please fix autoloot buff stacking

Society
Titans of Space
John Black Knight
Most players usually use one way of autoloot be it pill,item or pet which do come in various range, however like with all buffs the autoloot buff icon does show the categories Strength,Item, Action, Total were it differs is that its missing a maximum cap in the icon.
After some testing i can say that the maximum total that can be achieved in the buff icon is as follows:
25m(left hand ring) + 25m (right hand ring) + 50m (augmented loot pill) + 45m (pet) = 145m (total)
The Strength effect listed however will always just be the one of the strongest single effect eg. 50m in the above example.
While it seems to be obvious that a 145m lootrange could be abit much as it would create a mobile sphere around a player of 290m diameter and potentially could create extensive lag depending on how loot checks are implemented, there should be multiple way to reach max range, eg. if there is already a pill that gives 50m then why should 2 rings giving 25m each not be able to give the same ?
Why should it not be possible to stack a 32m pet and a 25m ring to reach atleast 50m if thats the intended max
or whichever the intended max range is supposed to be.

Please also consider that while a looting range planetside of 50m might be considered fully sufficient when it comes to space its wholly inadequate as it forces ships to line up a number of mobs to shoot in looting range before it makes sense killing them otherwise the slow privateers and motherships would have to zigzag accross 3d space to loot separate mobs for separate gunners.
The later was my main motivation to obtain 2 lootrings(left and right hand) and do the tests hoping i would be able to achieve 80-100m looting range in space so my gunners could loot at shooting range of 90m and we could stop the whole collect/line up/shoot circle and just hunt like normal people do planetside.
So maybe since there is is no longer a manual way of looting in space, please consider that autoloot buff is mandatory to loot in space and allow extended stacking - the max cap(range) does not need to be the same as planetside.

For comparision i have attached a picture of several buffs and there respective stacking and included autoloot to show up the difference.

autoloot_issue_buff_effect_comparison.jpg

Please also consider that with the recent influx of autoloot pets (arkmoon/potentially toulan) there will be alot more players using autoloot and a number of them might try to stack them to loot at their respective guns shooting range and speed up their killrate/cycling.

A few weeks ago I tried space hunting with Victory MS. I used TT pills, and even stuck directly into the body of a mob... after ~5-6 mobs I just stopped because I couldn't take any of the loots. I don't think this is normal even for TT pills, and the 100 meters you are talking about should be comfort, not for normal play. And what can I do in my case with TT pills, jump from the MC to the corpse to get my loot?... it's just ridiculous.

I keep my hope hope Q1 to be soon and they not work now just for next "interact"... but like i see the simple bug can't be fixed a year here. So who know, maybe next interact is huge jump for the developers here.

+1

I am complaining about this bug on MA support since so many months now.
MA support ignores it and only supports me by closing the support cases.

MindArk communicates unmistakably that they do not want us to deposit thousands of US$ for building up this stacked buff.
@My|MindArk, we want to throw money at you, why do you dodge it by all means?
Support and bug fixing already closed due to excessive wealth?

+1

I am complaining about this bug on MA support since so many months now.
MA support ignores it and only supports me by closing the support cases.

MindArk communicates unmistakably that they do not want us to deposit thousands of US$ for building up this stacked buff.
@My|MindArk, we want to throw money at you, why do you dodge it by all means?
Support and bug fixing already closed due to excessive wealth?

I tested this and sent support case years ago. I would think it's a clear bug that's easy to correct since the total combined loot range actually shows in the tool tip and there is no limit specified as with other buffs.

fix it by doing away with the max on this and all other maxes. The fact that buffs can stack to go above the max just means the max is too damn low to begin with.

Make it so we can go super duper uber without some silly max.imum. Make it so that when future buffs go out we can make Mindark Avatars look like puny mob.

Last edited:
So the buffs dont stack? It's just the effect of the highest individual buff?

fix it by doing away with the max on this and all other maxes. The fact that buffs can stack to go above the max just means the max is too damn low to begin with.

There is no max specified for autoloot.

i stoped hunt in space cause of this issue, i had 5 mobs killed while i was in a MS chair, and i lost all the loot cause MS turn the way on the other side, so i watched how the loot go..into space

was my last time i had a hunting session in space, and wont be again until i m able to loot what i kill

its not a max issue its that any 2 or more autoloots dont stack.. game only uses the highest one. so like if you have a ring with 25m and a pill it only uses the ring... if you have 2 25m rings it only uses one.. if you have a 55m and a 25m ring it only uses the 55m ring... etc. in space particularly this needs to be fixed as the gun ranges are long and mobiliy isnt even comparable to riding a beached whale! =p

its not a max issue its that any 2 or more autoloots dont stack.. game only uses the highest one. so like if you have a ring with 25m and a pill it only uses the ring... if you have 2 25m rings it only uses one.. if you have a 55m and a 25m ring it only uses the 55m ring... etc. in space particularly this needs to be fixed as the gun ranges are long and mobiliy isnt even comparable to riding a beached whale! =p

They stack visually as the buff icon shows them stacking, it just doesn't work that way in practice.

As I see it, there are others who have hunted without taking their loot.
The loot in space can even be automatic, these mobs are expensive and the access to them is not physical as on a planet.

As I see it, there are others who have hunted without taking their loot.
The loot in space can even be automatic, these mobs are expensive and the access to them is not physical as on a planet.

Yeah all ships should be equipped with a loot tractor beam or zone that is active for all occupants. Maybe allow that area to be buffed with rings or pills but there should be a really good distance where people can loot creatures or at least drag them close enough to loot.

Back