when does it end?

i look at it this way:

as a game dev i do know that creating items into an existing game in its existing framework is a really easy task. you basically cant fuck this up. i dont think there is an easier task in all of game development than creating new items.

fact is they fuck up close to 100% of new item releases. so i ask myself, how bad you can be, that you fuck up nearly every new item, when the job is so easy, that an intern could do it after 5 minutes of showing him how it works.

the answer is probably that MA has no coder at all. most likely they only have staff that has no coding knowledge whatsoever. if there is bigger stuff to do they probably outsource it to another company. that means another company has to look into that spaghetti code and produces new bugs on new VUs.

in my eyes those are 2 different problems.

Dan's healing chip

Mayhem pet buffs

Reports of botters on a daily basis with no reprecussions

repairable (L) mining amps

expensive lag with no reimbursement

shoddy programming, delayed releases, borderline QA prior to releases, skipping decimals on item stats

One scam/theft you left out: Jon NEVERDIE Jacobs stole thousands of USD worth of Etherium from RockTropia investors.
Twitter post: https://twitter.com/nevereverdie/status/891909388264288257 ($104737.87)
MindArk has done nothing and said nothing to address the largest theft this game has seen. I refuse to deposit money in this game until NEVERDIE and MindArk address this theft.

As a player, EU content creator, and investor I try to make money legitimately. Why do the scammers/cheaters/thieves get off with, at best, a slap on the wrist? Jon NEVERDIE Jacobs stole 1ETH from me and I have no recourse to get it back!

One scam/theft you left out: Jon NEVERDIE Jacobs stole thousands of USD worth of Etherium from RockTropia investors.
Twitter post: https://twitter.com/nevereverdie/status/891909388264288257 ($104737.87)
MindArk has done nothing and said nothing to address the largest theft this game has seen. I refuse to deposit money in this game until NEVERDIE and MindArk address this theft.

As a player, EU content creator, and investor I try to make money legitimately. Why do the scammers/cheaters/thieves get off with, at best, a slap on the wrist? Jon NEVERDIE Jacobs stole 1ETH from me and I have no recourse to get it back!

what were you supposed to get in return? if it was a fundraiser it doesn't matter and you're dumb for donating... if it was crowdfunding or something and you got some shitty token, i can call my guy at the SEC and get it moving. they don't lift a finger for only $100k but worth a shot

Seriously Rocket192, you have never heard of this? This was an INVESTMENT with a promised dividend return like CLD, AUD, AMD, AGS, CPS, etc.

NEVERDIE admits in that twitter post to having 15k ETH from investors, that amounts to hundreds of thousands of USD!

sorry but giving money to neverdie is huge error. everyone shouldve known that. that guy is a joke. giving money to him is the same as giving it to the nigeria connection, hoping you do get the 1322523 trillion usd that he wants to give you for a small fee lol

You forgot the lootable blueprints in space bug OR "retracted" feature.

sorry but giving money to neverdie is huge error. everyone shouldve known that. that guy is a joke. giving money to him is the same as giving it to the nigeria connection, hoping you do get the 1322523 trillion usd that he wants to give you for a small fee lol

So blame the victim is your stance GxB?

MindArk did not denounce or indicate "NO SUPPORT" for the RockTropia wallet/tokens and funds therefore it was seen as an investment between Mindark, RockTropia, and investors. So it wasn't just NEVERDIE that people were giving money to MindArk was seen to be on board. Both MindArk and Jon NEVERDIE Jacobs are complicit in this fraud, so to claim that "everyone shouldve known that" is why this fraud is met with ignorance and dismissal.

Anytime MindArk does not address cheating, exploiting, fraud, and theft they become liable to legal action. Despite the EULA legal recourse can take place if enough affected people form a group to bring legal action to fruition.

Rocket192 started this thread asking "when does it end?" It ends when the cheaters, exploiters, and thieves are penalized, restitution is paid, and others stop blaming the victims.

So blame the victim is your stance GxB?

MindArk did not denounce or indicate "NO SUPPORT" for the RockTropia wallet/tokens and funds therefore it was seen as an investment between Mindark, RockTropia, and investors. So it wasn't just NEVERDIE that people were giving money to MindArk was seen to be on board. Both MindArk and Jon NEVERDIE Jacobs are complicit in this fraud, so to claim that "everyone shouldve known that" is why this fraud is met with ignorance and dismissal.

Anytime MindArk does not address cheating, exploiting, fraud, and theft they become liable to legal action. Despite the EULA legal recourse can take place if enough affected people form a group to bring legal action to fruition.

