Help: Players with RX580 8Gb

Phaser

Prowler
Society
TusaLusa
Phaser Phaser Chaos
Hi all.

I need some help to see if I have a problem with my PC or not.

Any players out there that play EU with a RX580 8GB model?

Could you please inform me about your average FPS in game? In particular around in cities with more avatars?

Also please tell me what settings you are using in-game (low-med-high,etc).

Thank you.

Edit:
oh it must be at 1920x1080 res.
:cool:

Hi all.

I need some help to see if I have a problem with my PC or not.

Any players out there that play EU with a RX580 8GB model?

Could you please inform me about your average FPS in game? In particular around in cities with more avatars?

Also please tell me what settings you are using in-game (low-med-high,etc).

Thank you.

Edit:
oh it must be at 1920x1080 res.
:cool:

It may be related to this:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?316295-Memory-Leak

RX 470 4 Gig Very High, 1680 x 1050 resolution. No idea on FPS though.

What is the rest of your setup? There may be a bottleneck in your system elsewhere?

I have 2 systems with 8Gb rx580 1 with Aorus and 1 with the Armor tbh i hate the aorus card it runs hot, hangs posts lower and is generally a pain in my ass.

The only time i see it slow though is when the memory leak issue causes the game to crash entirely. I dont think ive ever seen just an fps drop and then go back to normal again which is why i suspect it might be something else in your system

Ok, a bit more explaining:

My specs are:

AMD Athlon x4 860k (FM2+ socket)

16gb ram 1866mhz

I was using a R7 280x card, while not that great, I played at high with a bit low fps in some areas.

Now, I got a new rx580 from power color, and for example, inside of the trade center in fort fury I get around 30 to 40 fps at high settings (motion blur off, i dont like it in games). In some areas with nothing happening I get around 75 fps due to free sync since my monitor only does 75hz.

All my other games run fine, in fact, I play with a nice graphics setup with constant 75 fps in No Man sky.

The problem I have is a friend of mine (irl) also plays EU has a similar system with a rx570 4gb and has higher fps. So.... WTF???

I do not have crashes , the game runs well, I just wanted to pull more fps from it and probably have a nice setting at max settings but it seams impossible.

I guess then, it is a bad coding from MA part, since we already know how MA fixes many things...

No memory leak also, I run the game and play for a hour or more using afterburner to display ram usage, cpu usage, etc and hardly hit the 16gb mark and my video card runs around with 5 to 6gb ram usage.

So, I really just wanted to compare with other people using the same card to see if they have better or similar results like me.

Thanks for replying.
:smoke:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Mega again.

Ok, a bit more explaining:

My specs are:

AMD Athlon x4 860k (FM2+ socket)

16gb ram 1866mhz

I was using a R7 280x card, while not that great, I played at high with a bit low fps in some areas.

Now, I got a new rx580 from power color, and for example, inside of the trade center in fort fury I get around 30 to 40 fps at high settings (motion blur off, i dont like it in games). In some areas with nothing happening I get around 75 fps due to free sync since my monitor only does 75hz.

All my other games run fine, in fact, I play with a nice graphics setup with constant 75 fps in No Man sky.

The problem I have is a friend of mine (irl) also plays EU has a similar system with a rx570 4gb and has higher fps. So.... WTF???

I do not have crashes , the game runs well, I just wanted to pull more fps from it and probably have a nice setting at max settings but it seams impossible.

I guess then, it is a bad coding from MA part, since we already know how MA fixes many things...

No memory leak also, I run the game and play for a hour or more using afterburner to display ram usage, cpu usage, etc and hardly hit the 16gb mark and my video card runs around with 5 to 6gb ram usage.

So, I really just wanted to compare with other people using the same card to see if they have better or similar results like me.

Thanks for replying.
:smoke:

Pretty sure the culprit is the 860k.
The RX 580 is too much for the CPU you have, its being bottlenecked hard.
You should upgrade the CPU to a ryzen 3600 or 2600.

Edit: Do not forget that an MMO behaves diferently to a normal offline game. An MMO asks a lot more of the CPU than an offline game.

Pretty sure the culprit is the 860k.

It's not.

Only have this problem in EU.
If it would be a CPU bottleneck if in my tests, the usage of the CPU would close to 100% and it rarely reaches 50%,
RAM takes around 14MB constantly but then again, my pc also had 8gb in the past and it would take 4 or 5gb usage.

I do not know if many people notice this, but for me, its how the engine is tuned.

EVE online, no problem, No Man's Sky 75fps on average, most all of the games I play have a stable FPS, only EU fps jump like crazy.

Contrary of popular belief, a 4 core processor is more then enough to play EU.
Also I did mentioned a friend of mine have a similar specs pc with a RX 570 4gb and gets a bit more performance then me, that is what really have me banging my head.

It is not that I do have a smooth experience in EU, compared with the older R7 280x card, the game quality has improved, the sad part is that I thought I could pull out more performance, but with EU guess that wont happen.

Back