Entropia Universe 17.2 Release Notes

This is a known issue and will be fixed in an upcoming patch. The affected conversion mission has been disabled until then.

Please file a support case and the correct attributes will be applied to your avatar.

One hell of a fucking joke.. for one hell of a mission completed, all hyped into turning my 9th Stamina on.. i gotta way longer in this lootless trap...

nice vu ONLY if you make opals and tier components drop again and punish market manipulators (talking about people buying all the OPALS to increase its mu )

QFE

The tier changes are nice, but nobody is in a hurry to tier faster to have to stop at tier 2.99. Until Pile of Opal rarity is addressed, the tier changes are largely meaningless.

makes things easier to tier, but that killed my collection dreams
all the items i paid a hefty premium for with 3 digits on all 10 tiers are now worthless lol even to me...
time to sell my crap and craft more ep 4

I dont think the items gonna loose on their value,it just shows different numbers compared from before.Eather way if u have lower stats u going to gain it way slower.Its kind of the same or at least similar.Higher number on tiers,faster u going to upgrade it..
Maybe i am wrong..

QFE

The tier changes are nice, but nobody is in a hurry to tier faster to have to stop at tier 2.99. Until Pile of Opal rarity is addressed, the tier changes are largely meaningless.

Tier changes were mostly about uber tier L items, just check the tier HOF list since update.
Im too just tried out a TT excavator, tier is only 2500/4000, it was t6 at 2p/3p tt, and t8+ at 1p/3p tt.

As i remember i did once the same out of curiosity, and it went to t3-4 max till broken.

Maybe UL items too changed, but based on my armor, i dont see difference on tier gains on my UL armors.
Maybe there are small difference, but not something i could notice.

Also my 177 tier rate UL gun at t8.9 didnt gained a single 0.01 since update.
So i guess the UL not changed much, it was the ubertier L items that changed a lot, as many wanted this for PVP.

I dont think the items gonna loose on their value,it just shows different numbers compared from before.Eather way if u have lower stats u going to gain it way slower.Its kind of the same or at least similar.Higher number on tiers,faster u going to upgrade it..
Maybe i am wrong..

Atm sure decreased in value, most of the stuff had at least 1 ok tier rate.
If your bad tier item had 10-20-15-30-155-10-5-10 rates, is the same 155 tier now like an all 100+ tier item.
Items converted in this VU will have much higher tier rates in average vs the new items created after VU.
Every t0 item converted is in average will match the best from the next 10 from after vu.

As my soc mate said, my sincere condolences to the one, who get the first tier rate 1 uber gun from mayhem token trader.

Atm sure decreased in value, most of the stuff had at least 1 ok tier rate.
If your bad tier item had 10-20-15-30-155-10-5-10 rates, is the same 155 tier now like an all 100+ tier item.
Items converted in this VU will have much higher tier rates in average vs the new items created after VU.
Every t0 item converted is in average will match the best from the next 10 from after vu.

As my soc mate said, my sincere condolences to the one, who get the first tier rate 1 uber gun from mayhem token trader.

Another hypothetical future could be that the armor upgrade comes out, everyone who
wants their UL armor changed to a type that have similar system as L armor have when
it comes to linear protection, must upgrade parts in a mission, and when the armor is
updated it creates a new item.
These new items will not have as high tier values as armor parts have today... ;)

Personaly with some testing it appears they slowed tiering even more. in 2 days heavy grinding I wa sunable to get even a single tier gain on my main weapon. As a test I bought a bp s1x1 cux I wanted to skill blp a bit anyway with 170/200 tiering... took me half of rank8 on punys with it to get to tier 0.10.. the tiers shoulda been flying! 170 feels like a 50 used to on a tier0 weap.

Personaly with some testing it appears they slowed tiering even more. in 2 days heavy grinding I wa sunable to get even a single tier gain on my main weapon. As a test I bought a bp s1x1 cux I wanted to skill blp a bit anyway with 170/200 tiering... took me half of rank8 on punys with it to get to tier 0.10.. the tiers shoulda been flying! 170 feels like a 50 used to on a tier0 weap.

I dont have statistic, but based on how it feels, i think the UL armor set i use tiering about the same speed.

Ubertier L items sure fixed, 2136/4000 tier tt excavator reached t10 at 0.8p / 3p tt.

This is a known issue and will be fixed in an upcoming patch. The affected conversion mission has been disabled until then.

Please file a support case and the correct attributes will be applied to your avatar.

I presume this is why when I tried to convert tokens yesterday the npc did not respond?

