What CLD payouts tell us and other shower thoughts from $5

atomicstorm

Slayer
MeLoveYou LongTime FiveDolla
When I built entropialoot.com (not intended to be a plug) and subsequently looked at the end product, a couple "stats" jumped out to me since I had been struggling with returns, like many have expressed in PCF, since I returned. Furthermore, I had those thoughts regarding those stats strengthened by some commentary on the new recent share offerings and eventually future offerings like 8Coins and Treasure Island (speculation).

I would like to share these thoughts with you and get people's thoughts:

What does the CLD payouts tell us?

CLD payouts can tell us how much Mindark is making at a minimum from its flagship planet Calypso.

Calypso payout distribution is as follows:
  • Mindark receives 50% share of revenue
  • Calypso (also Mindark) recieves 25% share of revenue
  • Owners of Calypso Land Deeds receive 25% of revenue

Source on Mindark/PP splits then Calypso/CLD splits remaining share.

There are 60,000 Calypso Land Deeds in supply.

Given this information, we can derive that PER WEEK:

• For every 1 PED payout in a CLD, this equates to 60,000 PED paid out to CLD owners.
  • For every 1 PED payout in a CLD, this equates to 60,000 PED paid out to Calypso.
  • For every 1 PED payout in a CLD, this equates to 120,000 PED paid out to Mindark.

And lastly:
  • For every 1 PED payout in a CLD, this equates to 240,000 PED removed from players due to activity.

Assuming that these splits are accurate OR is at least a smaller portion of it, I have the following assumptions and questions:

• Assertion: Explosive crafters and Recycle crafters are largely propping up CLD values due to their turn over rate.
  • Assertion: Player activity is strong. Gambler activity is stronger.
  • Assertion: The amount pulled out of the economy by planet partner/mindark revenue might be why "loot seems suppressed"
  • Question: If 2,500 players hunt on Calypso or are Calypso born, this equates to approximately 96 PED a week per player. Obviously player activity ranges to serious turnover to punies, thus some people are paying more than others. People are losing significantly more. Where is the rest going if so many are struggling or complaining about boring loots?
    [*]Question: Isn't $96000 USD/week (24kx4) (or slightly less) enough to give a damn about game quality? After all, if the quality was better, they would get more revenue.
    [*]Question: Isn't $96000 USD/week (24kx4) (or less) enough to give a damn about server quality and scaling? Less lag = more players = more revenue. Very simple.

If any of the revenue split information is incorrect, let me know and I will adjust but this appears to be accurate based on sources and PlanetCalypso website.

Note that 4ped a week is CLD payout. This, they are pulling almost $100k USD a week. We can say that this pays employees and servers but we are not getting benefits of that. No big updates, lack of QA, and other.

Last edited:
Mindarks numbers should be higher, i dont believe any of the fertilizer income, auction tax or shop taxes are going into cld's. The other planets contribute aswell just not as much as calypso but i think the income is not small.

All sales like initial auds, cp , ark moon , compet, diverse land and virtual estates, ti deeds, invis armors, resto chips and space ferraris ect. are also pure profit and wont go into cld payouts.

Counting in one time sales the average income should be much higher than 150k - 200k usd per month for mindark allone

Mindarks numbers should be higher, i dont believe any of the fertilizer income, auction tax or shop taxes are going into cld's. The other planets contribute aswell just not as much as calypso but i think the income is not small.

All sales like initial auds, cp , ark moon , compet, diverse land and virtual estates, ti deeds, invis armors, resto chips and space ferraris ect. are also pure profit and wont go into cld payouts.

Counting in one time sales the average income should be much higher than 150k - 200k usd per month for mindark allone

It is $96,000 per WEEK (24kx4) just from what CLDs tells us. Mindark would be receiving splits from all other planet revenue but I felt that focusing on the CLD numbers would be sufficient for the questions. I have edited my OP for clarity.

It is $96,000 per WEEK (24kx4) just from what CLDs tells us. Mindark would be receiving splits from all other planet revenue but I felt that focusing on the CLD numbers would be sufficient for the questions. I have edited my OP for clarity.

Wouldn't clarity specify MindArks actual cut of the 96k , which would be 72k ?

I did notice something odd.

When players complain they complain on the soc chat and pcf about their losses. How much they lost on this or that run. But when they don't lose it's just, "meh. maybe break even." WHen they global everyone GZ's them and then it's the end of it. They don't post their "meh" days or good days and rarely post their HOFs.

What I'm sayin is the loot posters are biased a little.

Well since they collect another 25% from owning Calypso , that would be another 24k.

This is true but I suspect they are separate entities for distinction. In the end yes... Mindark+affiliated companies net $72,000 USD per week if CLD payouts are 4ped.

Just remember that deed revenue is not a measure of real cash income. PED income is simply a token, and only has a real cash value, if exchanged for real cash.

MA can create as much token income as they like. We can turn as much token ped as we like, only real deposits will equate to real world revenue.

Real "Cost" on the other hand, cannot be manipulated like revenue. This is why a P&L account is useless, without checking the Balance Sheet of cash in the bank.

Rick.

I will add to this, as the creation of deeds has always made me laugh.

Imagine MA is the government, they want to issue bonds (government gilts), with a variable interest rate income. But they wont pay you real income, they will pay you in fluffy tokens.

MA then created an investment bank, to sell these bonds (not shares), to investors. But here's the genius part, they also own 100% of the investor community as well.

So when a bond gets traded via any deposit income, they make another bond sale from the same quantity of bonds they originally sold. Only if a withdrawal is activated, does this switch from a player to player sale.

If the bonds increase in value, the investment bank fully owned by the government, makes even more deposit income. Hence why income is always at a value that keeps the bond price high. Brilliant right!!

So... it is in MA's interest to pay a reasonable amount of fluffy token interest on deeds to maintain bond prices, as they probably make more money operating as an investment bank than a game.

Not only that, but these bonds have zero intrinsic value, and MA can manage the supply by unknown buybacks.

Just to add a little more fun, they can then implement loot 2, to account for those bonds in circulation. That is you get less loot because you need to own bonds. Hahaha.

So the only way to truly win is incur less cost in fluffy token ped playing than you get back in income fluffy ped. Yet it still costs MA nothing unless you withdraw.

Funny stuff

Rick

Your numbers only make sense if there was no loot. I know loot seems bad sometimes, but it is more than zero :)

I wonder how much of that income is due to the top 10%.
MA doesn't seem to care much about growing their player base as much as they want to keep the big depositors in.
They fill a certain niche market and they probably feel safe.

Back