Yogs and thoughts

Liu

Old Alpha
Society
French Jumper
Killashandra Liu Ling
Dear all,

Some of you here know me quite well while many probably still ignore my sole existence.

Here is my testimony :

I joined the game in 2004, almost the same day as Mc Cormick and Etopia. Yes, old names for old stories.

I took part in the first fashion show ingame in Nymphtown when there still was a catwalk there.

There were no teleporters back then, sweat caps, reached very quickly and lot of very very square pixels to make your avatar. Ugly mobs for ugly landscapes and we loved them. Because we were making it together, us and them together.

Everything was ugly and everyone or most were nice. Some people even ropleplaying ! Yes, true story !!!

That was before Project Entropia became Entropia Universe.

Things evolved, and we were all happy about that. Although many thought the rythm was way too slow compared to what was happening in the online gaming industry. Alchemic Dream was still the main French language speaking website for the community and we were having many very intense moments there. The players, Marco, Mindark. We were, somehow, all part of a whole, whitout even being aware of it.

Years passed and the game slowly became what it is now. With its scandals and abuses, Next Island and it's spoilation, Neverdie, the Asteroid, Buzz, Treasure Island, and so many other cases. It's quite amazing when we think about how many cases happened and I still find myself to be here.

Skalman left, Deathifier, left, Etopia left, Mc Cormick left, Luck left, Dreicc left, and so many others who made this game what it is today. And I can only talk from my so very little prism. So much more things happened, wonderful ones and scary ones, which I never heard of.

And still, 16 years later, I am still here.
Of course, I had my pauses, my breaks. My moments of glory and my instants of gloom.

Four years ago, I think, I decided to really come back hard into the game and decided to dedicate myself to one and only goal : win mayhems.
I invested a huge ammount of time and a lot of money.
For sure, I will not discuss figures here, because you will always be the junky of a richer man around here as much as you will always be the sugar daddy of some junky out there.
Yet, please know that I invested as much as I could, money wise and time wise, and I got support from my best friends ingame in this adventure.

I placed myself in top 5 several times until someday I started to realise that, somehow but always, people were scoring a huge ammount of points in the last two days. Always. Each mayhem, same story. No matter if I borrowed the best stuff ingame with the best pills, I was always going to be screwed one way or another.

Until last year, where I started to get bored out of this situation and started to think it over. The more I thought about it, the more I thought something was odd and I completely lost the desire to play this game.

Not only did I lose the thrill for Mayhem, but for Entropia Universe altogether.

I started touring the Universe.
Cyrene, Arkadia, Next Island, where I had my best mining runs back in the times, Toulan, Rocktropia, no, not Rocktropia, never liked it actually, Monria...several times, but still, the thrill was gone. Because no matter what I was doing, I coulnd't get idea out of my mind that something was off in this so called game.

I must admit, I am very thankful to all who took part in the exposition of this case of the yog abuse and exploit.

But mostly, rip off the other players. Because it finally allows me to put a logical explanation on what had only been feelings and impressions for years.

Yes, I lost many competitions and it was not my fault.
Yes I lost many competitions and it was because people were cheating.

It feels like I was competing in the Olympics and lost to people who were under steroids.
I feel better knowing these so called winners are actually shitbags and scumbags.

I regret only that I have spent so much of my limited lifetime to these competitions and game.
I regret that Mindark will probably never respect people like me, who feel abused, cheated, disrespected and stolen by these people.
However, I am so proud to be able to say : I am here, strong and sound, to face you, cheaters, exploiters and abusers, and the only thing you may have ever won out of this is ruining the game you probably enjoy the most.
Because the only thing you really won in there is that me and many others, probably, will leave this game, invest so much less time and money, and will let this extraordinary virtual environment fade out a little bit more in the unknown and the forgotten world wide web.

Kisses and everything,

Liu.

Dear all,

I regret only that I have spent so much of my limited lifetime to these competitions and game.
I regret that Mindark will probably never respect people like me, who feel abused, cheated, disrespected and stolen by these people.
However, I am so proud to be able to say : I am here, strong and sound, to face you, cheaters, exploiters and abusers, and the only thing you may have ever won out of this is ruining the game you probably enjoy the most.
Because the only thing you really won in there is that me and many others, probably, will leave this game, invest so much less time and money, and will let this extraordinary virtual environment fade out a little bit more in the unknown and the forgotten world wide web.