It's really item dependent. I've been wanting to tier up my Imp. Excavator, but in the years I've held it, I only got a few tenths of an increase. I've gone up that same amount in a week now.

yes its very ,uch item dependant.. my armor is flying!! t1 vigi I get a tier gain eveyr couple hits.. sometimes 3 gains ina row... but with my pistol t8 90/200.. ive done mulakF ranks 6/7 ulakhir ranks 6/7.. mulmun ranks 6/7/8/9/10/11 and 2 ranks of something else i forget... all since vu and not a single tier gain 8-10kped cycled. for a single 0.01 increase that is ridiculous slow

enhancer changes
  • the chance for enhancers to break is now directly and linearly proportional to the benefit provided. Similar to how the old tier increase rate system resulted in many outliers that made some items very slow to tier up, the enhancer break chance calculation resulted in several strange outliers.
  • while the break chance was always influenced by the benefit provided to the item being enhanced, it has now been changed to be exactly proportional to the benefit provided, for all items. this means that a damage enhancer inserted into a low-damage item such as the sollomate opalo will have an extremely low chance of breaking, compared to one attached to a high-damage item such as the unique dub & mccormick terminator.
  • this change also means that different items will have differing break rates for various enhancer types. For example, a high-damage, short-range shortblade will consume range enhancers much more slowly than damage enhancers.

so, aside from paying insane amount of dollars for pixel weapons, then shooting said weapons for years to get some tier progress, finding materials and commiting more money on top of the money already spent on this weapon, to tier weapon 10 times, and then enhancing all those slots with 400% mark up enhancers, i guess you feel since ive already committed so much money to this item, i guess im just expected to always spend more and more?!

Im seeing the patterns but im not seeing any logic being used.

Maybe if i wasnt paying 400% mark up for damage enhancers, if mindark sold dmg enhancers in trade terminal or made pyrite more affordable then i wouldnt mind breaking 30 enhancers an hour. I really think these devs got this math formula wrong again.

Are we sure this one is the best formula possible at this time? Or maybe 2 years will go by and then devs will realize they've been doing it wrong all this time??

so, aside from paying insane amount of dollars for pixel weapons, then shooting said weapons for years to get some tier progress, finding materials and commiting more money on top of the money already spent on this weapon, to tier weapon 10 times, and then enhancing all those slots with 400% mark up enhancers, i guess you feel since ive already committed so much money to this item, i guess im just expected to always spend more and more?!

Im seeing the patterns but im not seeing any logic being used.

Maybe if i wasnt paying 400% mark up for damage enhancers, if mindark sold dmg enhancers in trade terminal or made pyrite more affordable then i wouldnt mind breaking 30 enhancers an hour. I really think these devs got this math formula wrong again.

Are we sure this one is the best formula possible at this time? Or maybe 2 years will go by and then devs will realize they've been doing it wrong all this time??

More testing is necessary, but it does seem that the overall enhancer consumption has gone down rather than up. I will be doing some tests with my Master Guard Spiked Club soon, and I think those results will be fairly telling due to it's damage/swing.
My hope is that MA basically used the highest damage/shot weapons as the benchmark for the absolute max enhancer burn, and then lowered the threshold for all the lower damage weapons commensurately. This would result in a net neutral for high damage/shot weapons, and a (significant) net positive for everything below that.
That being said, it would be nice to see MA do something positive for the players who invested so heavily in tiering up high end weaponry...

Tier rate increase on my gun is like 1/10 what it was before for the second time... Since tiering it was kinda my goal I just put it away till it fixed... have to cycle a million ped right now for a lvl… not gonna happen

Not very good update

Since this update..... armor lvling faster but all weapon are slow as hell to grind even at the first tier ....Before a weapon with 50\200 was faster to upgrade then now with 150+ seriously its too long now i am really disapointed.

R.I.P. high TIR item collectors. I had accumulated several items with all ten TIRs above 100, including an M2100, Labrys, FreanD Alpha BLP Pistol Mentor Edition, and Dominax Original Boiga Adjusted.

The system is probably better this way, but somehow I don't think max(t_1, ..., t_10) fairly reflects the goodness of an item's TIRs under the old system.

Really appreciated for these new updates and look forward for more asap.

I have never really paid much attention to the tier system because most all of the weapons I use are (L) type. I think I have a couple that reached tier 10 but were soon used up and so the tier 10 made little difference to me. I can see for level 100 players with UL items it would help.

Just a side note: MA says the way they make their income is decay. I think making the tiers a bit faster, if I am reading this correctly, will do good for most of the players and crafting will be able to sell more enhancers. Not sure about the miners. But in the end all of this creates more decay on more items and hence MA makes the most out of the deal. I guess that is OK because we do love the game and want to keep it around, at least I sure do :).

Back