Summer Mayhem Update

Status
It is true that Mystique encouraged me to report the bug. I had actually heard about it previously (not in a Mayhem context) but hadn't thought much of it at the time and Mystique refreshed my memory.

The best way to exculpate oneself after using a cheat for 2 years would be to denounce it just when one feels that somehow it will be discovered.

I'm saying this in a general way of course.
I'm not accusing anyone in particular nor a group of people-Inc... :rolleyes:

Aside from timed Events such as Mayhem, if indeed, time to kill is a factor in loot quality in general hunting, then these punks must have ben making some good bank over however long this has been going on for. At a minimum, a leg over everyone else.

Its the players lootpool, defend it :mad:

Are you guys actually saying that this exploit existed for over a year? :eyecrazy:

There will be interesting discussion in Mindark's QA team in the coming days.

:scratch2::scratch2:

They _do_ have one, right?

The best way to exculpate oneself after using a cheat for 2 years would be to denounce it just when one feels that somehow it will be discovered.

I'm saying this in a general way of course.
I'm not accusing anyone in particular nor a group of people-Inc... :rolleyes:

Dude, fuck off. MA can check if they want, I have never owned or borrowed a Yog pet.

how about you share all the facts with the community then, ideally before using exploit to place 1st?
Maybe we can help you raise awareness even more and fix the problem, as auktuma says, work together :)

maybe you can also help others from outside your soc, to also place 1st and win tokens and demand vendor restock of weapons to buy with cheated tokens...

I consider yours a very weak excuse, especially since you are a good gamer and you could do pretty well without cheating, also considering the access you have at perfect gear to participate with... You also need 55% reload buffs... ? Seriously guys?

this!!!!!!!!!!

Why wasn't this public immediately? You'd have forced MA to deal with the issue and/or you'd have semi-level'ed the playing field. The only reason to keep it hidden, whether you'd admit to it or not, is to garner some level of advantage from it. Submitting the support case then is simply just for when you got caught exploiting you can say, "But I reported it to MA, therefore I couldn't possibly be guilty!!" @anonimity

*eyeroll*

Last edited:
Our team was able to identify a small number of Summer Mayhem participants who had this unintended buff active, and their Summer Mayhem scores have been reset. This affected only a small number of avatars: 5 participants in Summer Mayhem Annihilation, and 7 participants in Summer Mayhem Assault.

usual_suspects.jpg

For the record, I am the one who initially reported it to Mindark. I then encouraged other players to report it as well. Further I forced their hand to do something about it by posting HOW RIDICULOUS of a time you can get in mayhem with this buff.

I look forward to competing on a level playing field with all. Thanks for the quick action mindark, you can see the date/timestamp on my support case.

Also, I engaged with several avatars in this community (across multiple socs) to report the SAME bug. I won't name names, but I am comfortable sharing what I have above.

so you knew it was wrong, used it anyway, got 1st place, admitted you knew..... did you give the token back?

Are you guys actually saying that this exploit existed for over a year? :eyecrazy:

It probably has existed since they were introduced... And not long after did certain people with 0 morals notice the exploit and abused it since.

Thanks MA for another Great competition!

EVERY NEW MAYHEM -> NEW ways to CHEAT !
:yay:

i`m not on DannyO`s side, but as he was an EXAMPLE .. for these who was using this "BUG" on the past Mayhems, and was using them on Regular HUNTINGs why not do the same ? Give us the HOPE the game is not lost

Gain an unfair advantage by others, should RESULT on BAN -> Wipe Skills -> Recover Undeserved Rewards

People keep mentioning recent ban example from DannyO. What he did was nothing... It pales in comparison to this exploit that people been doing for years. So many people may have been affected by this in past mayhem events, they lost chance on prizes because someone was cheating.

Check your logs MA, see all who used yogs in past events. See also who used them all the time for regular hunting and for LG. Take your time and BAN them all, reset all their hunting related skills.

Clean this game, and it will act as a deterrent for future cheaters when they know you actually care about keeping this game free from cheaters, there will be less chance that we'll get new ones.

