Where did our CMs go?

Rocket192

Elite
Society
Classified
Sean Rocket Connors
Why is it that all of our community managers vanished after a really active period once the yog buff made shit hit the fan?

ludvig is gone, devs are gone, 711 is out here locking every thread left and right, Myant is gone from the discord.... I mean what the fuck. You provide community management/relations when there's no issues to manage but not when players need some real assistance?

Why is it that all of our community managers vanished after a really active period once the yog buff made shit hit the fan?

Ludvig is gone, devs are gone, 711 is out here locking every thread left and right, Myant is gone from the discord.... I mean what the fuck. You provide community management/relations when there's no issues to manage but not when players need some real assistance?

Makes you wonder..:yup:

ludvig is gone, devs are gone, 711 is out here locking every thread left and right, Myant is gone from the discord.... I mean what the fuck. You provide community management/relations when there's no issues to manage but not when players need some real assistance?

Ludvig isn't gone, he is commenting on threads and doing his function as a community manage on this forum.

I think your attention is directled wrongly as they are as you put it community managers, not developers. You and I both know that a community manager can only answer your questions if the teams that are responsible for the areas provide proper responses for them. Same goes for sanctions on players and stuff.

What I mean to say is and I think this is what you are really asking:
  • where are the technicians responsible for making the mechanics work as intended;
  • where are the people responsible for sanctioning players for abuses and other illegal activities.

Why? Because even support tickets that require mild technical answers are not being replied to for months and years in some cases.

Writing on the forums for Ludvig to forward stuff to the fictitious teams seems to be the only way to get any form of feedback from MA at this moment in time so... Sad, but true as evidenced by many previous threads in the forum lately.

It's nice the be a manager when things workout well. Not so fun when you need to solve problems.

One support case about this matter is really serious and could never be closed before the fix! Sometimes I wonder if it's a cheap AI behind the support department.

Some years ago I remember being stuck at Space on a saturday and needed to wait until monday to get my problem fix. A company that invest in so many things out of the game, like castles, digital currency, mobile games, even buy other companies stocks, all to ending up not getting any profit. lol But at same time they can't pay one or two guys to be at the office on the weekends?

My recent support case was closed in a matter of hours but the game continues to stopping to work time to time, they just removed the failed messages.

I start to believe that they don't event have one employee that knows how to program and they outsource it to some cheap Indian programmer to make the work for them.

Please stop with the ridiculous exaggeration and hyperbole. Only 3 threads were locked in the past week, and one of those was an intentional duplicate thread of an already existing discussion.

Ludvig is not "gone" by any means, and in fact was working pretty much the entire past weekend dealing with community feedback and moderating the forum. I know, because I was here with him trying to keep the discussions civil and productive. :wise:

Stop spreading false information, and tone down the entitlement.

As I have stated many times, PCF IS NOT A SUPPORT FORUM; it is a community discussion forum. MindArk officials have never been obligated to respond to threads, posts, or private messages posted on PCF, and that is still the case.

If you want more direct interaction with MindArk about a particular issue, submit a support case through the approved official channels.

Why? Because even support tickets that require mild technical answers are not being replied to for months and years in some cases.

If you want more direct interaction with MindArk about a particular issue, submit a support case through the approved official channels.

Unintended humour? It's a good idea though, write a support case about your unanswered support case. ;)

Please stop with the ridiculous exaggeration and hyperbole. Only 3 threads were locked in the past week, and one of those was an intentional duplicate thread of an already existing discussion.

Ludvig is not "gone" by any means, and in fact was working pretty much the entire past weekend dealing with community feedback and moderating the forum. I know, because I was here with him trying to keep the discussions civil and productive. :wise:

As I have stated many times, PCF IS NOT A SUPPORT FORUM; it is a community discussion forum. MindArk officials have never been obligated to respond to threads, posts, or private messages posted on PCF, and that is still the case.

I think Rocket directed himself wrongly, as I stated on my post... But the support ticket thing is simply no longer true. Proof of that is the anti gravity box thread, that coincidentaly, as soon as ludvig wrote his post there, my support ticket got an answer (minutes difference really)... This is dangerous precedent.

