Suggestion: Ability to remove a bid on the auction

aVaLON_52

Elite
Society
ᴄʀɪᴍꜱᴏɴ ᴅᴇᴠɪʟꜱ
Avalon Butterfly Erupter
Requesting implementation of the ability to remove a bid.

Often times players will create an inflated markup on the buyout be it intentional or not, occasionally players will accidently bid and get stuck in the trap of overbidding because they mistook 8900000% for 890000% or something to that effect.

So IF a player has not been outbid, they should be able to remove their bid (no fees charged etc).

reply +1 if you support this message.

Thank you.

This will also have negative impact. If i get a bid on my item i am sure atleast i will get the sb but if this is implemented even if i get a bid i need to wait for it to actually sell.

This will also have negative impact. If i get a bid on my item i am sure atleast i will get the sb but if this is implemented even if i get a bid i need to wait for it to actually sell.

Perhaps include a feature wheras if your bid placed sits for say 5-10 minutes, then it's locked in. That should solve the that issue.

If you overbid another player that player gets his money back, if you then remove your bid mindark cant just go and take the ped from that other player especially if he/she spent it on something else.
You would need to keep the peds from multiple players locked in till new bids are counted as valid.
This would however lead to the next issue if you enter the bidding contest in the last 5min before auction runs out - if the bid can be removed to the last second, would you have to extend the auction ? if you extend the auction wouldnt that open up the auction to all kinds of extended bidding battles at zero expense to the bidders only playing to run each other out of time ?
Also how about the seller who gets last minute bids only to see them removed and his items timing out with no bids.
Or what if someone keeps removing rebidding holding an auction 'hostage' while pming the seller a separate offer for the item ? What about fraudulent 'seller' who use 'friends' to simulate heavy overpriced bidding till someone else is tempted to bid ?

just allow the lock thing on pedcard and auctioneer as they do for items in inventory.... If you don't want to use your peds to bid high lock em up so you cannot.

You can sort of do that now if you just extract all ped and pec from the card as auction won't work unless peds are in the card...

so, extract all your peds and stop visiting the auctioneer. Maybe go somewhere like the prison on RT where minimum access to auction takes place for a few months to re-evaluate your social connection with the brown coats.

No Sir, wrong approach. If you place a bid you declare that you want to buy the item for the amount of PED you placed.
like in RL (not talking about ebay) if you visit an auction and raise your hand, you place a bid and it is final.

i do really wonder about a lot of people here. they spend a lot of their time doing math to find out best equipment for this and that and how to spend PED effectively and to minimize loss. But it seems a lot of them forget to take their brains with them when visiting auction house.

Using a notation like 2,000,000.00% instead of 2000000.00% could help a little.

Some people may be playing while heavily intoxicated or exhausted after work, this leads to all kinds of stupid mistakes.

As a solution to this the devs could introduce a warning message, say you're about to buy something from AH that is priced way above the average MU, then you would get a popup message in the middle of your screen with red text on it, saying that the item is greatly overpriced compared to average monthly or weekly MU. I think this would stop most people from committing the mistake OP described.

Better idea to charge the OP with 10% of BO then that would stop those darwinian challenges.

I can see a couple ways for this to be exploited from both sides.
People just need to pay more attention.
Implementing punctuations to large numbers would help.

No Sir, wrong approach. If you place a bid you declare that you want to buy the item for the amount of PED you placed.
like in RL (not talking about ebay) if you visit an auction and raise your hand, you place a bid and it is final.

i do really wonder about a lot of people here. they spend a lot of their time doing math to find out best equipment for this and that and how to spend PED effectively and to minimize loss. But it seems a lot of them forget to take their brains with them when visiting auction house.

Anything is possible. Just because things are done a certain way doesn't mean it's the same on every platform. If a player can decide to sell something, make a mistake in the numbers and then cancel his sale, bidder should have same privilege. You can look at auction now, there are always similarly named items, useless items with ridiculously high markups, all it takes is one mistake and you just have that other player an auction HOF.

Some people may be playing while heavily intoxicated or exhausted after work, this leads to all kinds of stupid mistakes.
or after pushing through 600 cornoanterions in one sitting to try to finish the iron... and then logging in the next day and thinking "omg no why did I bid on that..."

Anything is possible. Just because things are done a certain way doesn't mean it's the same on every platform. If a player can decide to sell something, make a mistake in the numbers and then cancel his sale, bidder should have same privilege. You can look at auction now, there are always similarly named items, useless items with ridiculously high markups, all it takes is one mistake and you just have that other player an auction HOF.

if you code the game in the way to avoid human stupidity it would no longer be playable.

Your gear is not good enough, do you really want to shoot that mob? Yes / No
Your gear is to high for this mob, do you really want to shoot it? Yes / No
All trades are final, did you understand? Yes / No

Sooner or later everyone is pissed and is always clicking yes or I agree

No doubt, auction needs a complete redesign, a lot of good ideas are already posted at the forum. But if you eliminate as much as possible the human (error) factor the game would lose a lot of it's charme.

A personal setting on your PED Card that decides when a warning message is triggered could also help, still possible then to pay too high MU of course for something with a small or close to zero tt value but total damage done is limited.
The difference of average MU paid compared to your own bid actually could be shown in that message or generally before confirmation, in both % and PED. So not a warning that is always the exact same message that people tend to quickly ignore after getting used to, if the difference is shown you would have to confirm a big number to make a big mistake.

Last edited:
Back