Rocket192 started this thread asking "when does it end?" It ends when the cheaters, exploiters, and thieves are penalized, restitution is paid, and others stop blaming the victims.

there is no victim.
there was a woman in austria (iirc) that sold her company to pay like half a million to the nigeria connection because of one of those nigerian prince spam mails.
if you are stupid enough to fall for that shit than its your own fault.
you cant protect everyone from their own stupidity. thats impossible.

We are not talking about a Nigeria email scam.

i look at it this way:

as a game dev i do know that creating items into an existing game in its existing framework is a really easy task. you basically cant fuck this up. i dont think there is an easier task in all of game development than creating new items.

fact is they fuck up close to 100% of new item releases. so i ask myself, how bad you can be, that you fuck up nearly every new item, when the job is so easy, that an intern could do it after 5 minutes of showing him how it works.

the answer is probably that MA has no coder at all. most likely they only have staff that has no coding knowledge whatsoever. if there is bigger stuff to do they probably outsource it to another company. that means another company has to look into that spaghetti code and produces new bugs on new VUs.

holy crap. this sounds so creeping logic that it could actually be true :eyecrazy:

Dan's healing chip

Mayhem pet buffs

shoddy programming, delayed releases, borderline QA prior to releases, skipping decimals on item stats

When does this shit end? I'm not saying MA's job isn't difficult, but let's be honest, everything you do in this game costs real money and when MA's piss-poor work product costs the majority of players a substantial amount of money, or gives advantages to a few players at the expense of the many, at what point is MA going to come out and say "hey guys we really fucked this up in the past and we need to make it right so we banned X players as we've done in the past and we're making ammends to the rest of players with Y (skill bonus month, boosted loot week, etc....)

imo i'll give 2~5more years after 2~3 new Dan caught with their special something
and someone post something they were hiding.(again)
ofc another ludvig,Henrik's "avatar named above locked for inquiry" "sincerely sorry for this kind happend again, i(we) promised this won't never ever happen- CEO MindArk"

cheers for their lazy response of anything

unknown.png

PS.711 show up and :locked:

Last edited by a moderator:
PS.711 show up and :locked:

there's no reason to lock the thread... complaining about bad QA and lack of community management is no different than complaining about lag, lack of taming, broken clothes, etc....

no flaming or accusations will take place here

Reactions: jak

oh that crap, i have some ETH there too, just need to figure out how to access it, because haven't logged in wallet for years... i do not like this whole blockchain thing at all...

the good and bad thing about ND is, he listens to the players. On the good part, he implemented almost all my suggested roctec/attachment BP changes to increase demand of hunted loot.
The bad part was, once one of the instance owners didn't get enough hunted materials for crafting keys and suggested to replace the hunted materials by mined materials, that sadly made it into the game as well.

Someone had a MindArk employee weapon on them and used it to hunt?

How does someone get such an item in their inventory?

oh, and let's not forget MA announced tier upgrader to be removed in early 2020 and pay 20000% MU of the chip value it would be, it's mid 2020 and it still hasn't happened...

There are two types of Bugs, one type costs players money the other costs MA money.
The second type of error is rectified immediately when discovered by MA.

To bring MA to correct the first type of bugs there is either a wide range of people using it or when the become public knowledge and MA has to fear to loose its remaining reputation for not doing anything against it.

It was like this in will be like this forever I think. There are many examples for this behavoir by MA over the years no matter who was the boss of MA or who was in charge of Developpment.

Just remeber f.x. once after a VU there was the possibility to gain Skills when using Melee on NPC without decaying the Melee Weapon, MA did shut down the Servers to immediately correct the error.

The only way to force MA that they do something is when Bugs are common knowledge and they, MA, have to fear that everyone uses it or they look to be totally ignorant to bug beeing used.

Maybe it is the best thing to once again start a thread with all known Bugs and glitches in the Programming of Entropia so that we have a level playing field and MA is forced to correct these discovered bug in a timely manner.

It seams that the only writing a support cases to MA does not solve the problems of Bugs who are for years in game at all and the community who are not using bugs but are cheated by these abusers needs to make the public so MA is forced to do something against the Bugs and the users of these Bugs.

Like I wrote maybe 10 years ago: Bugs that costs MA money are corrected immediately, bugs that cost players Money tend to reappear after each VU. Now we have to add that Bugs that costs other players money and some gain by using them are only corrected when they become common knowledge.

I havn't been back to the game long and have no deep knowledge of all of this. But from a game theory perspective you have to increase the risk for those trying to exploit and cheat.

Online poker handles this by ruthlessly shutting down cheating (botting, multiaccounting, etc) accounts and taking the funds, sometimes distributing it to affected players.