Kisses and everything,

Liu.

heads up! be happy your not a old time tamer :D ?
(jokes to the side , i agree with almost all Liu wrote... sadly i have too)

Reactions: Mel
Thank you fr this post. Very nice, but sad. I hope you stay...

I placed myself in top 5 several times until someday I started to realise that, somehow but always, people were scoring a huge ammount of points in the last two days. Always. Each mayhem, same story. No matter if I borrowed the best stuff ingame with the best pills, I was always going to be screwed one way or another.

Good points in last two days - is a common strategy used by ppl with good score - they make it during mayhem and exit the instance with only a few seconds left and finish it just before Mayhem ends so that others don't try even harder for a better score.
I suggested to change this, to change the way the score is shown to include also the unfinished runs but to mention time left. Those could become temporary scores and final scores should be just out of the finished runs. You can't hide your time in assault/defense, but you can do it in annihilation. Doing this would only apply same logic to the scoreboard... Very easy to implement, but you know how support is, they say "thanks, we forward this idea then delete the message"

I truly hope you stay and fight the good fight :)

I feel like I must add one more post to this.

Thank you for all the reputation points and comments added to them.

I am really moved by all your messages. Thank you.

What a heartfelt post. Many points resonate strongly with my own 14 years in this crazy game.

Seems it's the nature of things a la "Paradise Lost", that "Home" changes, no longer feels as it did and the world (both virtual and RL) seems to fragment under all the competition, inequality and down-right cheating.

Try not to hold regrets. It was great and wonderful while it was. Nothing can take those experiences away from any of us. More, we all grew in the process, formed friendships and shared good times and bad as real as any in the "real" world (and let's face it, the human-constructed world is not the real world, but I digress...). So, don't feel bad, but be happy for having been a part of it.

As to the cheaters, just as in the real world, there will be progress when enough people no longer tolerate the "status quo" and demand change. We all should politely but firmly ask for transparency from MA in how they deal with this. If MA are smart, they will see this too and provide just such transparency to their customers.

Bit of a ramble :)

Last edited:
Dear all,

Some of you here know me quite well while many probably still ignore my sole existence.

Here is my testimony :

I joined the game in 2004, almost the same day as Mc Cormick and Etopia. Yes, old names for old stories.

I took part in the first fashion show ingame in Nymphtown when there still was a catwalk there.

There were no teleporters back then, sweat caps, reached very quickly and lot of very very square pixels to make your avatar. Ugly mobs for ugly landscapes and we loved them. Because we were making it together, us and them together.

Everything was ugly and everyone or most were nice. Some people even ropleplaying ! Yes, true story !!!

That was before Project Entropia became Entropia Universe.

Things evolved, and we were all happy about that. Although many thought the rythm was way too slow compared to what was happening in the online gaming industry. Alchemic Dream was still the main French language speaking website for the community and we were having many very intense moments there. The players, Marco, Mindark. We were, somehow, all part of a whole, whitout even being aware of it.

Years passed and the game slowly became what it is now. With its scandals and abuses, Next Island and it's spoilation, Neverdie, the Asteroid, Buzz, Treasure Island, and so many other cases. It's quite amazing when we think about how many cases happened and I still find myself to be here.

Skalman left, Deathifier, left, Etopia left, Mc Cormick left, Luck left, Dreicc left, and so many others who made this game what it is today. And I can only talk from my so very little prism. So much more things happened, wonderful ones and scary ones, which I never heard of.

And still, 16 years later, I am still here.
Of course, I had my pauses, my breaks. My moments of glory and my instants of gloom.

Four years ago, I think, I decided to really come back hard into the game and decided to dedicate myself to one and only goal : win mayhems.
I invested a huge ammount of time and a lot of money.
For sure, I will not discuss figures here, because you will always be the junky of a richer man around here as much as you will always be the sugar daddy of some junky out there.
Yet, please know that I invested as much as I could, money wise and time wise, and I got support from my best friends ingame in this adventure.

Until last year, where I started to get bored out of this situation and started to think it over. The more I thought about it, the more I thought something was odd and I completely lost the desire to play this game.

