Buying: Taming set

morey

Elite
Society
Freelancer
Aurisk Morey Kenbi
Looking for a set. Rings / ul whip / amp

Let me know if you are selling. Thanks!

suggestion - check auction. Taming rings are dirt cheap now vs when they first came out... UL whips are too...

Suggest getting a few whips...

I personally use ul adjusted boiga for the big boys, ul cobra for times whne the boiga's tt value is too low but tame isn't completed yet, ul moccasin for average tames on mid-hp critters (this whip has tt value that dies quickly), and ul viper whip for little 10 hp mobs or for final few hits on a bigger critter to keep it from dying on me before the tame happens...

Depending on your goals, I'd say boiga and moccasin may be best set up if you are on a budget. I see boiga in lots of shops and auction regularly...

High TT stuff like UL Mamba is hard to find... and honestly I'm not sure if it'd be such a good idea to have something like that with the way the repair system works as you will need to pay more to keep it up in the long run than you will with something like a boiga that is about 20 usd or so full tt value.

I'm not currently selling unfortunately... unless that is you are looking to buy the entire zoo at the same time...(if so pm and we can talk)

I have not been shopping around lately, but think I remember seeing some boiga at Morningtear castle shop a few months ago. https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-Castle-Shop&p=3600150&viewfull=1#post3600150 - more than likely you can find them cheaper on auction.

Amps also are constantly on auction...

I'd honestly suggest forgetting the taming ring and just go with another ring... since the taming buff really does not help you actually tame many more than you would otherwise. It'd be nice if it did, but it doesn't seem to help much most of the time... better to get buffs with extra life, defense,.. ares may be a bad way to go as it may cause you to overkill, which kind of defeats the purpose of taming... defense rings and health rings are better in that regard imho.

Also, focus on other melee stuff too since the extra melee stuff will buff up your avatar in other ways that can be beneficial in this profession.

It IS possible to only use an UL viper whip up to a certain point, but it is extremely painful to do so since it's such a horrible dps weapon...

best to use that only on the little puny stuff like the bristlehog, arret, etc. Each whip has it's own mob level to go after... but the way the loot 2.0 stuff works it doesn't really matter if you over-armor or over plate a bit since the decay from the armor will come back to you....

one nice thing about taming is that the mob will loot without you having to knock down 100% of the health, at least most of the time, assuming the tame is a success. Good luck!

Last edited:
Ah thanks for the tip. Yeah!

Got ul Whip and amp, will wait for ring to come. No rush.

If you want a large amount of taming skills in bulk PM me

Back