Suggestion: Incentivize Reports of Exploits and Bugs

I think this is the only way to see progress.

There are enough "rival factions" in the game who hate each other who are also skilled at looking for and identifying potential exploits. If the rewards are generous enough, these rivals will compete with each other to get the first report, if for no other reason than to block their rivals from getting the bounty.

But this also requires MindArk to actually take action on these reports.

Just want to make a comment that I reported a big exploit that is in the game from the recent VU.

It has been ignored thus far.

Just want to make a comment that I reported a big exploit that is in the game from the recent VU.

It has been ignored thus far.

If you post it here then the players will know and MA will be forced to take action. This is the only reason the Yog exploit was acted upon by MA - Thanks again Xen.

PS Suggest you also post at least the support case number - Maybe Ludwig can prioritize it?

Another potential exploit discovered by players before MA, also affecting this season's Mayhem.

People are calling MA to hire a full time QA tester, and MindArk is ignoring the potential to gain significantly better results at a fraction of the cost by implementing this suggestion.

Best would be to make the instances public 1 month before event and award a 5k PED worth of UA to whoever can find a significant bug in the instance.

Best would be to make the instances public 1 month before event and award a 5k PED worth of UA to whoever can find a significant bug in the instance.

A single 5K PED UA award? Or 5K for each significant bug found? Because it seems this Mayhem that a single 5K award would have been expended on the Yog exploit, offering no award to the reporter of the multiple instance buff exploit, which is also very significant.

and you pay those 5k PED? :D

A single 5K PED UA award? Or 5K for each significant bug found? Because it seems this Mayhem that a single 5K award would have been expended on the Yog exploit, offering no award to the reporter of the multiple instance buff exploit, which is also very significant.

ANY significant bug. That way there will be a big hunt for possible exploits and the bugs will be weeded out in a short amount of time (I presume here new ones will not come every mayhem :D)

4 days left until I publish the exploit.

I gave them until July 1. They haven't even so much as picked up my support case.

I thought you were going to do better with support? It still sucks ass.

Players deserve better.. so much better. This level of complacency (the best word I could come up with) is beyond sketchy.

fixed it ;)

You always say MA can't give more to players, so you should pay for the bug finding incentive :D

It would be very easy to pay it out of salary/benefits savings from the QA team which should exist. I would venture a guess that it would only end up costing 15k-25K PED per quarter on the high end, which is a fraction of the average monthly wage of a worker in Gothenburg.

I think the recent Danny O punishment. Implied MA are prepared to strip players of over a decade of attributes. Maybe that was a one off. But blimey if the witch hunters run the show, sooner of later you will hang an innocent player from the nearest tree.

That was a field heal chip, not even a gun making extra income.

I dont want to be punished for an unknown bug. I log in, add pets and rings to my ava and shoot. Simple as that.

If anything we need clarity, on types of punishment. Even judges in the real world have set limits based on categories of crimes committed.

Plus we have no jury either. Worrying indeed.

Rick.
If you shot with 15 20% extra reload, that's not unknown bug, you were very aware of it and should be perma banned.

Back