Lootius Mayhem: Stretch Goals, Q&A, and My Thoughts

MsPudding

Elite
Rachel MsPudding Hawkins
First and foremost, thank you! From the bottom of my heart, thank you. I've been receiving a lot of uplifting PMs and kind words, which honestly just brightens my day. But, this post isn't about me, it's about you, the community, and my appreciation for your show of support of Lootius Mayhem in the first 24 hours.

I had set some personal goals and a pace I wanted the event to follow so I wouldn't go completely broke :p And then you all basically shattered that pace I had thought we'd follow, saying "no, lets turn this up to ludicrous speed and build a freaking incredible prize pool for everyone! This thing is on pace to pay out 80,000 to 100,000 PEDs and possibly more!! Wow! That's going to be fun to hand those prizes out :D

Launch day was an incredible success! Thank you to the many streamers that have decided to throw out the event name in their streams, explain rules, and get people involved!

Let's start with some Q&A, because I've been receiving a LOT of PM's, which is fantastic! Please keep PM'ing me, I will respond as soon as I am able to.

Q & A

Q: Is it too late for me to start?
A: No, not at all, not even close! In my opinion, it's still possible to win a great prize even if you were to begin this thing 2-3 weeks in. The leaderboard changes drastically, as you have all noticed. That is because Lootius Mayhem is a Marathon, not a sprint. Jump on in! There's great prizes even at the lower ranks. Getting a HSL Bonus can catapult your score 20-30 places right now. I would at least get your 20 globals on the 3 mobs and see what rank that gets you because your score isn't maximized until you fill up the best 20 slots

Q: Why in the hell did you make the prize pool like this? It makes no sense!
A: The prize pool was intentionally crafted in a way to incite competition the entire event & reward people of all skill levels and dedication. I think the prize pool distribution is one of Lootius Mayhem's greatest strengths. It creates strategy. It promotes thought. You're given the tools to raise or lower your score, this is not meant to be a mindless grind fest. It gets discouraging to see 1 person just shatter everyone else's score and take 1st place never to give it up, and frankly Lootius Mayhem is not about that, it won't ever be. The way the prizes are set up will cause people to act different during the tournament, and hopefully make this thing a very tight race. My hope is that it incites all kinds of emotions of fierce competition and strategy in you guys during those final days and final hours... Will be interesting to see

Q: Can I use a healer/fapper?
A: Yes

Q: Do Neconu globals on OLA#39 count for my Neconu?
A: Yes

Q: Do I have to hunt other mobs? Or can I just hunt one?
A: You can hunt just one if you want (but I don't think winning a prize will be possible that method, who knows!)

Q: How do the skills work on a 100 PED global if I'm Atrox Nomad?
A: A 100 PED global would receive an 11.5% boost from Nomad, so 100 x 1.115 = 111.5 Points/20 = 5.58. So that one global would contribute 5.58 to your overall score.

Q: Why divide by 20?
A: Because we're averaging your best 20 globals over 3 mobs

Q: If I get a 399 PED global does it not count for my best 20 because of my skill % boost?
A: It counts, skill % is applied after. In fact 399 PED global is the most optimal global to get out of your best 20

Q: What happens to my globals over 399, I don't see them on Overall Ranking?
A: They get turned into 'Standard Bonuses' as well as 'Lootius Gifts'(during 28 days check HSL Bonus Page to see) This image is your best friend CLICK HERE

Q: "Judgment" -- explain that, does that mean no more bonuses at all?
A: Judgment just means no more HSL Bonuses (Daily, Weekly, Monthly) those are locked in for the event after 28 days. You can still qualify for standard bonuses though and also improve your base score ( 50 - 399 )

Q: Oh so Standard Bonuses count even before "Judgment" not just after?
A: Yes, they count all 35 days and they stack with Lootius Gifts. Again, this image is your best friend :) bookmark it! CLICK HERE AGAIN

Q: Will there be Lootius Mayhem's every month?
A: No. This is not intended to run each month. I am working on a different platform for a month to month ongoing event, and will release it when it is ready. It will be fully automated, and hopefully a blast :)

Q: If I'm missing a global what do I do?
A: PM me here or in game, I can adjust it in less than 24 hours.

Q: What if your server goes down?
A: I have data redundancy going on right now. So if the main server were to go down for whatever reason, I am backing up all the data on a different PC that I could then transfer over and "catch everyone up" if need be. Hopefully this doesn't happen, but all would not be lost, just a delay in getting the display back up

Stretch Goals

Our first day we scored 461 total globals! :eyecrazy: I don't honestly think that we'll stay at that pace, but god damn have you exceeded all of my expectations for a 1st day launch! But let's just say that it did stay at the same pace we've kept for all 35 days. That would theoretically be over 16,000 globals! Which is insane! Although I don't really believe we're going to get to 16k globals, I do believe we can get to 6k or 10k

If any of you have ever backed a Kickstarter, you know that the project creator starts throwing in awesome stuff the more support they receive. So, let's say for a minute that everyone participating in Lootius Mayhem is like a "backer" so to speak. The more support this event gets, the more I feel obligated to return the favor and reciprocate the karma. You show my event love, I show the community love.

