Suggestion: Solution to botting

... I'll tell you one simple thing. When you kill smaller mobs 24/7 for a prolonged period of time, your returns in the longrun would range from 95% to 100%+ with MU depending on the mob, wether you mine/craft and how the stars are aligned. Basically botters are able to efficiently cycle large amounts of PEDs, but those who hunt casually with ~90% returns have to constantly deposit to maintain the same cycle. There are other implications here that I'm not going to go into, bot those those who hunt (and hunt only) with ~90% returns... good luck....

Although I think "the house always wins", so I don't believe in 100% return rates for anyone, let's accept that you have a point. In the long term, those who play more can approach the ideal 95% offered by the game. But, only "boters" could do this? Or maybe professional players too? Yes, those that have the same avatar but perhaps a company behind them with several people who operates such avatar at different times? Is it valid there? Or maybe very smart people could do that too? Yes, those whose same avatar is also used by their wife and son at home? In that case would it be fine?

What you say really reminds me that joke about someone praying to God in a flood. !OMG get me out of here! He cried. First an old man passed by there on a table and said him: "come with me!". And the man replied: "No thanks. God will save me" and let old man pass. Then a young man passed by there on a tire and said him: "come with me!". And the man replied: "No thanks. God will save me" and let young man pass. Then the flood killed the man and when he got to heaven he asked to God: "I prayed a lot asking you to save me and you didn't". God answered him: "I sent you two people to save you but you did not go up with them".

MA gave an autoclick for everyone and also gave the F key for everyone. I think God already answered.

Thats all folks for me in this thread. Good Luck mates! :cool:

PD - What I do believe is: in competitions like Mayhem there should be no inequalities.

In the long term, those who play more can approach the ideal 95% offered by the game. But, only "boters" could do this? Or maybe professional players too? Yes, those that have the same avatar but perhaps a company behind them with several people who operates such avatar at different times?

It's the same thing, and the 95% is only for TT spent, then you have MU and activities in other professions.

And I really don't know what MA could possibly do about this other than introducing an ingame autohunting function that would be available to everyone. Maybe I should train my cat to press the F key while I sleep/work/do other stuff :D

Btw, I've heard that saying when I was a kid.

MA should just make all mobs shared loot and introduce an auto hunt function :rolleyes:
They made it easier to auto hunt by adding interact function and putting auto loot pills in tt.

well... skills matter and we can't keep up skill-wise against botters.

if you can't get rid of botting then i want a skill boost to compensate me against botters.

You can't keep up skill wise with wealthy players who can "play on condition". You can't keep up skill wise with people who don't have to work for whatever reason and can play 16 hours every day. You can't keep up skill wise with people who have other people play their account for them.

Well why even bother with current hunting mechanics then, just add a "hunting terminal" where you select the mob you want to hunt, whether you want to heal and at what % of health you should use your healing and click 'start'. It will start hunting for you in the terminal UI using 'shots', once you reach enough to kill 1 mob you get loot. At the end of the hunt it will display your returns. It can end early if you die or run out of ammo.

Pretty much just a copy of the crafting terminal but for hunting. Then people can choose to hunt and enjoy the normal way, or hunt via the teminal and play something else in the meantime.

Then do the same for mining and that will solve the third party bot problem.

Probably not good for the game (well who actually knows on that, as EP crafting seems to keep the lights on), but you can't really complain about hunting bots after that.

Back