Explain to us MA, how you feel its adequate to just reset these cheater's scores on this Summer Mayhem?
At bare minimum, lock all their accounts pending investigation. Actually enforce what you've said in the past.
MindArk takes the security and integrity of Entropia Universe very seriously[...]
Henrik Nel
CEO MindArk

Last edited:
People keep mentioning recent ban example from DannyO. What he did was nothing... It pales in comparison to this exploit that people been doing for years. So many people may have been affected by this in past mayhem events, they lost chance on prizes because someone was cheating.

Check your logs MA, see all who used yogs in past events. See also who used them all the time for regular hunting and for LG. Take your time and BAN them all, reset all their hunting professions.

Clean this game, and it will act as a deterrent for future cheaters when they know you actually care about keeping this game free from cheaters they will be less chance that we'll get new ones.

Explain to us MA, how you feel its adequate to just reset these cheater's scores on this Summer Mayhem?
At bare minimum, lock all their accounts pending investigation. Actually enforce what you've said in the past.

i dont think they can financially afford to clean the game.. those abusing/misusing/cheating are probably the ones providing substantial deposits that MA needs to function...

quality of code. testing frameworks. state of the art security.
the place where we deposit real money. real money. money.

SO many people exploited this bug in past events and were starting to do it on this one with 0 fucks. And you guys only reset their scores? Do you honestly think that's acceptable?

Nobody would use this pet in the instance unless they knew about the exploit...

Where's the banhammer? Do you really give a shit about exploiters?

I ask you to look at the history of space piracy, in particular NVE's history and how many of those members are still around.

Short answer, no. If you rip off other players by using exploits to gain an unfair advantage they will let it slide with a light ban, if you do something that takes from MA like back in the day when people shot over the server boundary at a mob to prevent it from being able to attack you, they break out the perma ban hammer and auction your account starting at 1ped.

Would be realllllly nice if MA set a clear message about fairness by just perma banning people who knowingly exploit the system no matter who is the victim.

Mindark should not underestimate the ramifications this exploit has had on the game and the already fragile morale of its players.

Examples need to be made of these folks. Even then, I am not sure it will be enough.

i dont think they can financially afford to clean the game.. those abusing/misusing/cheating are probably the ones providing substantial deposits that MA needs to function...

Simple. First time offenders get lower ban period and less punishment on skills. Those who abused many times will get a bigger punishment. If they actually do this it will help them more in the long haul because the most important thing is not the big spenders its the overall TRUST that the playerbase has in MA.

They have to start somewhere. It can't be all talk otherwise people will keep exploiting since they know they will get away with it. I been here since 2006 and every time it's the same shit. New exploit, very few reports it, so MA couldn't care less since it doesn't affect them. Eventually it gets reported by someone on PCF so most people start to know about it, only then do they act on it. This needs to change.

It's pretty late in Sweden, so I'm hoping for something announced tomorrow at the earliest. I, like many of you would like to see justice. This would of course involve going back and seeing who used the exploit in past events.

Sucks that this has been a thing for so long. Sucks that so many people likely missed out on tokens because they competed against exploits. The sad and unfortunate result is that this translates into cheaters having stolen money/prizes from other players... not cool.

Thanks for resetting the board and getting the Yog spawn removed for this Mayhem. Much appreciated, guys!

Dude, fuck off. MA can check if they want, I have never owned or borrowed a Yog pet.

Thanks for the kind words, but the fact I was answering to you don't mean I was talking "about" you.. :)

I just thought it's funny that the report Mystique made to MA, and is proud to show us here, was made 1 day after I made this comment, on this thread, where we see an interesting video.. :yup:

By the way, how's mining in fort event ?
Seeing all those spiders out there, I imagine the claims must be big and take alot of time to extract...

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?316480-Clear-proof-of-aimbot

Life is full of coincidences, that's all.. :ahh:

how do something this big come out only today if its running since some times?
Can anyone time since when this cheat is possible??

how do something this big come out only today if its running since some times?
Can anyone time since when this cheat is possible??

it's your people.
what is strange to me is how pet was never used in your category i guess.. or..
you must of beat all the players using the pet. since thats so easy to do..

