Under 75% TT return - The Broken Window

Status

Konvicted

Elite
Λкση ƬяυѕƬ Κσηνι¢тed
ASHAMING HUNTING ANNUAL TT RETURN

The Broken Window Theory: A Broken window in a fine neighborhood immediately shows that the standard in that neighborhood has lowered and suggest that everyone else might be affected.

In this scenario i am that broken window.

I have been playing Akon TrusT Konvicted since its creation in late March 2007.

Today Akon have 292 natural hp and a well hunting balanced avatar (sold little but valuable hp skills recently to maintain), i can pretty much use any type of melee/mf untill around 55-70 hit/dmg, my main profession lays in the 85 90+ laser and blp (including handgun), 94.5 rifle and 98+ ranged dmg, with 63 evader.

48 animal. 40 mutant and 33 robot looter.

In old system i believe i was doing somewhat ok in hunting, not succesfull not a heavy loser either, just acceptable monthly loss, then came the introduction of the loot 2.0 and further more the addition of the looter professions.

Ever since i actively hunted in the loot 2.0 and looters professions my return have been horrible, like 2007-2012ish ugly unconsistant loot and perpetual big losses.

As a reminder for everyone, here are the official notes about the loot changes if you want to discuss em or help.

Loot 2.0:

https://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/2017/06/08/Developer-Notes--11---Loot-2.0.xml?

Loot 2.0 profession:

https://www.entropiauniverse.com/bu...Developer-Notes--12---Loot-2.0-Follow-Up.xml?

Loot 2.0 statistics:

https://www.entropiauniverse.com/bu...eveloper-Notes--13---Loot-2.0-Statistics.xml?

Loot 2.0 Update:

https://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/2017/09/27/Developer-Notes--14---Loot-2.0-Update.xml?

I wasn't hyped at all with these changes, i knew it would be a rebalance in the global loot size and hit frequency (loot 2.0 update), possibly a throw back in time where all effort to skill up to a standard would be ruined and forces starting over shooting little mob/maturity like in early days, change gear and specialize to get optimal loot.

The first years i wasn't focused in hunting as a primary profession but was still active, i failed to aquire much skills in looting, maybe just a few level for casual hunting, the hunting return seemed nearly acceptable, i had some very bad runs but it was sustainable.

In early 2019 and due to change in my professional career i had to take somewhat of a real break from the game.

Here's the reason for the thread:

I came back in June 2019, To the Mul's dance ritual period, exactly a year ago.

I became more than a randomly casual hunter and as always i was killing AND looting MANUALLY every single mob severals hours a day straight, cycling several K ped. (2 to 5 hours shooting a day)(i almost never use a loot pill)(i like to check on my surrounding).

Things that bother me the most are the long period of droughts (days without global, several K peds shot, needless to mention a hall of famer, this thing is nearly a myth for me in 2.0), so either without any global or very low value ones, resulting in most situation in a negative run.

Countless times i am farming a mob for hours/days, with nothing but hard losses, a random hunter pop by, kill less than 5 mobs and gets a very large swirls, sometimes 4 digits, few times several in a row, the best exemple was DannyO jumping to my area on Eomon and swirl back to back while i'm helpless trying to save the run, shit literally happens day after day, or recently on warrens, Niteflite hit 7.9k after less than 5 mobs killed, next few days same scenario with Jo hitting 1k+ on first mob (just to mention a few different scenarion that comes to mind, plenty more happend), this leave a manual hunter puzzled.

That being said, Nothing cool ever happens in my early kills of the run, some loots to put you in a confortable position for the rest of the hunt or the day, i always have to shoot more and more without a mini or a swirl, always put me to a significant loss first, to finally recover a bit for the ongoing run and most of the time its just dry, it feels i can never hit anything large enough, a hot spot with many swirls maybe and definitely never hit anything in a early run/jumping to an area like some manages to get away with.

They like to advertise a TT return above 90%, closer to 95%. This is where the broken window takes effect.

I have met my patience threshold with the massive loss i have to deal with currently.

AS OF TODAY:

I have an hunting TT return way under the average with between 450.000 and 500.000 PED cycled.

In 2020 i had 0 4digits loot. 2 best by far are 650ped on b of warren and a dasp young

I hear the horde saying i should probably cycle more.

I have cycled enough to see 65000-70000 PED vanish from my account (from this year period deposit and previous assets sold), just hunting this year in a period from June 2019 to June 2020.

Feel free to do the math yourself for the shittiest scenario, i'll keep going with the best one for the sake of the game..

69% to 77% in best case scenario

I hunt the same range of mobs i have always been able to hunt, with a large spectrum of weapons available at my level, L and UL.

