Consolidated release notes for VU 17.2, 2020/06/02

Svarog

Slayer
Entropia Universe 17.2 Release Notes

Planet Calypso Content Release 2020.0.3

Cyrene June 2nd 2020 VU Notes

Developer's Note
We just wanted to let everyone know, this VU will be more sparse than usual. There's a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes here that takes more time than the usual VU to VU stuff that we've been doing.

We will be showing off some of the upcoming things that are in development during the summer when it's at a point we're comfortable to show.

New Additions
- New Missions
-- Byrd Terminal - Now Accepting All Donations | a simple mission to spawn a group of byg byrds for a new recipe turn in.
--- This is accompanied by a new recipe in the terminal (mentioned above), Zorn Compound A, which is required to spawn the Byg Byrd group for some sweat and few Zorn Star Ingots.
-- Rodney's Universal Ammo | Many players were asking us for a mission to get some universal ammo, so here's the 1st iteration, all feedback is welcome.

- New Area
-- A.R.C. Base | Zorra's been busy fortifying the A.R.C. area, with this base as the 1st installment, she's been trying to get the scientists from Sky Labs to grant instantaneous teleportation to high ranking A.R.C. members...

- Mentors and Disciples
-- Disciple Armor + P.I.G.V. | Any and all disciples that graduate on Cyrene should now be able to acquire this armor.

Changes
- Replaced some tree and other vegetation models that need improvements/optimization.
- Implemented several player found bug fixes.
- Adjusted loot drops across several creatures targeting the following:
-- Creature Hides
-- Low and Medium Grade Components
- Adjusted mining finds for all PvP minerals.
- Quality of life changes for "Find the Rifts" mission.

Information
- Planet Cyrene still does not yet have access to the Codex, to add in Cyrene mobs, more updates to come as we have them. That being said we plan to give Cyrene players ample time to know when the Codex will be implemented as well as the information that not all missions will be automatically added into the codex. There are several new mobs ready that will be added specifically for the Codex.

Known Issues
- The Hub Arenas and Proving Grounds are currently not accepting entry tokens nor are they awarding tokens for kills. This fix may potentially be coming next week with a Mini Patch, still testing and checking.
- The culmination for the chain mission for the Ryvox the Cypher is currently not implemented.
- Support weapons are not currently working properly, this is a platform issue.
- All Cyrene vehicles (P.I.G.V., Spear, Lancer, Dragonfly) have default sounds, this will be addressed in a future patch.
- Some Quality Ratings information in blueprint book: A.R.C. is incorrect, and this issue is still being looked into.
- A supplementary mission for Rank 5 of Brown Beetles to give proper mission rewards is not working correctly and will be fixed in a future VU.

Planet Toulan Release Notes 20.2

New Content :

. New Taming Content

. Introducing Toulan's new tamble creature "Karmoosh Aleef" with the following passive buffs

Skill Gain Pet & Taming 10%
Decrease Critical Damage 3%
Auto Loot 45 Meters

. The Guardian Village Stable, previous placeholder model have now been updated into a new Stable building model.

. New Shack/Hut and a Booth added for the Stable owner.

. Toulan Master Tamer NPC Kenda, have been moved from Nahar City to Stable and now has 2 Missions.

Mission : Taming Karmoosh Aleef

Requires hunting all 5 Wave Spawners Boss Mobs, after completing the mission NPC Kenda will provide a "Karmoosh Aleef Lab Key"

Mission : Give Me Your Karmoosh Lateef

NPC Kenda asks for your "Karmoosh Lateef", she will take it and in return provide you with a "Karmoosh Aleef Lab Key"

. Fauna & Flora Lab 2 Building is now open, containing Karmoosh Aleef Lab, for both a Solo or Team portal entrance to its dedicated instance, which consumes "Karmoosh Aleef Lab Key" for entry.

. The Karmoosh Aleef Lab room requires "Nawacore MK3" as a requirement to enter.

. Changes :

. The New Player Experience (NPE) has been fixed across multiple of its missions

. Fixed some instances/dungeons that previously incorrectly deducted PECs from account at entry

. Various Loot and Mining fixes

. Visual fixes of textures, lighting, Moon glow

. Visual and interior/exterior optimization fixes of Nahar Towers Building

Next Island VU 17.2

New Content

Placed a storage terminal in Orpheus Cave
Placed turrets around estate areas to prevent mob training
Some player owned estates have been built out to their specifications, while others are a work in progress
Craftable combat boat “Reckoning”
Craftable combat boat weapon, “Liberator”
Craftable, texturable, colorable clothing for both M and F avatars
5 new craftable textures can be found on the planet
Player requested Next Island Mankini and Bikini
Lootable PVP zone with pyrite created in north west region of Ancient Greece
A new race quest located south of Paradise Landing
A new daily crafting quest located at Tanzanite View
A new daily hunting quest located south of Oasis Outlook
A new treasure hunt style quest located at Tanzanite View

Known Issues

Particle effects sometimes produce large squares or other graphical defects
Reckoning blueprint displays as a red cross
Mankini (C) and Bikini (C) are not Limited
Mankini not having a Blueprint book
Textures on the new customizable clothing can be faded despite it being 100%. This can be
corrected by applying 1 paint can of any color to the section and putting it to
full failure. This will make the texture show up properly without the color of the paint can
disrupting it.