Unintended humour? It's a good idea though, write a support case about your unanswered support case. ;)

Was really unintended, The facts show that support tickets only get "some feedback" when published here for the public to become aware... If I am the only one that sees the danger in this precedent... Then we are in for a rough ride in the future for sure.

I get they trying to take their time finding some sort of answer that will seem plausible, or they wanna see if this will die itself out, but sometimes you just gotta own up and face the music.

It's better than all this silence, it makes people really questions things and as evident by amount of times this thing has surfaced recently clearly their silence is doing more harm than good.

At the very least they should let us know that they are aware of that the YOG EXPLOIT is still not completely fixed (can still use with non laser weapons apparently), and that they will take measures to ban (or at the very least disqualify) all those who continue to abuse it.

It made no logical sense for me for them to state that they found 5+7 exploiters already in mayhem but they only reset their scores. The right way would've been to disqualify them, and possibly temporary ban, imo pending investigation if they have abused in past events too they should get perma-banned or reset their combat skills at the least.

In order to restore some trust they should at least tell us why they opted for such a soft 'action' otherwise it makes it seem like they don't care at all about their remaining honest players and that exploiting is basically legal as long as it doesn't affect them.

One thing MA should do, is what should've been done 'yesterday', the right thing to restore community faith is to comment on this thread. Explain why they haven't answered so far, and what steps are being taken/considered at this time.

Some questions that would be nice to get answered.
1. Why did you guys not disqualify the exploiters in this years mayhem?

2. Why is the yog horror buff still working for non laser weapons?

3. Why all the fiasco of the ban of DannyO but no proper action taken to actual exploiters in an event that can make them win real prizes?

4. Is botting actually allowed? Follow up question if yes, do you plan to develop a botting pill or similar? If no, then why hasn't any punitive actions been taken for certain botters who been caught in the act in the past? It sends mixed messages.

5. What steps are being taken to insure that botters can't get such a big advantage from human players?
For example in another game they have a "Stamina timer" (like 36 hours) after certain amount of hours (lets say 16 hours) you will get less skill points. If your stamina hours goes down to 0 you will get 0 skill points.
When you logout the stamina timer goes up based on the amount of hours you were logged out. So for example if you sleep for 8 hours logged out, you could get 16h stamina. This should help prevent 24/7 skilling. Maybe even give the player a X% debuff on loot return after 20 hours of continuous active gameplay.

Last edited:
Writing on the forums for Ludvig to forward stuff to the fictitious teams seems to be the only way to get any form of feedback from MA at this moment in time so... Sad, but true as evidenced by many previous threads in the forum lately.

yeah basically this. Mindark basically annexes itself from all meaningful two-way communication unless you fille a lawsuit and send them a fucking subpoena.

terrible business model and in my experience in working with swedish companies it seems to be the norm. very relaxed mentality that problems will disappear over time... to some degree they're correct, but it's our job to put on the broken record and continue reminding them that we're tired of the bots and we're tired of the exploits/bugs that cost us thousands of dollars going unpunished.

this is our only voice as "Mindark reads the forums regularly"

support cases do not get answered. Stop making my point seem even more relevant. Best thing Mindark can do to stop the cesspool is give us a damn official response. Two working days now and they can't craft a 4-5 sentence response to what happened? give me a fucking break man. Upper management needs maybe 15-20 minutes to review facts and tell peons how to proceed. Clearly the silence was a fucking conscious decision on their part and it's not going to slip under the rug this time.

By any stretch, PCF is our only collective means of communication and by assocation you are the only one to facillitate this communication. I understand we can be toxix 90% of the time, but we're just getting frustrated at this point. Granted i speak for myself, but my reputation comments suggest others feel this way too.

I get they trying to take their time finding some sort of answer that will seem plausible, or they wanna see if this will die itself out, but sometimes you just gotta own up and face the music.

