Yog buff exploit: time for MA to take a stand

it gave drill speed, wich magicly worked for weapons aswell so people were having 55% total reload speed when 30% was max

seems to have been in the game for years where people have abused this in events to win

Ohh ok thanks. Bloody hell.

I can't see how MA are supposed to turn back the clock on that. Even if they could, that is a mammoth reconciliation. Trying to prove it too historically can't be easy, probably too expensive.

Fix it moving forwards, sounds like the only reasonable option.

Rick

in sum,

no one on PCF seems to think anything aside from a ban is appropriate...

i'd be fine with cutting their total skills by 1/2 and banning for 3 months or something
Yes this is a bannable offence in any game not just EU ...its agians ToS/EULA
Also is very disrespectful :laugh: to say at least !
I think MA you are kinda a fucked this time .... NOT TAKING ACTIONS is probably worse then keeping few whales aboad .. and if/when u BAN them this means you have to rework all mayhem results in past 2-3 years and redistrubute all prize again and everybody knows they cant do this properly without casuing a huge mess !

p.s. can u fix LAG at least ?

You can't blame players for looking for and seeking out ways to get an edge over others in a competition style event, that is a perfectly normal thing for a participant to do.

Thanks MA for finally fixing this exploit.

You are so right you dont blame them YOU BAN THEM ! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Nothing personal againts anyone that did it ....u knew the risks you knew benefits for abusing it ..and u hurt other players event results by doing it ...its all fine dudes you knew what your are doing !

I say Go hard on this one...cuz ITS KILLING THE COMPETATIVE SPIRIT OF MAYHEM EVENTS and save the little bit of credibility left next to your name LUL !

My My My, where is our community manager? Taking the weekend off after posting 4 times last month?

We need you MA, You need us... let's make this work?

I have a feeling. MA just did a communication and boom, disaster. Were they testing her or testing us? Looks to me like they need to say something, but can't. Their clock is ticking, but not like ours. Or is it exactly like ours?

Last edited:
You are so right you dont blame them YOU BAN THEM ! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Nothing personal againts anyone that did it ....u knew the risks you knew benefits for abusing it ..and u hurt other players event results by doing it ...its all fine dudes you knew what your are doing !

I say Go hard on this one...cuz ITS KILLING THE COMPETATIVE SPIRIT OF MAYHEM EVENTS and save the little bit of credibility left next to your name LUL !

It cant be that simple, you cant just ban all of them.
What happens with players who just owned the pet and leveled up without even know
the exploit?
I was also thinking about buying the cheaper one a few weeks ago when restarted mining daily, if i buy one just last week and spawn it first time on a mayhem instance to start to level up, i would be banned also? Nonsense.

Sure i would notice 10% faster reload if i start to fire first and than spawn the pet.
But not sure if i would notice 10% faster reload if the pet was spawned first and i just start to shoot after.

They have to check everybody and find out who used it as a pet and who used it as an exploit.
Or they dont care and reset was all they did, would be sad, but sure not just ban everybody, in my eyes that would be even worse than doing nothing.

Reactions: jak
They have to check everybody and find out who used it as a pet and who used it as an exploit.

They already did check everyone, QUICKLY, which seems easy to do. Whoever had active buff in mayhem instance, knew what it was for.
Our team was able to identify a small number of Summer Mayhem participants who had this unintended buff active, and their Summer Mayhem scores have been reset. This affected only a small number of avatars: 5 participants in Summer Mayhem Annihilation, and 7 participants in Summer Mayhem Assault.

Now it's just a political decision, to either ignore everything and let this cool off, or take some action. This is now not only affecting one society that had the buff active, but the entire game, sadly. New players checking this game out on the forums, they see this topic... which doesn't seem so fun to start and invest time and money with all the rotten activity currently going on.

Phuckit! :mad: Im takin a holliday to NI. Wear a man-kini all day and sit in the jacuzi and fondle strangers Yogs.:laugh: :ahh::laugh::ahh::laugh::ahh::laugh::ahh:

Last edited:
They already did check everyone, QUICKLY, which seems easy to do. Whoever had active buff in mayhem instance, knew what it was for.

