Summer Mayhem 2020

I don't partake in these Mayhem events, pretty much don't hunt

I certainly feel bad for all the participants that tried hard, spent a lot of PED to try and get a placing, only to have been pushed aside by some exploiting knob (and its usually the same suspects over and over again ,that keep getting away with it).

I don't think you're alone in those sentiments either. I think a lot of players feel the way you do.

Hopefully MA can so some digging and try to "right" a "wrong" as best as they can.

I think all known exploiters should definitely have action taken against them -- and I'd like to see the innocent competitors compensated in some way. That may be wishful thinking on my part, as it may be difficult to carry out. We'll see.

I'm definitely with you on banning exploiters.

But just banning all players who used the pets might be a dangerous road to travel.

A case could be made for the people who own these pets, that they were just spawning the pets to level them. Not everyone who spawned the pets were innocent, but there had to have been some. There had to have been a few people who may not have even been aware of the exploit, and by virtue of just spawning their pet they might get banned? That doesn't seem fair either.

The difficult part here is going to be proving intention.

Without some sort of chat log or evidence that the person knew about the pet exploit how are you going to prove intention?

With the money people invest in Mayhem, I think it's worth at least doing some digging. Searching player's chat history for keywords like "yog" etc. Maybe these players talked about the buff and were well aware of the buff, in which case if they used it, knowing it was an exploit that gave them an advantage, I'd like to see MA take some sort of punitive action against them.

I'm not defending cheaters/exploiters. I'm just putting forth the idea that MA should be careful with the ban hammer and not just ban everyone that owned or spawned the pet, without looking into it, because we don't want to see innocent people get punished for the actions of the exploiters.

I don't envy MA's position here. They're likely to have a group of upset people with w.e. decision they make. Hopefully justice is carried out as equitable as possible without harming or hindering innocent players in the process.

Agree, an all-out ban on Yog users would be excessive.

I understand Yog has no function in hunting, rather only in excavation for miners.

Hence a quick workaround to allow the majority back to hunting in Mayhem. Disable spawning of Yog in the Mayhem instances (suggest also any other shared loot instances, Sand Kind, Feff Pit, etc etc)

Rest can be investigated once an immediate workaround is in place.

my2pecs

Since there have been support cases from multiple players regarding this and it has not been fixed, I will ask publicly...

How about disabling Yog Horror and Yog Hatchling pets so they don't give 25% and 10% reload buff for *weapons* above the 30% reload limit?

Say whaaaatttttt??!!! My mind is blown

I feel like I was the last person to know about this exploit or something lol.

waiting to see the outcome probs nothing happens :D

Last edited:
I'd say some consequences are needed to make exploiters not exploit again for sure

nvm.................

Last edited:
I have Green, all systems online, but Launch button wont highlight. Not functional. :scratch2::mad:

( I only have a cat. He gives No hunting Buffs and never spawned in instances.)

They are making a server hotfix (whatever that should be) it says will work in max 1h.

I'd say some consequences are needed to make exploiters not exploit again for sure

Indeed. There is a precedent: people that exploited in Cyclops Depths are pema banned from that instance but they are able to play the game. Same should happen with cheaters in Mayhems. Perma ban from global instances so no more events

Indeed. There is a precedent: people that exploited in Cyclops Depths are pema banned from that instance but they are able to play the game. Same should happen with cheaters in Mayhems. Perma ban from global instances so no more events

Maybe a bit harsh. I'd say banned from events until maybe Jan. 2022

Yes! If DannyO was an example, others should be banned aswell!

DannyO was exploiting a mindark avatar item, which nobody else in game had access to. The difference here is that this is an in game bug due to poor coding on an item that technically anyone in game could have used.

Isn't it strange that the Yog is the only pet that doesn't give a visible "buff" on the buff bar? Why is that? It's been that way for years. Mindark even listed it as a release note that the buff is active although it does not show up properly, so who is really to blame here?

DannyO was exploiting a mindark avatar item, which nobody else in game had access to. The difference here is that this is an in game bug due to poor coding on an item that technically anyone in game could have used.

Isn't it strange that the Yog is the only pet that doesn't give a visible "buff" on the buff bar? Why is that? It's been that way for years. Mindark even listed it as a release note that the buff is active although it does not show up properly, so who is really to blame here?