Fixed Issues
Fixed an issue with onyx drop rate
Fixed an issue with quartz drop rate
Fixed an issue with thyroid oil drop rate
Adjusted ESI drop rate
Fixed an issue with various spawns of mobs were in the wrong areas
Adjusted daudaormur fang drop rate
Rebalanced loot lists for all of Ancient Greece mobs
Fixed an issue with LARA backpack not displaying properly
Rebalanced crafting portion of Mission Chain for the Gorgon’s Shade
Adjusted Gorgon’s Shade spawn parameters so that players only need to turn in the
quest items once in order to spawn the Gorgon’s Shade wave event whenever they want. Players will still need 20k sweat for each spawn
Adjusted Gorgon Wave event, reducing sweat requirement for spawn from 50k to 10k
Adjusted location of the box in “Deliver us from the Dark Queen” quest, so that players can find it easier
Adjusted all ores and enmatters so that quest specific mining is now easier
Added more areas where Next Island ores and enmatters can be found
Adjusted drop rate of drake scales of all types
Adjusted drop rate of cyclops wrist guard
Adjusted drop rate of minotaur horn
Fixed issue where some NI armor could not have armor plates attached
Adjusted Daudaormur “hitbox” areas to make for easier targeting
Fixed issue with light sources in some buildings
Adjusted teleports around Ancient Greece to create efficiency for getting in and out of AG
Fixed an issue where female set of Apocalypse armor was invisible
Fixed an issue where normal Gorgon parts were giving rare swirlies
Fixed an issue with a graphical hole above the cave leading to the Gorgon Wave area
Fixed issues with various texts and dialogues
Fixed an issue where Gorgon’s Shade quest was not tracking correct values
Adjusted various spawn densities and respawn rates per player request
Fixed an issue involving lag around some drake spawns where there was rainfall
Adjusted size of Gorgon and Gorgon’s Shade
Adjusted spawn of Screechers at Crystal Peak.

Planet Arkadia
Rocktropia
Monria

No updates yet.

Every VU I wait for you to do this gathering of information....

Much appreciated!

Why does not MA do this themself?

Every VU I wait for you to do this gathering of information....

Much appreciated!

Why does not MA do this themself?

Because its PP responsibility to advertise and recruit more players by themselves.
Thanks Svarog.

Because its PP responsibility to advertise and recruit more players by themselves.
Thanks Svarog.

Mindark posts platform related stuff. PPs post to their socials. It is either aggregated here or I also have it (as it posts) on ELoot. I am surprised Arkadia hasn't posted anything.

Thanks Svarog!

Thx Svarog.

I hope the Toulan graphical bug that crashes the game at loading for people with low/medium settings has been fixed.

Thanks Svarog.

I always thought that this forum should not be Planet Calypso forum, but Entropia Universe official forum, which would gather the forums of all planets.

They're "partners", right ?

I hope one day it will happen.
I don't see why I have to register on 6 different forums about this game, and it must be quite disturbing for a lot of new players.

Thanks Svarog.

maybe it should be the new community manager's job?

Svarog knows his role!

I always thought that this forum should not be Planet Calypso forum, but Entropia Universe official forum, which would gather the forums of all planets.

I don't see why I have to register on 6 different forums about this game, and it must be quite disturbing for a lot of new players.

Please, no. Their independence is crucial. This forum has an Other Planets section for your convenience.

Please, no. Their independence is crucial. This forum has an Other Planets section for your convenience.

Independence in what ? :dunno:

Each forum would be managed by its owner, just like now.

They would just be grouped on a single website, and you could switch from one to another with the same username/account.
I don't really see how that would change anything, except that it would simplify quite a few things for the users.
And it would be even probably beneficial for every planets.

yes! it's not 6 different games! it's hella annoying already. more annoying again, i have asked them again and again to NOT link facebook into the client loader, but it seems that they never got the memo. they all use Entropia Life and Entropia Wiki and SPACE. Why the added layers of complexity thats more annoying than complex?

Each forum would be managed by its owner, just like now.

They would just be grouped on a single website, and you could switch from one to another with the same username/account.
I don't really see how that would change anything, except that it would simplify quite a few things for the users.
And it would be even probably beneficial for every planets.

Agreed! Everyone would benefit. I don't see how the independence is even a thing, seems flimsy and fake to me. Especially with a single login. And single loot server. Maybe we should meditate on this. RT has some great meditating bongs.