Creating this event was not all about the money for me. Did I want to avoid losing money? Sure, of course. But profitability was not the driving factor... Working on this project was more like a hobby for me. I've learned so much, and yet still have so much more to learn.

I've gotten more enjoyment this last 24 hours than I ever imagined, making it all worth it. Just seeing and hearing your stories, playing in the event, interacting with one another. A person I greatly respect commented that they for the first time saw lots of "green dots" just like the "olden days", out hunting and having a nice chat... About melted my heart. THAT, that is what EntropiaGold is about. It's about Rediscovering Entropia. I know this is a bit cheesy, but I've been at this game for 10 years and it means a lot to me. The people in it mean a lot to me

So I'll shut up and show you the goals :p

attachment.php

Stretch Goals are one time PED injections that go on top of the already growing prize pool! These prize increases are paid out at the end (not instant payments when we hit the global total goal, it just means they add to the current prizes already at those ranks)

In other words, I'm adding more PED to the pool than before, this in no way hurts or takes away from any rank or prize level, it only adds more to the pot that becomes possible to win

Goal #1: 6,000 Total Globals
This is meant to throw a little more incentive and prize money to the top grinders ;)

Goal #2: 8,000 Total Globals
This is meant to treat the folks at the bottom, feeling like they're down on their luck, a little something worth grinding for ;)

Goal #3: 10,000 Total Globals
This is meant for the folks in the middle of everyone else, that made it to the top 15 but didnt snag one of the big prizes, so they're left wondering how the hell they got stuck holding these places :p I've Gotta show them some love! This means +500 PED for each spot ( 6, 7, 8, 9) and +250 PED for (11, 12, 13, 14)

I would have loved to have launched the event with these prizes listed above -- but to be honest I didn't know if we'd reach those total globals, and tried my best to minimize some of my risk and set reachable personal goals.

So those are my thoughts... Hope everyone continues to enjoy this thing, and if you have friends that are hesitating to join in, PM them and get them in here! I'd love to see us hit all three of these stretch goals, and when you start doing the math on those top ranks, those top prizes get utterly ridiculous for whoever is brave enough to snatch one!

Thanks again, and I'll share more updates and news as things become relevant

Please join a new channel I created for Lootius Mayhem updates and information :)

#entropiagold
attachment.php

The community support and activity has been insane! You guys have blown this thing up way bigger than I ever expected.

At the time of this update, Lootius Mayhem has 2 days under its belt with a daily global average of 411
:eyecrazy: I can't believe we still have 33 days left

Utterly insane!
:hammer:

If we keep this pace, we're set to get over 14,000 globals!! In which case I'd definitely need to come up with 12k and 14k Stretch Goals, but let's not get ahead of ourselves yet :p

I expect us to see that daily global number come down a bit, but I'm also not the best at predicting the dedication and energy you all have put into this so far!

Let's see what it would look like with all of the Prize Growth mechanics we have working

So here's some quick reference tables

attachment.php

Total PED Value in Prizes @ 6k Total Globals = 62,500 PED

attachment.php

Total PED Value in Prizes @ 8k Total Globals = 84,750 PED

attachment.php

Total PED Value in Prizes @ 10k Total Globals = 107,750 PED

Last edited:
Great event ! thank you :yay:

Thanks MsPudding!

One small suggestion which I think you should really consider for the next one:

Since this event has some interesting strategic elements to it, was thinking about how to build on that, so since we all have to hunt the 3 mobs, you should institute a bonus point system for a hunter that gets globals on all 3 mobs each day, which shows dedication and commitment to the event. So for example, from 00:00 to 00:00, if a hunter gets a global on Atrox, 2 on Neconu and 1 on Scipulor, that hunter gets 1 bonus point, if he/she then repeats that again the next day (get at least 1 global on all 3 mobs), he/she gets 2 bonus points, and so on. So people would have a lot to gain by grinding all 3 mobs each day since they get more points the longer they do it and would just have too much to lose if they ever stopped.

Since this bonus point is not global 'size' reliant, but just dependant on the fact that a global was obtained, it would reward continued dedication and perseverance.

Just something to think about :)

Legends

Thanks MsPudding!

Since this event has some interesting strategic elements to it, was thinking about how to build on that, so since we all have to hunt the 3 mobs, you should institute a bonus point system for a hunter that gets globals on all 3 mobs each day, which shows dedication and commitment to the event. So for example, from 00:00 to 00:00, if a hunter gets a global on Atrox, 2 on Neconu and 1 on Scipulor, that hunter gets 1 bonus point, if he/she then repeats that again the next day (get at least 1 global on all 3 mobs), he/she gets 2 bonus points, and so on. So people would have a lot to gain by grinding all 3 mobs each day since they get more points the longer they do it and would just have too much to lose if they ever stopped.