Still an exploit, and a very profitable one...given that it wasn't common/public knowledge, so I assume this exploit was purposefully kept secret among a group of players for personal gain.

i wanna hear what mindark say about that issue..

Can anyone also give us some informations:
- how do exactly that pet buff work? what advantage do it have?
- Since when?

thanks for answers

Can we please have a statement from MA.

Ludwig is on the thread. This is a clear case for some proactive communication with your customers, please.

1. What is the patch expected to do?
2. Has the patch actually been tested successfully?
3. What are MA's next steps with regards to "history of usage yog/exploit" - doesn't have to be detailed at this stage but as customers, we deserve some transparency.

Still an exploit, and a very profitable one...given that it wasn't common/public knowledge, so I assume this exploit was purposefully kept secret among a group of players for personal gain.

There should be a statement from some official like a list of names that have accounts locked until this is resolved.

Maybe some skills reset to 1 and so on. Rules and penaltyes should be the same for all, if not there is a big problem and we and the money we invest are taken for fools.

I agree with you. The Danny O situation doesn't match this situation exactly. They have many similarities, and you listed the differences.

I do hope known exploiters, who abused the pet buff for personal gain during Mayhem receive some sort of punishment, but I think MindArk should be careful to make sure the punishment fits the crime.

I don't partake in these Mayhem events, pretty much don't hunt any more.

As far as I can remember, almost every one of these events has raised some new exploit that is/was being used. I wonder if we will ever see a time where there are no exploits introduced.

I certainly feel bad for all the participants that tried hard, spent a lot of PED to try and get a placing, only to have been pushed aside by some exploiting knob (and its usually the same suspects over and over again ,that keep getting away with it).

This.
Already spent alot and this is my first mayhem and I have to say,after so many events how can this still happening?:scratch2::mad:

I propose few things for the users who use the "xxx pet"

1 if they use it on the daily hunt only :

- banned temoporary for 1 year
- reset the skils from 0 (ZERO)
- acces to next events must be restricted

2 if they use it on events :

-the prizes won during use the pet must be canceled asap
- the ranking restored and send apologize to all players
- banned permanently (the same how they make with lvl 13 amp )
- obligation to pay the damage caused (take the items and relisted to global auction)

I wish u GL and HOF's to all

James Francis Cameron

pec make ped .. ped make $ but make it fair pls

Agree.
Ban from Events.

Since there have been support cases from multiple players regarding this and it has not been fixed, I will ask publicly...

How about disabling Yog Horror and Yog Hatchling pets so they don't give 25% and 10% reload buff for *weapons* above the 30% reload limit?

Hahaha that explains allot!
I know one avatar that got lots of good loots as reward from MA on Gorgon instance using this ugly looking creature!
So why ban them? give them 10k points bonus MA! You always knew who deserves to be " stimulated "...

I only found out today about this bug. And apparently people been abusing it for 2+ years (it's probably even longer, my guess is not long after pet got released).

It's a massive undertaking if MA is gonna check logs that far back and ban all people retroactively.

However what they can do is ban those fuckers who obviously knew about this and made profit renting these yog pets. Those who abused it a lot should get a ban like DannyO. And banned from all future events.

Also all pets should be blocked in mayhem ínstances to prevent something like this from happening again. You guys better not start servers again until you've blocked pets in the instance! :mad:

I don't even compete yet my blood is raging with fury. So can barely imagine how those who do it regularly are feeling right now.

I do hope known exploiters, who abused the pet buff for personal gain during Mayhem receive some sort of punishment, but I think MindArk should be careful to make sure the punishment fits the crime.

If Mindark banned players who trapped big marci from ever entering the instance, what punishment would fit this "crime", which causes a massive amount of frustration among all players, ruins MA's image big time and diminishes their marketing efforts since players stop competing because of a handful of exploiters that are left alone. What if suddenly we all start using exploits, would this game ever see new players ever?

If ppl are found guilty of using this pet exploit in past events they should be perma banned :)

Haha thats funny. What if it's all MA? Sounds a bit like RL right now. Ban the police, sigh.

I never even knew about this. AFAIK there isn't even a price boost on the small yog pet. Looking back it does seem strange about the demand for the horror.

This game is perfect microcosm of RL. The entire civilization depends on corruption.

Has it ever occured to anyone that we are the game?

Last edited:
I have many videos on my channel where you can see those players with the reload buff way over the max limit....

Send these videos to MA..... proof and they should ban them.

Back