LoL
I think there are 2 people out of 40 that know what buff is in the game. And another two that know what Yog is. Neither knows what's going on, nor would they care if they would find out and the management thinks some haters hate those who do well in events so they don't care about it at all. Sounds more plausible?
:cool:

I haven't really chimed in because I'm not a moderator and try to stay out of such posts, but maybe people need to be reminded that rule 2.9 exists from time to time?

2.9 - Excessive Complaining
Excessive complaining and/or whining disrupts the Mission of PlanetCalypsoForum and interferes with the ability of other members and visitors to enjoy their visit to PlanetCalypsoForum, and is therefore NOT permitted. Any content submitted to PlanetCalypsoForum that is considered by the Forum Staff to be in violation of this rule may be edited or deleted without notice.

I'm all about accountability for some of the things going on recently, but there's also a point where people need to have realistic expectations about the forums with the above in mind.

I haven't really chimed in because I'm not a moderator and try to stay out of such posts, but maybe people need to be reminded that rule 2.9 exists from time to time?

I'm all about accountability for some of the things going on recently, but there's also a point where people need to have realistic expectations about the forums with the above in mind.

i've been banned for 2.9 before iirc... and it was because i used some profane language towards an old calypso team member in here...

regardless.... 2.9 is just the mod's way out from having actual issues and discussion of such issues from being broadcast in the forum for drifters and new players to see.

our game is broken as fuck right now and as paying customers we deserve better before MA heads out on a 3 month vacation.

enough people seem to care that this gets addressed and our support cases are going unanswered.

enough people seem to care that these get addressed and our support cases are going unanswered.

In my experience, the people that don't care don't bother posting their views about it, I seem to be the only one that has the guts to do so...

I get some +rep from it so obviously there are others that don't give a shit, they just don't bother posting.

I'm probably going to stop posting as well since I just get drowned out by the few that are EXTREMELY vocal about it...

Ludvig isn't gone, he is commenting on threads and doing his function as a community manage on this forum.

I think your attention is directled wrongly as they are as you put it community managers, not developers. You and I both know that a community manager can only answer your questions if the teams that are responsible for the areas provide proper responses for them.

Well, if they are actually community managers and not developers, then they should be able to do their job communicating while they wait and addressing what they can, just like every major game company.

You are basically saying that one or more paid positions in the company should be on hold while another position finishes, which is highly inefficient, and typically leads to business failure. If they are paid to communicate with the community perhaps they should just start there.

MA is the 1st company I know of that uses the time of the community manager to manage a forum without being part of the conversations.

I think there is a very misleading tone they set when there are official posts like this on this very forum.

My name is My Antonsson and I have recently been hired as Community Relations Manager for MindArk. My role will be to provide the community with insights into MindArk as a company, and help to improve communication.

While Ludvig will continue to handle the day-to-day community feedback and communication on PlanetCalypsoForum , I will be focused on keeping you updated on MindArk as a company, its current and future plans, and profiles of our team members (more exciting news on that front coming soon™!).

I look forward to getting to know the unique Entropia Universe community, and I hope you have a splendid day!

My Antonsson

Community Relations Manager
MindArk

Hard to fault the players for actually believing what they read here.

Last edited:
In my experience, the people that don't care don't bother posting their views about it, I seem to be the only one that has the guts to do so...

I get some +rep from it so obviously there are others that don't give a shit, they just don't bother posting.

I'm probably going to stop posting as well since I just get drowned out by the few that are EXTREMELY vocal about it...

Well, We see and hear your stand and it is duly noted for sure. I don't think it takes balls though..Ummmm

Ok, maybe so if still in use after discovery.

Last edited:
Well, if they are actually community managers and not developers, then they should be able to do their job communicating while they wait and addressing what they can, just like every major game company.

You are basically saying that one or more paid positions in the company should be on hold while another position finishes, which is highly inefficient, and typically leads to business failure. If they are paid to communicate with the community perhaps they should just start there.

MA is the 1st company I know of that uses the time of the community manager to manage a forum without being part of the conversations.

Am I wrong in my assessment of how ineficient their company is atm?