From 55% to 90%+ efficiency. almost always above 60% often the same UL weapon and amp.

Nothing works L, UL, No life steal, life steal, ring, no ring, armor or not, even 90 Efficiency with best combo has not showed magic return numbers.

Heading back to the Trade terminal with 1400ish ped out of a 2000ped ammo run is something common for me, not counting decay, ofc i have often seen worse. this is my average.

Like i said i'm not a professional hunter that looks automated shooting 24/7 (shout out to the real hunter out there), i manually click between mobs, i heal myself manually when needed, mostly between mobs and i loot manually, untill recently when i started to consume the autopills i looted over the years on strongboxes by hoping to see a change. 3 days pills are not to be swallowed...

Many of you would like exact precise numbers spent, i dont have the discipline to track every single run and my return exactly to the last pec markup included, i have data, but i have a somewhat clear range of TT spent VS PED loss mentioned above, i unfortunately can not provide the exact number to the exact percentage, i even asked for details from support departement with no success.

The support department has a policy that doesnt allow them to give the TT return, which is a lack of transparency imo, i'm unable to get those number from them or atleast 3 months numbers which were actually very bad like the rest of the year.

3 months TT return which have been given to other avatars with far much better TT return like officially advertised than the poor return i am getting constantly. Nothing to be proud of from the support than to give a player such bad numbers.

They stated everything was in order with my avatar.

Exemple:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...onse-on-Bad-Loot-and-my-MA-tracked-91-Returns

I fall in the category of the broken window, those who do not meet the advertised standard of the house (i'm sure i am not the only one, is there an MA employee that don't like me or don't play by the rule? (the doubt)), so called above 90%, near 95% and ofc near TT for a player with assistance (call it a bot or a friend, members of family).

For someone to lose this much there has to be someone else out there picking up the loot, or has the house gotten greedier and standard changed?

Perma automated hunters are the criminal in this scenario or is it the house, they break window daily, the average player gets literally dryed out, with no chances of getting the head out the water and suffocate to the inevitable drowning.

What happend to the advertised High 95%+ TT return they proudly advetised and the so called lower cost to play?

Isn't it time to ban these automated hunting actions?

We are looking in my case at an average of 5000 PED per months to play this game...

Trully yours.

ATTK.

I'd like everyone to stay gentle and talk like grown up simply debating. Please leave the finger pointing aside or take it to support case.

Well you can keep try changes setup after setup and get you daily dose of stress

or

Let go , chip out , sell everything and not look back... and enjoy each day

I had/have similar issue. 80% returns at lvl 91 blp sniper and 240hp, stopped depo since january and because I saw someone of forum manage to get turnover % for him I made a support case describing my issue. After 3 months I recieved short information that MA is not giving any return info on request and case was closed. Im in game since 2003 and ofc to get there I depo alot.

EDIT 80% in my case is 300 ped per hour of playing...

Last edited:
Hey

I love your thread, I could do it for me 1 to 1.

I'm a bit below you in the level - just under 200hp and level 64

drive EXACTLY the same returns as you and have already tried any setup.

it doesn't matter whether high effi, low effi, high dpp or gamble with low dpp weapons!

I already have a ticket open for a long time about my average return, but mindark wrote me that this service is not offered and I then posted this picture!

returns.jpg

since then i have no answer or feedback on my ticket ...

I hope these numbers will change for us at some point

I was also advised to continue shooting, but the losses increase every day.

just like you i have phases in which no global hour comes even if i chase several thousand peds

and i know the feeling PERFECT when you grind mobs for hours or days and there are always people coming then shoot 3-5 mobs and get 1-2x globes and TAKE off again.

btw. I have never been to the EU before I played a court over 1k +, so you can also imagine what I think about the myth court :)

I hope for us and the others out there that something changes on the mindark side, as it is slowly becoming very ridiculous!

best regards and good luck
John Sonichero1 Wick

Hey

I love your thread, I could do it for me 1 to 1.

I'm a bit below you in the level - just under 200hp and level 64

drive EXACTLY the same returns as you and have already tried any setup.

it doesn't matter whether high effi, low effi, high dpp or gamble with low dpp weapons!

I already have a ticket open for a long time about my average return, but mindark wrote me that this service is not offered and I then posted this picture!

returns.jpg

since then i have no answer or feedback on my ticket ...