Last edited:
Independence in what ?
Independence in the powers that govern it. And next you're gonna wonder what that's even good for. People don't even know anymore what they sacrifice so easily for laziness.

http://www.entropiaforum.com/forum/forum.php

There is an official Entropia Universe forum with sub forums for other planet partners.
But the majority of the community has always chose to use PCF so it is pretty inactive.

Wow, I've been around for almost 15 years and I didn't even know that one existed. As many others I always considered PCF being the only forum. Even when the Serica drama was around and Iwas looking for another forum to use that one didn't caucht my sight.

http://www.entropiaforum.com/forum/forum.php

There is an official Entropia Universe forum with sub forums for other planet partners.

The one you link is NOT official.

But the majority of the community has always chose to use PCF so it is pretty inactive.

Indeed people use PCF, because it is official. (and I can't check now, but I think it's linked from game launcher so)

PS:

My bad, I answered before I clicked the link, or even look closer at it. :dunce:
I thought you were talking about EntropiaPlanets forum.

After checking the link I see that it is Entropia Forum, a site that I discover for the very first time in 14 years on EU... :confused:

Bertha's posts..
Is this ugly website, that almost nobody knows about, is really an official site ? :scratch:

So it's even worse than I thought, it's not 6 forums on which I have to register, but 7 ! :)

I confirm what I said, I think (this is only my opinion) that all the "official" forums concerning this game should be gathered on a single website.

Last edited:
Independence in the powers that govern it. And next you're gonna wonder what that's even good for. People don't even know anymore what they sacrifice so easily for laziness.

I'll not even answer that since I don't feel at all concerned.. :dunce:
I've been banned 3 times from this forum already.. :rolleyes:

Anyway I already explained, all forums would be on same website but each managed by its owner.
Again I don't know how that would be bad, and obviously you don't know either..

I don't really care anyway, now I let do, I was just saying.. :)

I've been banned 3 times from this forum already.. :rolleyes:
Anyway I already explained, all forums would be on same website but each managed by its owner.

Good way to get banned from info of all planets at once :).

I don't believe in keeping all eggs in one basket.

The one you link is NOT official.

Indeed people use PCF, because it is official. (and I can't check now, but I think it's linked from game launcher so)

PS:

My bad, I answered before I clicked the link, or even look closer at it. :dunce:
I thought you were talking about EntropiaPlanets forum.

After checking the link I see that it is Entropia Forum, a site that I discover for the very first time in 14 years on EU... :confused:

Bertha's posts..
Is this ugly website, that almost nobody knows about, is really an official site ? :scratch:

So it's even worse than I thought, it's not 6 forums on which I have to register, but 7 ! :)

I confirm what I said, I think (this is only my opinion) that all the "official" forums concerning this game should be gathered on a single website.

Originally, Planet Calypso Forum was NOT an official site.

Few years back, MA bought this forum from 711, i believe, since it was the preferred site for the community, with the most active users.

Entropia Forum is still the Official Entropia Universe Forum.

Next Island: Fixed an issue with thyroid oil drop rate
What does it mean? One player said that there is some bug, they removed thyroid from drop and don`t replaced it with other loot.

Originally, Planet Calypso Forum was NOT an official site.

Few years back, MA bought this forum from 711, i believe, since it was the preferred site for the community, with the most active users.

Entropia Forum is still the Official Entropia Universe Forum.

You mean this POS that barely no one signs up to?

www.entropiaforum.com

Oh thats why everyone crys about no news or communications?

Did no one tell MA how many accounts we need to play this game? And how annoying it is to register and sign in? Or how inconvenient it is when you get a new computer or try to use a temporary one? It's got to be 15 or 20. I bet 50 in some cases. These hoops are annoying enough let alone the other issues. Getting harder to ignore them all...

FORUM HISTORY 101

www.entropiaforum.com
Used to be the main forum, bar none. Period. End of sentence (which is also called a period). It was created by MindBuster, and soon bought by 711.

Calypso used to be the only planet. "Space" was a player-owned TP system to Crystal Palace and Club Neverdie (now FOMA)

And then, MA decided to go the "multiple planets" route. At that time, 711 spun out www.planetcalypsoforum.com and ported the database from the old forum to here. It was meant to be a Calypso-only forum (a move that caused much problems in administrating that rule)

At the same time, he kept the old entropiaforum.com URL, and reopened it with the idea being it would be open to all planets. (in fairness, based on the names of the forums, it makes sense. Just never worked out that way IRL)

Since www.planetcalypsoforum.com had all the historical posts, etc. we all just stayed here.

Eventually, yes, MA bought this forum, with 711 still around helping with "admin stuff".

Class dismissed.

Oh, and thanks for the work Svarog. :)

ef never kicked ass...
In fairness E.P. was pretty dead even when I came around in 2006. Point being entropiaforum was the main Entropia forum for many years before morphing into this forum.

For your other link, I didn't see the need to go into Mindbuster's history, or any of us old mod's history, or any of the main people who made this forum so popular. (Oh sorry, why didn't you point any of them out?) Seemed a bit much for a short quick lesson, but sure. You do you.

Back