Since this bonus point is not global 'size' reliant, but just dependant on the fact that a global was obtained, it would reward continued dedication and perseverance.

Legends

The suggestion is good and bad.

For the hardcore that are going to hit this event hard and aim for the higher places it would motivate them.

For the more casual who would maybe consider going for the lower prizes it might make it seem like too high a commitment and not even try at all. If i know i can only play a few days a week and have no chance to compete with people who get the everyday bonus then i probably wouldn't bother.

Thanks MsPudding!

Legends

I like where your mind is at! I think that's an interesting concept, and I'm glad you're sharing your ideas.

I plan to open a forum post and gather feedback when its all over from anyone who competed. Making suggestions and helping tweak the platform is exactly the kind of data and feedback I'll be after :)

The suggestion is good and bad.

For the hardcore that are going to hit this event hard and aim for the higher places it would motivate them.

For the more casual who would maybe consider going for the lower prizes it might make it seem like too high a commitment and not even try at all. If i know i can only play a few days a week and have no chance to compete with people who get the everyday bonus then i probably wouldn't bother.

Hmmm yeah I see your point but there are 15 prizes and maybe 3 more later if we reach 8000 globals... And 1st place doesn't have the biggest prize. I just think that a certain level of dedication should be rewarded somehow.

To me, implementing some sort of bonus like this would just mean there's more than 1 way to get to place, even if my globals aren't big.

Q: How do the skills work on a 100 PED global if I'm Atrox Nomad?
A: A 100 PED global would receive an 11.5% boost from Nomad, so 100 x 1.115 = 115 Points

Stupid question coming from my side :)
How are Points transferred into Score?

Example:
I'm a techie and currently have following globs:
Scip: 220 + 92 + 54 = 366 --> 366 * 1.07 = 391.62 points
Necunu: 182 + 107 = 289 --> 289 * 1.085 = 313.565 points
Sum: 391.62 + 313.565 = 705.185 points together (don't have any bonuses AFAIK)
Score on the leaderboard is 35.26
So the question is how is 705.185 points converted into 35.26 score?

And follow-up question, Bonus points from 400+ ped globs and other bonuses are counted towards points, or score?

Maybe I'm just stupid and didn't understand it correctly :D

Stupid question coming from my side :)
How are Points transferred into Score?

Example:
I'm a techie and currently have following globs:
Scip: 220 + 92 + 54 = 366 --> 366 * 1.07 = 391.62 points
Necunu: 182 + 107 = 289 --> 289 * 1.085 = 313.565 points
Sum: 391.62 + 313.565 = 705.185 points together (don't have any bonuses AFAIK)
Score on the leaderboard is 35.26
So the question is how is 705.185 points converted into 35.26 score?

And follow-up question, Bonus points from 400+ ped globs and other bonuses are counted towards points, or score?

Maybe I'm just stupid and didn't understand it correctly :D

You're definitely not stupid. And this is a very good question, I've gotten it 4-5 times. The only piece of the puzzle your missing is that you need to divide your score by 20. The 708.18/20 is what's showing on the leaderboard.

Points get added right on top of your score, so if you snagged a daily HSL and held it until end of day those +3 points add onto your score. In your current example, your score of 35.26 would become 38.26 with a daily HSL.

Furthermore, if your daily HSL was over 399 PED it would qualify for standard bonus points, let's say you got a 400 pedder. Well now your score looks like this 35.26 + 3 +1 so on the leaderboard your score would be 39.26

Awesome, thanks :) right after I asked it, I did the math on few people listed and found the magic number 20 :)
But great to have it confirmed and also to have the answer for the second one :)

Happy hunting everyone :)

Awesome event, gj mspudding!
Better than MA events, ads a good touch and joy with the live leaderboard :)

awesome event. if someone can share some secrets on how to get a neconu or scip global that would be awesome too :)

Best Event? =)

First of all "WOW"

The website...
The automatically updated systems...
Hunters don't need to anything don't need to count or check anything, just pure focus on grinding I totaly love it.

Only because you're website looks so good I already want to test it all out and grind the shit out of your 3 mobs :p

I will be streaming this DAILY on https://www.twitch.tv/dfxcsgo.

It was nice to see after my feedback that u did adjust some things ;)

I was hoping for 1 more thing in the future, to reward the TRUE grinders even more:

Per examble
Top 3 or top 5 hunters with MOST globals / whole event. also get some sort of reward after the event is done and also make for those top 3 or top 5 a highscores :) I think this will give ALOT of even MORE and EXTRA motivation and it will make people want to compete even more for being also the one globaling the most :)

Greetings
xXx MrUnderCover xXx

Thanks for the event and follow up - it's nice to see your impressions and clear up some FAQs.

If only the devs had half the passion you do!

LOL - good hunting all - I'm having fun finding my first global still :p

awesome event. if someone can share some secrets on how to get a neconu or scip global that would be awesome too :)

I noticed it's hard to get the globals in but keep shooting when u do get one, more will come usally in waves.

Goodluck :)

Back