I hope these numbers will change for us at some point

I was also advised to continue shooting, but the losses increase every day.

just like you i have phases in which no global hour comes even if i chase several thousand peds

and i know the feeling PERFECT when you grind mobs for hours or days and there are always people coming then shoot 3-5 mobs and get 1-2x globes and TAKE off again.

btw. I have never been to the EU before I played a court over 1k +, so you can also imagine what I think about the myth court :)

I hope for us and the others out there that something changes on the mindark side, as it is slowly becoming very ridiculous!

best regards and good luck
John Sonichero1 Wick

I don't understand their need for secrecy. This would be a great benefit for players to have access to this ingame. This is another example of MA living in the dark ages. People are inventing tools to track and analyze this and that is giving them an unfair advantage. I might be hypocritical if I were taking notes of my runs with pen and paper but I don't. I would appreciate a glance once in awhile. Even the "my items" page on the website is artificially worse than useless. I mean nice job making it sortable, but again, why isn't that inside the game.

I found it seriously rude that they wouldn't tell me if i was looted by a pirate or not one time I got shot down and realized i had a pitbull with me.

Maybe someone should go down there and smoke a joint with them and tell them what they are missing. All I can think is they are aliens from another planet and inherited the game when they crashed their ufo on the roof. How is it possible they are so out of touch? Kudos for communicating but theres a big gap between what it could be and what it is.

Last edited:
We are in 21th century, Entropia Universe is a Sci Fy MMO and still have to work with a pen and a paper to track our TT return. Make no sense...

....You walk in my shoes !
Same thing, same response from support, etc....
Only one question remains with no answer in my brain: all these losses go to another avatars (anyone actually doing profit from our losses) ? or are simply deleted from system with each patch/server restart/update/etc...?

Edit: there is one difference..i do hit on occasion 4 digit loot, but must be certain that i lost much more when/if that occurs.

Last edited:
I think any attempt at trying to explain, would fall short from actually explaining it. You cant play this game with a eco-fagish, "count-every-pec" attitude or be rational. "Gut-Feelings". Intuition plays a role. You must "feel the code". Take it as pixelpoop-spirituality if you like. You gotto trust your "feeling" and take the risk. Aprehension will screw you. Most of all, think of your own psychological well-being. Dont drive yourself crazy and blame it on the game.

The pure trader attitude, doesnt go across the board for hunting, mining and crafting. You can combine trading with any of the above or all, but takes patience and clever balancing and priorotizing. Not everyone is cut out for this. Some need to find their niche. By the sound of this thread, I feel you should all be pure traders to turn a profit, if thats your goal. When you peer into the shadows long enough, they become predictable. But not everyone can see it or endure it.

Perc gain combined with fruit find, gets my spidey sences tingling. ( wink-wink).

Take a week or two away if you need, it helps. Meditate. Centre yourself. Take a chill pill. Smoke a spliff. Do some reading. :wise:

I ♥ you guys. Just hate seeing you all so unhappy and depressed.

If you cant afford to play, chances are you shouldnt.

Last edited:
If you don't like the current state of the game, please don't play it. Take a week or a month or a year break. We know MA don't pay much attention to the endless stream of whining on this forum. Most of us actually still enjoy it obviously and the player base is is once again rising. For the sake of new players who are just embarking on the awesome adventure that this game is, take a break. Do something else. This forum used to be a great resource and nice hangout, now it's filled with bitter old players who think everything was better in the past.

It is very easy: Is the game too expensive for you? Don't play. Are you not enjoying it anymore? Don't play. Can't quit? Definatly don't play.

If you don't like the current state of the game, please don't play it. Take a week or a month or a year break. We know MA don't pay much attention to the endless stream of whining on this forum. Most of us actually still enjoy it obviously and the player base is is once again rising. For the sake of new players who are just embarking on the awesome adventure that this game is, take a break. Do something else. This forum used to be a great resource and nice hangout, now it's filled with bitter old players who think everything was better in the past.

It is very easy: Is the game too expensive for you? Don't play. Are you not enjoying it anymore? Don't play. Can't quit? Definatly don't play.

so what's your plan? Silence everyone who point out the bad stuff and make them leave, have new players come in and lose (a lot of) money and after they lost the money tell them too leave the game if it's too expensive? :confused: who cares about customer satisfaction as long as there's some new players putting money in? :confused:

so what's your plan? Silence everyone who point out the bad stuff and make them leave, have new players come in and lose (a lot of) money and after they lost the money tell them too leave the game if it's too expensive? :confused: who cares about customer satisfaction as long as there's some new players putting money in? :confused:

You didn't get my point. My point is that it is up to everyone if they think the product is worth spending money on. If you don't like the product, fine. Do something else. This forum feels like this game is forcing people to play it, and they hate playing it.

