Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Avalon Butterfly Erupter
    Society
    AON
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, bitcoin is not inflated?
    You could say Bitcoin is recession proof. You can't manipulate it and the supply is finite. I know, it has a generally bad stigma as far as adoption is concerned. It's not like MA opposes crypto, they did create their own coin.

Dominant
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Laura woody wood
    Society
    Kaos
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aVaLON_52 View Post
    You could say Bitcoin is recession proof. You can't manipulate it and the supply is finite. I know, it has a generally bad stigma as far as adoption is concerned. It's not like MA opposes crypto, they did create their own coin.
    You or i cant manipulate it but a government could quite easy.

As to hyperinflation hopefully ma made the most covid 19 lockdown and stored some cash away because if it does happen most of us will not be thinking about playing games more so about trying to buy a loaf of bread for 100k dollars

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Jo Aloisius Smith
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slick27 View Post

As to hyperinflation hopefully ma made the most covid 19 lockdown and stored some cash away because if it does happen most of us will not be thinking about playing games more so about trying to buy a loaf of bread for 100k dollars
    Yeah! For sure if I had a printing press that made USD 100s. Buy up all the BTC or all the gold. Actually, if I had all the money I would buy EU and if I couldn't convince anyone there about the potential for a really great state of the art game I'd be like, "You can quit!" Long story short, it would be an epic chapter in the history of our game!

Is there anyone else able to add some interesting informations. You know this moment in history is going to be legendary! How are YOU gonna make out?

Dominant
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Laura woody wood
    Society
    Kaos
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aloisius View Post
    Is there anyone else able to add some interesting informations. You know this moment in history is going to be legendary! How are YOU gonna make out?
    Well at least if it does happen their wont be a shortage of toilet paper in the supermarkets like we seen in the uk

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Jo Aloisius Smith
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well at least if it does happen their wont be a shortage of toilet paper in the supermarkets like we seen in the uk
    Oh haha. Took me a couple minutes to get that one hehe...gettin old fast!

Avalon Butterfly Erupter
    Society
    AON
    Blog Entries

I don't think even the government has the power to manipulate it.
    They do have the power to manipulate USD however, and print the quantitative easing as they see fit.

Dominant
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Laura woody wood
    Society
    Kaos
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aVaLON_52 View Post
    I don't think even the government has the power to manipulate it.
    They do have the power to manipulate USD however, and print the quantitative easing as they see fit.
    Ofc they have the power to manipulate it i can think of a few ways they could go about doing it and all. They could just simply ban it like india did a few years ago then you got 2 choices you lose it all or lose a % trying to cash out in the mad rush to the exit.

Alpha
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Images
    3k to 10k in a year is not inflation or it moving 1k in a day that over 10 percent of it value lol

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Jo Aloisius Smith
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I am learning that it won't be just the USD. If gold is better to hold than cash, then how would holding anything in game and patiently waiting for the SHTF to blow over be good on any level?

I am quite certain theres more than 3 financially adept people on this game. Right?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Kerawan Kerham Maddahy
    Society
    Project Y
    Images
    It doesn't matter (for the game) if USD gets inflation, what matters is to remain the world's first choice of reserve currency. As long as that is true, and as long as PED remains pegged at same untouched rate, it has no relevance how much inflation is there. Of course, as long as we're not on the bring of destruction as worldwide economic system, but let's not smoke illegals, because then whatever happens to Entropia would be my last concern, to be honest.

Then, it already happened in the past, in 2008-2009 and ingame was a bonanza. Wether it was well managed or not, that has to do more with the game systems themselves (high tt ul weapons, for example) than with the financial considerations about USD. But I can say it was great depositing against american rupee back then.

Your best bet is to always keep your money in what you know best. If you're good with stockmarkets, do that. If you're good with crypto, do that. If nothing applies, a savings account/a private pension in your national currency is a way better endeavour than to adventure in something which you don't really know and where you risk meeting a shark at every dot com. Especially trying to provision for a hiccup of a couple of years can be particularly tricky, is a much more volatile margin than over, say, 10 years.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast