Graphic issue causing crazy lag escaped from the caves !

~ Cirrus ~

Prowler
This have been said:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...rgo-cave-and-some-others-caves&highlight=cave

And even before, this :

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-are-lagging-since-last-update&highlight=cave

1 YEAR AGO !
And nothing has been made, still the same.. :eyecrazy:

So what I was doing is easy, never gone in cave again.
And probably lot of players do the same.

BUT...

Today I discovered that the exact same issue apeared after last VU, or one of the last patch, at Oil RIG !

Frame rate drop to 5/10 images/second at maximum when equiping a gun or fap there.. :mad:
(it don't do whith mining tools)

Can you explain to me how I'm suposed to kill the noob invaders there whith 5 images/second ? :confused:

People who were there I talk to, said it was the same for them.. UNPLAYABLE.

PLEASE MA DO SOMETHING !

Try to turn off "Locking ignores view" under gameplay settings, that solved the issue in caves for me.
Reported it here, sent a ticket - didnt get where it was supposed to get I guess.

It seems like that the locking algorithm freaks out occasionally in certain areas (e.g. caves). Would be interesting to see if the same happens outside as well now.

Try to turn off "Locking ignores view" under gameplay settings, that solved the issue in caves for me.
Reported it here, sent a ticket - didnt get where it was supposed to get I guess.

It seems like that the locking algorithm freaks out occasionally in certain areas (e.g. caves).

Oh, it makes sense, that would be why it's only whith weapons/fap. :wise:

How did they not figure this out in a year ?
But did they really try ?.. :rolleyes:

Nice if they know what cause it, they will finally FIX caves, and other places like rig now.. :yay:

Would be interesting to see if the same happens outside as well now.

It does, don't know what they changed at rig lately but now it's the same as in caves..

maybe someone got ahold of the "revolution won't be televised playbook"? this is exactly how i would play it if my objective is to eliminate instances in the game. just like they are doing in real life, with people. making it unplayable for a time, then let it go on for awhile, eventually the majority will cry out for what YOU WANTED all along but before the banhammer comes down on the instances.

a girl can dream, right!

oh, did i mention, i hate instances. i'm sure the orignal game designers did too. it's been hell since they came into being. i for one will not miss them.

as for real life, don't be a boiled frog yo.

Back