Not only did I lose the thrill for Mayhem, but for Entropia Universe altogether.

I started touring the Universe.
Cyrene, Arkadia, Next Island, where I had my best mining runs back in the times, Toulan, Rocktropia, no, not Rocktropia, never liked it actually, Monria...several times, but still, the thrill was gone. Because no matter what I was doing, I coulnd't get idea out of my mind that something was off in this so called game.

I must admit, I am very thankful to all who took part in the exposition of this case of the yog abuse and exploit.

But mostly, rip off the other players. Because it finally allows me to put a logical explanation on what had only been feelings and impressions for years.

Yes, I lost many competitions and it was not my fault.
Yes I lost many competitions and it was because people were cheating.

It feels like I was competing in the Olympics and lost to people who were under steroids.
I feel better knowing these so called winners are actually shitbags and scumbags.

Kisses and everything,

Liu.

Thanks for the post, i find myself there too.
Ive been here way too many years, and i feel exactly the way u described. Sadly MA will prob dont do anything about these exploiters/cheaters/bot users and rest of people whos destroying our universe.

Hope u stay, and find the power to keep going!

Good luck to you.

Project Entropia and Entropia Universe were 2 completely different games.
The first was a game of exploration and of social interaction.
The latter is a game of money and mindless grinding.

Sadly, the old times will never come back.
The positive thing is that at least we're old enough to have experienced the real project entropia.
At least we still have that memory that many late comers don't have.

The glory has gone. But there's nothing we can do about it. Either except it, or leave.

At least we still have that choice...

Project Entropia and Entropia Universe were 2 completely different games.
The first was a game of exploration and of social interaction.
The latter is a game of money and mindless grinding.

Sadly, the old times will never come back.
The positive thing is that at least we're old enough to have experienced the real project entropia.
At least we still have that memory that many late comers don't have.

The glory has gone. But there's nothing we can do about it. Either except it, or leave.

At least we still have that choice...

Seconded, We have the memories (Although i lost my screenshots from back then :( all that remains is my profile picture here which i wont take out due to this) in our minds.

you would see how fast things could change if all the ubers would go on a 1 or 2 months strike. if the income is gone they would have to do something about it.

I understand where you are coming from totally. It was bittersweet to read your post as I've been around since 2007 and have seen the rise and fall of alot of the things that you mentioned.

Everytime there is a scandal my heart sinks just a little bit more because I have always had a love and a passion for this game. It was my first mmo back in 2007 and I was so noob in every which way. I remember there used to be an audio file that could be heard while playing. I don't remember the exact wording but it was to the effect of skills matter. It would say this over and over.

So I've always had that mindset and have tried to skill to the best of my ability and budget. I'm never going to be the best player and I'm ok with that. But I've also always lived with the hope that if I keep progressing that maybe with a little luck I would win a mayhem or similar event someday... because skills, gear, etc matter right?

But, given that I'm never going to be the best player on an even playing field... how do I even hope to have a chance on an uneven playing field when people use exploits and cheats to gain advantages.

Mindark is quick to act when it feels that a player has wronged them. IE, Danny and Cobra with chipgate. Mindark deemed they should be temp banned and have skills stripped from them upon their return. Danny and Cobra fucked up so yeah, they deserved to be punished. Ok great.

So here we have a case where there has been mayhem cheating going on for who knows how long and because it's a crime against fellow players mindark does the least amount possible as an action. It erases scores and says it's business as usual. What it shows to me in my opinion (and you know what they say about opinions) is they truly don't care, and they truly don't know what they are doing. The lack of communication has long been a problem.

I keep holding my breath and waiting for them to prove me wrong. All I can say is that ever since reading about yet another exploit really makes me feel less enthused to play a game that I have long loved and been passionate about.

I think mayhem as it is a broken system. It should be overhauled. There should be no more instances for people to hide in to compete. Mayhem should be a competition out in the open. I liked the fen event where fen tokens dropped while you were hunting anywhere... I enjoyed that event it felt more fair. Perhaps others have a different opinion and that's ok. Maybe an open discussion with the devs about new ways and ideas to have mayhem is long overdue.

anyways, just my thoughts on the matter.

If you dont deal with vermin they breed and then you have a much bigger problem.