I think the sollution is to make it very very scary to try to cheat. That way exploitable bugs are far less likely to actually get exploited.

i look at it this way:

Why not apply for work at MA as a game developer, and get things on right track? ;)

it will end with they finally screw up a new item soo bad that instead of decaying from the item it draws from MA's pedcard and maybe transfers it to you.. THEN and only then will they say HEY ok we need to double check this shit before release.

Why not apply for work at MA as a game developer, and get things on right track? ;)

i already know how it is to work with tons of idiots that have no idea what they are talking about but want to make all the decisions. nah thanks. ill rather keep being self employed.

I havn't been back to the game long and have no deep knowledge of all of this. But from a game theory perspective you have to increase the risk for those trying to exploit and cheat.

Online poker handles this by ruthlessly shutting down cheating (botting, multiaccounting, etc) accounts and taking the funds, sometimes distributing it to affected players.

I think the sollution is to make it very very scary to try to cheat. That way exploitable bugs are far less likely to actually get exploited.

the problem is that they probably lose 50% of their revenue if they ban all cheater / exploiter

You need a top down restructuring of the entire business model first. Then repair the game. More rules will only ever lead to more government. That's why I was saying in that other post, karma. Because, there is no other solution than for everyone and all to behave properly.

Maybe we all need an exorcism!!

i already know how it is to work with tons of idiots that have no idea what they are talking about but want to make all the decisions. nah thanks. ill rather keep being self employed.

I have no idea how the staff and management is today, don't know anyone there
anymore, so I can't say how individuals are there now.
If you ended up in a company with that kind of bad company culture then I do
understand why you quited. (Partly like that where I work.)
There are a lot of really good game developers and companies within VFX industry, so
don't give it up too soon. ;)

I would like to know the reason for all mistakes, if it is due to individuals, tools, faulty
concepts and so on? Maybe a combo of several things (most probably).
There have been a bit too many sloppy mistakes imo, the question is if these mistakes
are obvious to why they happens, or if there are more to it.

I can see why they might have a hard time to hire coder that is something extra, at least
"local" coder, since they do have great competitors in that area for this kind of work.

Maybe time to check if pipeline is efficient enough.
Maybe time to look in to how routines are when they go from concept to released feature.
Whatever they do I do hope they get this solved, so they can spend more on development
on new and excisting features.

I have no idea how the staff and management is today, don't know anyone there
anymore, so I can't say how individuals are there now.
If you ended up in a company with that kind of bad company culture then I do
understand why you quited. (Partly like that where I work.)
There are a lot of really good game developers and companies within VFX industry, so
don't give it up too soon. ;)

I would like to know the reason for all mistakes, if it is due to individuals, tools, faulty
concepts and so on? Maybe a combo of several things (most probably).
There have been a bit too many sloppy mistakes imo, the question is if these mistakes
are obvious to why they happens, or if there are more to it.

I can see why they might have a hard time to hire coder that is something extra, at least
"local" coder, since they do have great competitors in that area for this kind of work.

Maybe time to check if pipeline is efficient enough.
Maybe time to look in to how routines are when they go from concept to released feature.
Whatever they do I do hope they get this solved, so they can spend more on development
on new and excisting features.

well one of the problems is that really good coders dont work in europe cos the payment generally is shit. good coder go to US or asia. coming from germany i may be biased because a coder earn less money there than most studied jobs. i dont know anyone who would work in germany as a coder if they could go abroad.

well one of the problems is that really good coders dont work in europe cos the payment generally is shit. good coder go to US or asia. coming from germany i may be biased because a coder earn less money there than most studied jobs. i dont know anyone who would work in germany as a coder if they could go abroad.

I would rather go for a company with really good company culture with decent payment
than a company with bad company culture and good payment. Money isn't everything. ;)
In Sweden we have some decent developers, so MA have some competition there.

Dan's healing chip

Mayhem pet buffs

When does this shit end? I'm not saying MA's job isn't difficult, but let's be honest, everything you do in this game costs real money and when MA's piss-poor work product costs the majority of players a substantial amount of money, or gives advantages to a few players at the expense of the many, at what point is MA going to come out and say "hey guys we really fucked this up in the past and we need to make it right so we banned X players as we've done in the past and we're making ammends to the rest of players with Y (skill bonus month, boosted loot week, etc....)

the recent relevations didn't impact me as a player whatsoever since i haven't competed in mayhem before, but with this going on, why the fuck would i?

Never, there are still bugs from 15 years ago. Not even engine changes have fixed them.

Back