Last edited:
You didn't get my point. My point is that it is up to everyone if they think the product is worth spending money on. If you don't like the product, fine. Do something else. This forum feels like this game is forcing people to play it, and they hate playing it.

a simple yes as answer would have done it.

Anyway, how about fixing the issues? then the complaining stops as well as the spreading of negative rep...

....so is this a yes to my question? you are on the *FAVOURITE* list and do okay? its impossible otherwise to play a game that advertises 90+% return if you cycle XXX amount and see day after day its not even close to that.
If MA would had come upfront and say "take your chances and see what hapends" would, maybe, been other story..
On other note....if we do not quit, you should most certain quit reading forum...needless to say QUIT posting BS, and QUIT kiss MA a*s!

I've always felt I have a naturally high level of intuition, not just for EU but life in general. I can feel something isn't right, when it is, and generally can assess why that is so.

I've just done a few EU adhoc runs last few months. Log in run about 1300 ped (in one run), log off for few days or so. That approach seems keep returns pretty even. Gradual $10 boring losses even with globals.

However any hunt longer than that I feel it will be asking for big trouble. I think what happens is when your Ava is set to a low return percentage, the system will contine tuning you down, while "you accept" those parameters set.

It will then tune you to less globals, to eventually no globals, while you continue to accept that return position.

If you log for a few days, it will switch returns on for a limited time period say 2 hours, then switch you back into gradually reducing return mode again.

In other words, i believe they have a behavioural algorithm running. Once the system understands the level of pain you're willing to accept. It will continue to treat you with ever increasing pain, during a session time.

So there you have it, you accepted pain, the game will keep giving it to you.

Obviously there're the few that don't get their dials tuned down. I can't be bothered to argue with them.

I'm an adhoc player now, and happy with that. Just think about personal system behaviour.

Rick

I don't understand their need for secrecy. This would be a great benefit for players to have access to this ingame. ...

bec it is the ONLY way to prove the bugs in the loot distribution algorithm. They stated 97-98% TT return in long run IF all the loot algorithms work fine. It doesn't work properly bec i'm getting roughly 80% tt return in 1k+ kills runs time to time.

97-98% TT return in long run IF all the loot algorithms work fine. It doesn't work properly bec i'm getting roughly 80% tt return in 1k+ kills runs time to time.

They stated it before they introduced looter professions

They stated it before they introduced looter professions

Correct.
Introducing the looter prof. reduced these numbers up to 7%.

IMO the return formula in loot 2.1 is:

TT return (%) = 85% (base return) + 7*(looter lvl/100) + 7*(eff/100)

So for the mid player (50 lvl looter, 85% eff) we should expect: 85+7*0.5+7*0.85 = 96.55 % tt return in long run,
but sometimes it doesn't work properly and gives me roughly 80%. Other times it works and i'm getting my returns according the formula above.

PS i'm not declaring anythng here - it's just my opinion.

I've had some shitty times, too.
Sometimes very long, feeling like no matter what I did my returns were crap.

Now it's better. (I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it lasts)

And if it's true that it's partly due to parameters over which I have no control, I think it's at least half due to what I chose to do and the way I did it.

It's not a pretty picture every day, there are still ups and downs.
But I think I've understood a lot of things that I've found a certain acceptable "balance" that allows me to move forward.
Don't forget that in order to feel that you move forward, you need to know where you do want to go. :wise:

I'm not going to explain in detail here.

But I'll just say that first of all, Entropia is... a game. :yup:
And if you look at it, and approach it, for anything other than what it really is, it doesn't work. (unless you just trade)

I'll PM you ingame later.

And for people talking about TT return on long run.
I'd say "long run" is endless.. :)

Last edited:
I thought i had pretty good hunting skills. Been playing since 2006 and got nice globals and hof ocasionally..was fun at best. Now i'm lucky to get two globals a year or so and no hofs ever hunting ...never for at least 5 to 6 years. I have to admit i do focus on mining and hoffing on that a lot more. When i do deposit i usually put it all into mining. BTW i haven't been able to withdraw since 2012. I have lost heaps probably due to skilling up and time in game ect..
Would be fun to hof on hunting once in a while but loot 2.0 i guess i never will again.

Correct.
Introducing the looter prof. reduced these numbers up to 7%.

IMO the return formula in loot 2.1 is:

TT return (%) = 85% (base return) + 7*(looter lvl/100) + 7*(eff/100)

So for the mid player (50 lvl looter, 85% eff) we should expect: 85+7*0.5+7*0.85 = 96.55 % tt return in long run,
but sometimes it doesn't work properly and gives me roughly 80%. Other times it works and i'm getting my returns according the formula above.