I agree with much of what the OP said.

Thank you for the hidden comments.

It really is moving. You all take good care of yourselves.

Kisses and all, with a mask,

Liu.

Last edited:
As Mega said, vermin will always be with us, they are a fact of life & must be dealt with. Otherwise they spoil it for everyone .

I regret I was unaware of Entropia way back when - looks like I missed the Golden Age :(

Well said Liu , but please do not despair.

There are still many adventures to be had , think beyond this moment and find again what it is you love.

And , I agree RavenJade , FEN was a blast.

Its pretty pathetic that because DannyO used a chip that was given to him, he gets temp banned and skills reset, yet the people taking advantage of everyone else in the game, and mindark included, slap on the wrist we reset your scores, have at it again and have some fun. Its the same idiots cheating in this game every day, the same people all the bot posts have been about, everyone is aware of it at this point. Mindark is aware of it, and nothing gets done. Time to take your own rules of the game to heart MA or I imagine quite a few people will be leaving, how many have been cheated because of this little mayhem exploit over god knows how long.. Pretty obvious the avatars at fault or the small group of people who were aware of it, just check old PCF posts of who was looking to buy this gem of a pet during mayhems, also avatars who never mine :D go figure. What DannyO did was wrong, and he was punished rather quickly, how about the people that have been exploiting mayhems or using bots in the game, can we expect to see any kind of punishment to these useless avatars?

FYI, I've heard that the yog buff still works on non-laser weapons. Have heard from multiple people it's still not fixed... I submitted another support case.

GL and Happy Hunting.

FYI, I've heard that the yog buff still works on non-laser weapons. Have heard from multiple people it's still not fixed... I submitted another support case.

GL and Happy Hunting.

imagine how fast you could nuke a pedcard with 55% FR on swine deluxe

GL and Happy Hunting.

Mindark fix your stupid shit and learn to code properly. This beyond amateur.

Mindark fix your stupid shit and learn to code properly. This beyond amateur.

reeeeee!! he said learn to code!! reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!:) sigh

GL and Happy Hunting.

OMG, insane ..... :eyecrazy:

Somehow not surprised.
Today is a new week, maybe some changes are to be expected.
However I log in again after my post. Will check auction next weekend and decide afterwards what to do.

As of now, hope is gone.

MA said lately: 5 participants in Summer Mayhem Annihilation and 7 participants in Summer Mayhem Assault.
But they could show their names to the community to know who are those "heroes" or ban them forever, but I guess we know their names, the same guys who are cheating for decades, winning LA with 100% aim, hunting mobs with the bot.

GL and Happy Hunting.

If it's true, the guys who still using this must have enormous balls

Liu,

I'm with you 100% :banghead:

I too have been around since the game has started, June 1003, I've prided myself in the past on simple things like no chipping but then found I had to chip to have any advantage, etc. So many events I was left in the dust and never stood a chance even thought I tried my hardest, only to find some players were using "techniques" that none others were using and so I had a choice to use them or not, I NEVER used them but felt sad MA condoned them or made things like the Terminator that others just couldn't stand a chance in events against.

A story for you, along the lines of your OP and might help:
You remember the CES conventions? If you recall there was an event or competition between Star and Every, both were facing off in an event using the event system at the time. It was either highest single loot or most globals or something, forget.
Now, I've competed in many of these events back home and never won, pissed me off since I knew I was good enough to win but just couldn't win. So now I'm here at CES, standing right there watching these ubers face off 1v1 in the event. I'm thinking wow I'm getting a once in a life time chance to see wtf these ubers do to win!
You want to know what I witnessed?
You won't believe it.
Mind you MA staff is standing right there, monitoring the event.
So, minutes and even seconds before the event started both ubers do somethings that blew my mind.
I felt EXACTLY like you feel in the OP!
These ubers, both of them, minutes before the start, chipped in lots of skills, chipped out some skills, just minutes before the event.
I'm like WTF??? Why do that?
Then seconds before the event start they both round up like 20-30 mobs and kill all of them and LEAVE the dead mobs on the ground!
I'm seriously like WTF at this point, thinking to myself how the feck am I ever going to win an event if I don't know and do these stupid things that they know and do???
So end of story, event starts and BAM, BAM, BAM, BAM, both are globaling right out the door!
And I'm left dumbfounded.
The entire time MA staff were there watching what they were doing and it was just "how it works". Mind you this was old MA staff, they have changed a lot since then.

