were much higher! Are they overvalued today or were they undervalued back then?

resellers and amp owners refusing to value assets appropriately. but if someone will buy it then it's not overvalued. But yeah, owning a UL amp nowadays offers practically zero benefit over the longterm - you'd make more moeny via trading or CLD ownership than you would save by tying up 150k ped into a UL mining amp to get that extra 1% input markup shaved off

Excavators: Improved is generally the way to go if you can get one. An adjusted technically is more eco than the TT version, but similar to overkill in the old hunting system, you generally lose what eco you gain on the last pull if it's only a few pec (i.e., would have been cheaper to use the TT exc. on the last pull). Speed is why you would upgrade from the TT exc. though since it takes many, many pulls to see any savings returns on buying adj. or imp. exc. The ROI on them is lower than UL amps I'm pretty sure. Going to modified or other high decay exc. can be a ped drainer though, so I generally say stick with TT -> Adj -> Imp and don't worry much beyond that. Unless you're doing PVP or very high mob density areas, additional speed doesn't matter much. Speed enhancers can be worth it for improving eco, especially on the Imp.

Amps: Anything around Terra 1 up to lvl 4 UL amps seem fairly priced from what I've seen in terms of being able to make an ok ROI. Below that, and you're better off just buying cheap L level 5 amps. Above that, and rarity somewhat maintains the old prices. I wouldn't say they're not worth at that point, but there are other routes that might work better for people depending on their mining style. If you don't want to futz with other stuff and keep things simple, there is a place for currently priced UL amps. I don't go that route though, but an UL level 5 or 7 could maybe temp me someday. The set of conditions where those prices really could work for someone are fairly narrow though.

Finder: Unless you still have a lot of skilling to do and can't use an L finder that hits the depth you want, UL finders + enhancers generally aren't worth it. That's as long as you can get the L finder under say 120% MU (ideally <115%). Finder decay does get mostly returned in claims, so all the matters is hitting the depth you want for as little MU as possible (enhancer or finder MU). For an F-106, L finders almost always win out, but an UL TM3 might be close.

Refiner: Only one mod exists to my knowledge, but if you can get a hold of an adjusted, it can be worth it. I'm not sure if any imp. versions exist yet. Imperium Resource Refiner B1 should be anyone's starting point for ~10-20 ped MU, T-105 after that, then higher end if they can get a hold of them.

Great answers, thank you very much!

Excavators: Improved is generally the way to go if you can get one. An adjusted technically is more eco than the TT version, but similar to overkill in the old hunting system, you generally lose what eco you gain on the last pull if it's only a few pec (i.e., would have been cheaper to use the TT exc. on the last pull). Speed is why you would upgrade from the TT exc. though since it takes many, many pulls to see any savings returns on buying adj. or imp. exc. The ROI on them is lower than UL amps I'm pretty sure. Going to modified or other high decay exc. can be a ped drainer though, so I generally say stick with TT -> Adj -> Imp and don't worry much beyond that. Unless you're doing PVP or very high mob density areas, additional speed doesn't matter much. Speed enhancers can be worth it for improving eco, especially on the Imp.

Amps: Anything around Terra 1 up to lvl 4 UL amps seem fairly priced from what I've seen in terms of being able to make an ok ROI. Below that, and you're better off just buying cheap L level 5 amps. Above that, and rarity somewhat maintains the old prices. I wouldn't say they're not worth at that point, but there are other routes that might work better for people depending on their mining style. If you don't want to futz with other stuff and keep things simple, there is a place for currently priced UL amps. I don't go that route though, but an UL level 5 or 7 could maybe temp me someday. The set of conditions where those prices really could work for someone are fairly narrow though.

Finder: Unless you still have a lot of skilling to do and can't use an L finder that hits the depth you want, UL finders + enhancers generally aren't worth it. That's as long as you can get the L finder under say 120% MU (ideally <115%). Finder decay does get mostly returned in claims, so all the matters is hitting the depth you want for as little MU as possible (enhancer or finder MU). For an F-106, L finders almost always win out, but an UL TM3 might be close.

Refiner: Only one mod exists to my knowledge, but if you can get a hold of an adjusted, it can be worth it. I'm not sure if any imp. versions exist yet. Imperium Resource Refiner B1 should be anyone's starting point for ~10-20 ped MU, T-105 after that, then higher end if they can get a hold of them.

So what you would value an UL 4 now days?

Excavators:An adjusted technically is more eco than the TT version, but similar to overkill in the old hunting system, you generally lose what eco you gain on the last pull if it's only a few pec (i.e., would have been cheaper to use the TT exc. on the last pull).

demonic excavator for the last few pec pull (0.1 pec decay, 0.05 PED alt per pull i.e.)

demonic excavator for the last few pec pull (0.1 pec decay, 0.05 PED alt per pull i.e.)

Do that and be called an eco faggot :p
Hehe, just kidding.

Regarding the amps, keep in mind that it will filter away the rares. Example tridenite, ruga, redu etc. Those are hard or impossible to hit with bigger amps than 4.

I hit redulite all the time with a 7. As you can with all the rares. Don't use a dsec.

Also sold my ul7 for 120k. There's your price for these amps. I had multiple offers for 100 and 110. You can hate the price but at almost 110% mu each, the markup saved piles up very fast.

I hit redulite all the time with a 7. As you can with all the rares. Don't use a dsec.

All the time sounds as if you are having 10% redu distribution. You can hit, but is minimal to what you would get with lower amp or unamped.

We could perhaps compare data and see ;)

Also sold my ul7 for 120k. There's your price for these amps. I had multiple offers for 100 and 110. You can hate the price but at almost 110% mu each, the markup saved piles up very fast.

Good to know, thanks.

Aint nobody buying no 110% amps in this house though.

That might be overkill unless you were pinching every pec. I would just switch to the TT exc. for the last pull and call it good when I used an adj.

So what you would value an UL 4 now days?

I'd ballpark it at ~40k, but if I recall correctly, there are also fewer of them out there than level 5s? It's been a trickier one to gauge anyways, so take my rough estimate with a grain of salt.

I'd ballpark it at ~40k, but if I recall correctly, there are also fewer of them out there than level 5s? It's been a trickier one to gauge anyways, so take my rough estimate with a grain of salt.

I have one and i didn't hear about any other in the game since now.

Good to know, thanks.

Aint nobody buying no 110% amps in this house though.

Yeah, in the case of an UL7, you need to compare it to the most comparable low MU L amp. In that case, it would be more than level 5, but a bit below D-class. I'd just use D-class MU as a comparison in that case.

Yes exactly.

Also wondered about your statement that speed enhancers on the Imp exca improves eco. How?
Isn't it just faster with a tiny added cost?

Yes exactly.

Also wondered about your statement that speed enhancers on the Imp exca improves eco. How?
Isn't it just faster with a tiny added cost?

It doesn’t increase reload speed, but the number of resources per pull, which makes a big difference. At least under the old system with an Imp., you actually would increase the eco compared to unenhanced (MU dependent) while speeding up how long it takes a pull a claim. I’m not sure how that would pan out with an Adj. due to the lower base amount since enhancers increase it by a percentage.

I’m testing whether that is the case since the new VU, but it looks like break rates are at least not significantly changed (so far). That said, an Imp. isn’t something that has great ROI, so I’d only be ready to buy one if it comes for sale at a good price rather than actively hunting one down. If you just want to spend a bit extra to speed things up (especially when using D-class and above), then it’s good just for saving yourself time.

Oh ok thanks that makes sense. I assumed speed actually meant reload speed.

Back