Summer Mayhem Update

Status

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
A pet buff issue was identified earlier today, which allowed an avatar to receive an unintended attack speed buff beyond the normal buff limits.

This issue has been corrected in a server hotfix that was implemented during the past two hours.

Our team was able to identify a small number of Summer Mayhem participants who had this unintended buff active, and their Summer Mayhem scores have been reset. This affected only a small number of avatars: 5 participants in Summer Mayhem Annihilation, and 7 participants in Summer Mayhem Assault.

We appreciate your patience during the unexpected downtime caused by this issue.

Originally Posted Here

only a reset.. FU.. let them pay those 2h off downtime!

Will there be an investigation to usage of those pets in past mayhems ?

SO many people exploited this bug in past events and were starting to do it on this one with 0 fucks. And you guys only reset their scores? Do you honestly think that's acceptable?

Nobody would use this pet in the instance unless they knew about the exploit...

Where's the banhammer? Do you really give a shit about exploiters?

A small number of participants in this Mayhem that has yet to of even started.
What about all the Mayhem events over the years since this pet came to be.

Shameful

Now those insane score makes sense

A small number of participants in this Mayhem that has yet to of even started.
What about all the Mayhem events over the years since this pet came to be.

Shameful

Maybe MA should pay those ppl for finding the bug?

I really think Corona got to MA's brains atm.

I love how MindArk claims it was, "unintended effects."

Because people with thousands of dollars invested in the game are going to "accidentally," have a miner-buff pet out while farming an event with real-dollar valued prizes.

7 participants in Summer Mayhem Assault.

Only on first day.

On the past 2 years I was wondering how could the 1st one do a time twice as long as the second.
I mean the difference between the 1st and the 2nd was often an hour, which is huge, when the difference between the following ones was only a few minutes, or even only a few seconds...

Now I guess I got the answer.. :rolleyes:

[Reponse to deleted post]

For the record, I am the one who initially reported it to Mindark. I then encouraged other players to report it as well. Further I forced their hand to do something about it by posting HOW RIDICULOUS of a time you can get in mayhem with this buff.

I look forward to competing on a level playing field with all. Thanks for the quick action mindark, you can see the date/timestamp on my support case.

Also, I engaged with several avatars in this community (across multiple socs) to report the SAME bug. I won't name names, but I am comfortable sharing what I have above.

Last edited by a moderator:
A pet buff issue was identified earlier today, which allowed an avatar to receive an unintended attack speed buff beyond the normal buff limits.

This issue has been corrected in a server hotfix that was implemented during the past two hours.

Our team was able to identify a small number of Summer Mayhem participants who had this unintended buff active, and their Summer Mayhem scores have been reset. This affected only a small number of avatars: 5 participants in Summer Mayhem Annihilation, and 7 participants in Summer Mayhem Assault.

We appreciate your patience during the unexpected downtime caused by this issue.

Originally Posted Here

I propose few things for the users who use the "xxx pet"

1 if they use it on the daily hunt only :

- banned temoporary for 1 year
- reset the skils from 0 (ZERO)
- acces to next events must be restricted

2 if they use it on events :

-the prizes won during use the pet must be canceled asap
- the ranking restored and send apologize to all players
- banned permanently (the same how they make with lvl 13 amp )
- obligation to pay the damage caused (take the items and relisted to global auction)

I wish u GL and HOF's to all

James Francis Cameron

pec make ped .. ped make $ but make it fair pls

For the record, I am the one who initially reported it to Mindark. I then encouraged other players to report it as well. Further I forced their hand to do something about it by posting HOW RIDICULOUS of a time you can get in mayhem with this buff.

I look forward to competing on a level playing field with all. Thanks for the quick action mindark, you can see the date/timestamp on my support case.

Also, I engaged with several avatars in this community (across multiple socs) to report the SAME bug. I won't name names, but I am comfortable sharing what I have above.

So if Xen wouldn't have said anything, you would've gotten 1st place again?
Last Mayhem was the same deal? You desperately tried to show MA what can be done, and they ignored it, and you ended up 1st? :)

So if Xen wouldn't have said anything, you would've gotten 1st place again?
Last Mayhem was the same deal? You desperately tried to show MA what can be done, and they ignored it? :)

No, not at all. Guess how Xen found out? From Me. Before you point the finger without all the facts, know that I've been working to get the PROBLEM RESOLVED, which it now is.