Now it's just a political decision, to either ignore everything and let this cool off, or take some action. This is now not only affecting one society that had the buff active, but the entire game, sadly. New players checking this game out on the forums, they see this topic... which doesn't seem so fun to start and invest time and money with all the rotten activity currently going on.

the suspicious download doesn't help ... sometimes i think MA has to keep the population down ... not just for the server load ... but to keep a low profile

showthread.php?316678-Entropia-download-threat-warning-using-Chrome-and-MS-Defender-Browser-Protection

why else would they never advertise? any normal company would try to gain as much people as they could. like fortnite had 10,000 people on one server kind of thing.

has anyone ever seen eu out in the real world?

Last edited:

Why, is that pet cannot be leveled up while shooting in a mayhem instance?

They sure checked about who had the buff on and reset their score, that is easy probably, if they say.

Deciding if the avatar used it as a regular pet and didnt know about the bug, or used it for exploit maybe not that easy, 25% reload is a lot, 10% difference is not as easy to notice.

Sure they have to remove their score anyway.

But after than, not sure if they can be 100% sure if somebody used it as a pet or as an exploit.
The more i thinking about it, the more i see maybe why they not sanctioned anybody (yet).

For example, the avatar who got removed from CAT2 assault had time like 31 or 37 minutes, i cant be 100% sure, i remember the name, remember he was the last with recorded time, but cant tell 100% sure if 31 or 37 minutes.

That wont be a good time even without the exploit, but seems he used a pet for this time, you sure he was exploiting for winning and not just a pet user?
Ofc he could just check the instance to see how it works, probably like me, he neither never played assault before, so maybe he did it unenhanced unbuffed like me, but spanwed the pet as always for reload, maybe he was really exploiting.
That is the problem, it can be really hard to tell for 100% sure even for those who can check his activity.

2 opposite force hating each other and arguing on forums is pretty normal for every mmo i think, even for one without competetive content, here its not just competetive content, but + real money factor too.
More stake, more hatred.

Last edited:
Note to Mindark

Please note : there are some people in this mayhem who may have used Yog pet, have a good score but not completed their run as they want to wait until the end to post their score.

Can you please make sure that you check all participants for this Mayhem when ended please ?

Regards

Zyloc

Why, is that pet cannot be leveled up while shooting in a mayhem instance?
While the buff is not unlocked yet, it is harmless. Once it is unlocked, further levelling is useless. On top of that, activating the buff requires a conscious decision. If we still can't call this hard proof of intent, it is compelling evidence at the very least.

I guess i really cant say much as other people keep this game alive with their deposits and i am not one of them.

I honestly think MA does nothing until its too late as there are always a lot of people say "oh well sure they robbed the bank but they said sorry" so slap on the wrist. fix a bug after 12 year s and "great job MA" etc..

When someone robs a bank they go to jail for a long time - they don't get told - hey that's bad now don't come back for a few months and keep what you stole. most likely they have several alts all geared up and ready to go in case of a ban anyway. Taking skills away is meaningless if they have tons sitting on an alt to chip out.

I realized years ago something was up with the so called ubers that constantly hof and got items etc... so i decided i will never deposit again until the game becomes more fair - it just got worse. What they were doing i did not know cause i just want to play to have fun not look for exploits. Slowly over time the exploits come out like sharing avas to run 24 hours a day, the official wep thing and now this yog thing. God knows there are probably dozens of other thing these same people did and will do given the chance. They play to make $ at any cost and dont care for rules.

For those of you that are really mad and what MA to listen - dont deposit and let them know you are not - or just live with it like i do by hunting like a perma-noob. I am here since late 2007 and am level 42 HG lol i should be level 100 but i refuse to give my $ to lose it while MA allows others to play for free by cheating.

I think any one that put a lot of $ in this game should be screaming for perma ban, trace back IPs find all the cheaters that used this pet, other official weps etc.. and lock them out sell their stuff and distribute to ped to the depositors that have lost their ass in this game year after year while a few made a bunch of profit.

and dont worry about those saying "lawsuit this lawsuit that? no thief will ever sue and if they did they will lose.

just my worthless 2 pecs

I dont even think that every uber is a regular player, i think some of them are just people from MA that playing and get the hofs and globals. They cheat you wherever they can...

Back