PS i'm not declaring anythng here - it's just my opinion.

We dont play against the house, we play against the players, there is no "base return" imo

We dont play against the house, we play against the players, there is no "base return" imo

i mean i'm shooting 8.9/10 unmaxed non-sib and doing at least well enough to breakeven after amazing mayhem markup.

granted i'm shooting nonstop for 10-12h/day

For average hunter i would not recommend to hunt in a location or on a mob where they are in direct competition with the top hunters of the game - try to find the mob/location where you can be one of the top hunters.
This includes to have a rough estimate about the other hunters in the area/on the mob and the equippment they use - ask or have a scanner.

PS: Being the top hunter in an area does not mean hunting with the highest efficiency btw.
This relates to your main hunting choices and does not mean that you cant hunt other stuff for fun or to chance luck - just dont try to force luck as an average hunter beyond what you are rdy to loose.

Mayhem tends to put you into direct competition with the best of hunters, this can be hard for many - remember when big hunters compete in mayhem they might leave their usual hunting grounds for awhile - opportunities are out there...

Last edited:

IMO there is such thing as "guaranteed return" (see the formula above) based on your looter, eff and YOUR turnover through "regular multies" (x0.25 - x100). And we play against the other players for getting the "rare" (x100 -x10k) multies, which generates from the players losses on the CURRENT mob. I'm calling it "HOF pool" of the current mob. That's why cycling more than others on the current mob is really matter to get a HOF (you getting more "HOF tickets" by cycling more than others). Just my opinion.

Honestly, your biggest issue I see...

i dont have the discipline to track every single run and my return exactly to the last pec markup included

Do a Spreadsheet and make it as easy as possible to enter values at beginning and enter as you end.

Sample spreadsheet - don't mind some of the data tidbits, part of my program.

Each mob/area/event gets a sheet, Each hunt copy the last 6 columns paste and fill in new ammo values....
Whatever your hunting style try to keep it limited to a similar amount of time...1 hr I find best overall to catch the waves, but if not able 30 mins each and such...

This also gives you a record of where markup is, which is critical to game success.

At the end fill out the finishing numbers,
armor, weapon, healing tools, mf just put in total from the repair machine for each group or weapon
ammo just need to record whats left
loot just need to put in how many, the TT you can add once and forget on that 1st column

repair all to full
copy paste repeat.

1st couple hunts will have to add in loot as get it but then you know its up to date and will always be easy to update from then on, eventually with enough sheets its a copy paste job for the oils and such anyhow.

Looks daunting but really only a few fields get changed each hunt you should be able to figure out which.

Should start to give you an idea where your costs are going out fastest to at least make some kind of change with backing.

hope it helps.

Last edited:
For average hunter i would not recommend to hunt in a location or on a mob where they are in direct competition with the top hunters of the game - try to find the mob/location where you can be one of the top hunters.

IMO there is such thing as "guaranteed return" (see the formula above) based on your looter, eff and YOUR turnover through "regular multies" (x0.25 - x100). And we play against the other players for getting the "rare" (x100 -x10k) multies, which generates from the players losses on the CURRENT mob. I'm calling it "HOF pool" of the current mob. That's why cycling more than others on the current mob is really matter to get a HOF (you getting more "HOF tickets" by cycling more than others). Just my opinion.

These are literally free financial advice imo.

grind where you have an advantage.... grind where there's markup... make sure you have bankroll to survive several months.

i'm doing cat1 practice for a fucking reason.

talking about broken loot.

Can mayhem mulmun actually global? :scratch2:

Just passed codex Rank 8 and not a single global yet. in 8 ranks I got a 33 and 37 pedder and the rest all below 10 ped.
Mulmun 3 and 5.

Screw this bullshit mayhem.
It only causes mayhem on your ped card :mad:

you should try hunting lower level mobs and see if your loot % improves...u don't have to cycle as much to kill a large number of them.... I am no expert, but I have a limited gaming budget, so I find I can't play at my skill level for long when I get a dry spell, so I end up hunting low level argos, snarksnots or even punys when the ped card is light... I often find my returns are much improved and I can play for quite some time at the lower level which keeps me occupied in game until I can deposit again.....

talking about broken loot.

Can mayhem mulmun actually global? :scratch2:

Just passed codex Rank 8 and not a single global yet. in 8 ranks I got a 33 and 37 pedder and the rest all below 10 ped.
Mulmun 3 and 5.

Screw this bullshit mayhem.
It only causes mayhem on your ped card :mad:

i hit 1914 kills without a global this weekend on them... then i got 6-7 globals in 15m

Status
Back