It will be interesting to see if the individuals who exploited the pet are allowed to still partake in this mayhem of if they will be DQ'd.

The only reason I bring this up is because MA has just stated that they wiped their scores, and nothing in regards to them being allowed or not being allowed to continue to compete.

Last edited:

This was good to see, I'm glad you reported it!

It should be relatively easy for MA to check logs on previous scores in the past years and compare after this years event now that no exploit pets exist anymore.

Those who obviously got unreasonably too good score compared to majority was probably exploiting.
Will they do that? No, they couldn't even bother to do a punishment for those caught in the act this year. Clearly showing they don't care about exploits unless a majority of the EU population know about it and it starts to affect their reputation negatively.

I hope every single player that abused this exploit gets banned, or punished heavily.

When you encounter an exploit you report it and stop using it immediately, the "everyone could do it" excuse is just that, a poor excuse.

Give them the ban hammer, I'm sick of it always being the same people using exploits and bots and never being punished.

It's the cancer of this game.

It should be relatively easy for MA to check logs on previous scores in the past years and compare after this years event now that no exploit pets exist anymore.

Those who obviously got unreasonably too good score compared to majority was probably exploiting.
Will they do that? No, they couldn't even bother to do a punishment for those caught in the act this year. Clearly showing they don't care about exploits unless a majority of the EU population know about it and it starts to affect their reputation negatively.

Calm down, its late in the evening, they just fixed their servers, hotfixed the pet and removed the first scores. I'm pretty sure there will be a follow up. You don't just open up logs from the last years, look at them briefly and come to conclusions based of that. Their lawyers are probably asleep already :laugh:

No, not at all. Guess how Xen found out? From Me. Before you point the finger without all the facts, know that I've been working to get the PROBLEM RESOLVED, which it now is.

I just wish MA check who used Yog for previous Mayhem among those who ranked.. :)

Calm down, its late in the evening, they just fixed their servers, hotfixed the pet and removed the first scores. I'm pretty sure there will be a follow up. You don't just open up logs from the last years, look at them briefly and come to conclusions based of that. Their lawyers are probably asleep already :laugh:

It's currently 9:42 PM here in Sweden. So yes kudos to them for working overtime and fixing the exploit. But based on what they've written on this thread. I felt compelled to express my frustrations because, obviously it seems they don't plan on doing anything about the ones who exploited.

They can also check trade logs, the higher lvl yog that give 25% mining reload cost quite a penny (I've been told that a certain avatar lets call him D. wouldn't even let it go below 10k ped). If they search for all trades done with that 25% mining reload pet, they could find quite a lot of exploiters, including the bastards who rented them out.

Last edited:

It is true that Mystique encouraged me to report the bug. I had actually heard about it previously (not in a Mayhem context) but hadn't thought much of it at the time and Mystique refreshed my memory.

Vs.

Since there have been support cases from multiple players regarding this and it has not been fixed, I will ask publicly...

How about disabling Yog Horror and Yog Hatchling pets so they don't give 25% and 10% reload buff for *weapons* above the 30% reload limit?

:confused:

How about you share all the facts with the community then, ideally before using exploit to place 1st?
Maybe we can help you raise awareness even more and fix the problem, as Auktuma says, work together :)

Maybe you can also help others from outside your soc, to also place 1st and win tokens and demand vendor restock of weapons to buy with cheated tokens...

I consider yours a very weak excuse, especially since you are a good gamer and you could do pretty well without cheating, also considering the access you have at perfect gear to participate with... you also need 55% reload buffs... ? seriously guys?

I hope every single player that abused this exploit gets banned, or punished heavily.

When you encounter an exploit you report it and stop using it immediately, the "everyone could do it" excuse is just that, a poor excuse.

Give them the ban hammer, I'm sick of it always being the same people using exploits and bots and never being punished.

It's the cancer of this game.

I agree with the above and it really is disheartening that they go unpunished and we lose players from the frustration of the passive attitude or pass Mindark gives and allows this to keep continuing.
( destructive neglect on their part )

I don't think MA realizes those players will come right back after ban..as themselves or alts anyway. :smoke:

Soon we will see, i remember the 3 names was on my category assault leaderboard, and 1 of them gone.
Wonder if he will have a new time or not.

Im honestly a bit baffled by all the revelations....

Makes me reinforce my thoughts on "trust noone"... :(

yawn :zzz:

y'all trippin'

Thanks MA for fixing the exploit

Status
Back