What a fuckin joke.. It feels not even surprising that this would happen anymore. MA not even catching it or fixing last few mayhem scores and banning those exploiting is the main joke. Pull your head out of dark corner of wherever it is at, there were apparently many support cases.

Sad to read about this:( Ones again we se some shady business with cheating and exploits its not a surprice sadly :(

I realy hope that MA would do a real cleanout of all this kind of things, as we used to say the reputation is what matters in EU.
But when this things get in our face over and over its hard to respect MA as a honorable company im affraid..

I have felt a better vibe the last year tho but they need to step up ewen more on the cleaning of the game for sure:wise:

Reading this is super disappointing. More than scores should be erased if there is a pattern of using the exploit in other mayhems and events. Just my two pec. For whatever it's worth.

I'm happy MA fixed this bug with the pet buff! But fixing it wasn't enough, I wish MA would DQ anyone who used this bug from competing in events for at least a year! Now I have to wonder if those times I didn't win first place the person was using this bug? :mad::scratch2:

I'll point out something, I won first place in my cat mant times. I never used this "bug" even though I used to owe this pet, and I still got first place. So how bad was this bug in the past? Maybe those times I didn't win was when someone used this? :mad:

How about you share all the facts with the community then, ideally before using exploit to place 1st?
Maybe we can help you raise awareness even more and fix the problem, as Auktuma says, work together :)

Maybe you can also help others from outside your soc, to also place 1st and win tokens and demand vendor restock of weapons to buy with cheated tokens...

I consider yours a very weak excuse, especially since you are a good gamer and you could do pretty well without cheating, also considering the access you have at perfect gear to participate with... you also need 55% reload buffs... ? seriously guys?

You Preach high and mighty from up there, I want you to go back to every mayhem before and look at my scores.I have literally "placed" in 2 mayhems ever. I won easter defense without a Yog Horror (which you should know since you were running your second avatar "White Fantasy Jenna" against me. And I placed like 5th or 6th last summer in assault mode. Other than that, I placed, 26th in Annihilation at easter this year, and haven't had a competitive score literally ever in any annihilation.

You Should be thanking me for bringing this to light in the community. Just because I didn't bring it to YOU SPECIFICALLY or post it here on PCF, doesn't mean I wasn't collaborating with other people here to get MindArk to act swiftly on it. (For the record If they did not act I was going to post a video of how it worked here within the next week, which it obviously didn't have to come to). It's so easy for you to act like I'm the villain here, when in fact I just gave you ALL the most realistic chance you have to compete in mayhem this summer.

If you can't appreciate that, then kiss my ass.

I had stopped doing Mayhems because the numbers simply did not add up, something was being manipulated. If it took me and my shitty software to figure that out, I seriously question if the devs were doing anything to look out for things like this, let alone are capable of writing such analytics.

Glad you fixed it, but this light touch on people clearly exploiting the game is retarded. Remove gear, ban, do something significant enough that will make them reconsider even taking the risk again.

MA has a habit of never punishing players appropriately because it's in their best interest to keep those players cycling ped....

however.... this was an exploit of course and yeah i'd rank it up there with the repairable lvl 13 mining amp (L) exploit...

1) players new about it
2) players who knew had a clear advantage
3) players with that knowledge used that advantage to discredit the efforts of other players .....

Back then MA did a clean sweep fucking ban on the lvl 13 amp exploiters, but this time we get.... nothing? These players clearly used the exploit to win tokens in the past (worth a fuck ton of ped) and this response is a bit lackluster.

I was going to write a comment of "it's MA's responsbility to fix it and therefore players shouldn't be punished, etc..." but let's be honest MA is not going to "do right" by the rest of the playerbase by suddenly awarding everyone, except these players, some tokens or UA or ped value of any kind... absolutely fucking not.... so yeah the ramifications need to be taken out on the players who used this exploit. IDGAF if it resulted in wins or not those players need either a ban or to have all skills reset to 1

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

I love dumpster-fire threads like this

I do really hope something happens. It was really late in Sweden when the sorted it out, so we'll see if anything comes of this tomorrow I guess...

Status
Back