Because this is what I am seeing with unresponded support tickets on technical issues and whatnot, yet other support tickets from other biased people get answered straight up with BS clogging the systems?

What I really mean is: a community manager who used to be a player, which is the case, only knows so much in order to be able to answer, and also, unless you or someone has read the MA NDA, neither you me or anyone know what he can directly answer or not.

All I am saying is this: Don't shoot the messenger... Not his apparent fault, but don't stop shooting at him to maintain pressure.

The usual happened. Did some stuff and disappeared?

Ludvig is really doing a great job btw, only so much he can do tho!

Mindark seems to function in a 1980s mentality a lot of time... you know, before the internet, before social media... lets just put out a quarterly statement or annual statement and yadda yadda yadda...

Monria's Hub makes me think of how Mindark's corporate office culture is in many ways... old 1980s style decor and mentality...

They do put out some events now and then, but not much else... Yes, it would be nice if there was more... but sadly there is not...

Last edited:
Maybe if we put them on a milk carton they'll turn up?

Can I just ask, is this 711 female? Very emotional stuff. Heehee.

Sounded very protective there, is this weekend office love...woohoo.

Rick

Yes true, if you want to now something or has a questtion write/submit a support case and wait few months, if you lucky you get a answer. But you can also go ingame and talk to a official MA Player-Admin ingame and ask him something, but don't hope you get your question answerd , he will tell you write / submit a support case. After all, he is not there to answer any questions or to help you. This is exactly what I am experiencing at the moment ingame.

I have never seen a company that is so afraid of its own customers and their questions. I have never seen a company that is so afraid to answer questions. The truth is that we should all shut up here and grind as much as possible. That's the only thing this game has to offer and it's just boring! Objects / Items no longer make sense, loot consists only of shrapnel, craft is practically dead. And every attempt to make the game more interesting or to strengthen the aspects of the community in Entropia is nipped in the bud. I don't watch this for a long time, I think it's time to move on.

Meh... I mean, here is my perspective:
The CMs actually do a pretty good job within the bounds of what they "can" do. If you want an official answer on something you either submit a support case or wait for MA to make an (often weak) statement. I don't think frustrations should be aimed at cms really. Think about what they must deal with... if they aren't given an official word on something, what can they say? So maybe it appears like they are silent.

From personal experience, my support cases have been answered very timely actually, and I've noticed an improvement over the last year or so. Granted, I haven't filed one on recent major events like the Yog thing... but if I've ever needed individual support my ticket is usually resolved within 48 hours, often quicker.

I'm just saying, you know. CMs only have so much rope... but I think most everyone can agree, the way MA in general handles "major" needs by the community leaves a LOT to be desired...

In my opinion the Cms, the admins and the company do nothing. The just try to get more and more money from you if you let them. In this case the the follow the own interests and not the interests of the comunity or the players.

The change Weapons the are expansive after you have buy it the are not that expansive, the change pets after you have buy it. The see that players use exploids and the dont care. The now it long times befor we all that the yog can be used for exploid and the dont care.

The let you invest a lot of money, after that the do nothing, best example was with the statues. The poor people need to wait and ask again and again over 2 years.

The list is that long, crypto bullshit scam, houses that you can not do something with it, broken shops, broken appartments, compet deeds.

Let us talk about moon deeds, everybody now the are worth nothing but MA trys and trys to sell it you, the now it worth nothing but the want that you get it.

Or let us talk about Ancient Greece shares, we now all that not much people go there and play, but MA trys to sell you the deeds.

The list never ends and at the end player lose and MA keep everything and tells you Entropia Universe is a dynamic game. iam that much tyred of this shit and we have not even start to talk about the crafting and the loot :) keep going to lie to yourself that the do a pretty nice job, but i dont believe that we have play the last years the same game.

i say you the truth iam out now, have sell everything i had and cash out, i also come not back. I cannot and will not accept this disrespectful behavior. Sorry

by the way this game is not a sandbox game. You have not the freedom to do anything. you have the freedom to grind and grind. Your goal is you get the skills to grind and grind with more % of loses. thats what you can do in this game.

Last edited:
Back