What did I learn from that experience? I learned that if anyone ever wants any chance of winning an event they need to know a shit more than I thought I'd ever know. I didn't compete in an event for years after that experience.

Since this post is about the yog exploit, yes let's call it what it is an exploit, it's far beyond just info and tricks that conform to the rules given, yog pet states it gives mining extraction speed not reload speed and it's a bug, those who used it are using an exploit plane and simple. I think all of us feel like you, abused, I'm trying to stay on topic.

Please keep in mind it is possible to play clean and win events. I've done it quite a few times, but probably only since my Categories 7 and 8 have been clean of some players that might have been using said exploits to win. I lost quite a few events in the last years, wasting a feck ton of peds, and now I too have to wonder if others were using this exploit. :mad:

You might have read a post or two about me "cheating" I'll tell you with all sincerity I've never cheated in Mayhem, I've played buy the rules given, and actually won. Yes, I've used info that others didn't have but nothing that wasn't true to the rules of the event. So it very much is possible to win, but of course it takes a lot to do.

If you believe all the trash talk and twisted lies out their any sane person would feel depressed. Find out what's real and true and disregard the rest, best advice I can give.

But to hear of others using insane exploits like 55% reload and such is really, really disheartening and crushes our moral and willingness to compete. Then to find MA only slaps them on the wrist for doing it? We all really have to hold them to the rules they gave, and all those who used the Yog exploit MUST be disqualified and banned from the events, just per the rules MA provided! But this is MA, their game, their ability to do what they want. But as players we can influence them, I've done it before and the game is better as a result! We just have to state our minds and persist in them doing the right thing. I've met some of the MA staff, they are good people and they want to and will fix things if they know what to fix!

And it's worth saying, since the trolls will, MA falsely removed my scores when they did the clean sweep on all who were using the yog exploit. Witness, I've not had a yog horror pet or yog hatchling pet with the buff unlocked for a month or so, so I obviously couldn't use the bug, but MA being MA they messed up and wiped my scores. :mad: If you search the forums you will see I made a post about yog being bugged in a diferent way, I turned off the buff and have not used the buff since, that's the truth regardless what the trolls will say. MA has the logs and I'll still be here as I never exploited this bug.

So like I said, lot of info out there is false, don't let it get to you. Some people on the forums are just trolling or pushing their agenda and they don't care about who they hurt doing it. And to top it off MA are not perfect thus feeding the trolls.

Again I do feel what you are going through and I hope all I said above helps you in some way.

And I'll say I'm sorry beforehand since the trolls will try to take all I said above and throw it off topic, push more lies circling around, etc. and through your thread off topic.

Haters will hate and on the forums they can be anonymous so they think they can get away with their lies and such. Take it all with a grain of salt and keep positive!

The one thing haters themselves hate most is when those they "hate on" succeed and do well, it drives them mad! So keep positive and doing well in whatever you decide to do!!! And as always if I can help in any way, just ask.

Liu,

I too have been around since the game has started, June 1003, I've prided myself in the past on simple things like no chipping but then found I had to chip to have any advantage, etc. So many events I was left in the dust and never stood a chance even thought I tried my hardest, only to find some players were using "techniques" that none others were using and so I had a choice to use them or not, I NEVER used them but felt sad MA condoned them or made things like the Terminator that others just couldn't stand a chance in events against.

You remember the CES conventions? If you recall there was an event or competition between Star and Every, both were facing off in an event using the event system at the time. It was either highest single loot or most globals or something, forget.
Now, I've competed in many of these events back home and never won, pissed me off since I knew I was good enough to win but just couldn't win. So now I'm here at CES, standing right there watching these ubers face off 1v1 in the event. I'm thinking wow I'm getting a once in a life time chance to see wtf these ubers do to win!
You won't believe it.
So, minutes and even seconds before the event started both ubers do somethings that blew my mind.
These ubers, both of them, minutes before the start, chipped in lots of skills, chipped out some skills, just minutes before the event.
Then seconds before the event start they both round up like 20-30 mobs and kill all of them and LEAVE the dead mobs on the ground!
I'm seriously like WTF at this point, thinking to myself how the feck am I ever going to win an event if I don't know and do these stupid things that they know and do???
So end of story, event starts and BAM, BAM, BAM, BAM, both are globaling right out the door!
The entire time MA staff were there watching what they were doing and it was just "how it works". Mind you this was old MA staff, they have changed a lot since then.

What did I learn from that experience? I learned that if anyone ever wants any chance of winning an event they need to know a shit more than I thought I'd ever know. I didn't compete in an event for years after that experience.

Since this post is about the yog exploit, yes let's call it what it is an exploit, it's far beyond just info and tricks that conform to the rules given, yog pet states it gives mining extraction speed not reload speed and it's a bug, those who used it are using an exploit plane and simple. I think all of us feel like you, abused, I'm trying to stay on topic.

Please keep in mind it is possible to play clean and win events. I've done it quite a few times, but probably only since my Categories 7 and 8 have been clean of some players that might have been using said exploits to win. I lost quite a few events in the last years, wasting a feck ton of peds, and now I too have to wonder if others were using this exploit. :mad:

You might have read a post or two about me "cheating" I'll tell you with all sincerity I've never cheated in Mayhem, I've played buy the rules given, and actually won. Yes, I've used info that others didn't have but nothing that wasn't true to the rules of the event. So it very much is possible to win, but of course it takes a lot to do.

If you believe all the trash talk and twisted lies out their any sane person would feel depressed. Find out what's real and true and disregard the rest, best advice I can give.

But to hear of others using insane exploits like 55% reload and such is really, really disheartening and crushes our moral and willingness to compete. Then to find MA only slaps them on the wrist for doing it? We all really have to hold them to the rules they gave, and all those who used the Yog exploit MUST be disqualified and banned from the events, just per the rules MA provided! But this is MA, their game, their ability to do what they want. But as players we can influence them, I've done it before and the game is better as a result! We just have to state our minds and persist in them doing the right thing. I've met some of the MA staff, they are good people and they want to and will fix things if they know what to fix!

And it's worth saying, since the trolls will, MA falsely removed my scores when they did the clean sweep on all who were using the yog exploit. Witness, I've not had a yog horror pet or yog hatchling pet with the buff unlocked for a month or so, so I obviously couldn't use the bug, but MA being MA they messed up and wiped my scores. :mad: If you search the forums you will see I made a post about yog being bugged in a diferent way, I turned off the buff and have not used the buff since, that's the truth regardless what the trolls will say. MA has the logs and I'll still be here as I never exploited this bug.

So like I said, lot of info out there is false, don't let it get to you. Some people on the forums are just trolling or pushing their agenda and they don't care about who they hurt doing it. And to top it off MA are not perfect thus feeding the trolls.

Again I do feel what you are going through and I hope all I said above helps you in some way.

And I'll say I'm sorry beforehand since the trolls will try to take all I said above and throw it off topic, push more lies circling around, etc. and through your thread off topic.

Haters will hate and on the forums they can be anonymous so they think they can get away with their lies and such. Take it all with a grain of salt and keep positive!

The one thing haters themselves hate most is when those they "hate on" succeed and do well, it drives them mad! So keep positive and doing well in whatever you decide to do!!! And as always if I can help in any way, just ask.

This is really nice and all, but what about the hunting BOT you are using? :tongue2:

Liu,

You won't believe it.

didnt read the post but i would bet you are the guy who found out about this bug from the beginning since u used it everywhere since day1

didnt read the post but i would bet you are the guy who found out about this bug from the beginning since u used it everywhere since day1

Sorry if this is taking thread off topic.

By Elaina's own admission, she didn't read my post. Yet she still spreads false accusations and even adds some of her own poison to the mix?

Since it never happened she has no proof, but spreads false lies like facts. And she can even take that video showing me using a yog pet at LG and spin it like I had buff active, when I truly did not.

The burden of proof rests with MindArk at this point unfortunately. And I can promise I'm fine, I'll still be here and my account is safe since I never used the exploit.

The burden of proof rests with MindArk at this point unfortunately.

You gave us the proof already in this thread. You admitted you had deleted score HERE:

sDVWsLO.png

So we have enough from you now. Please stop...

Back