PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Sean Rocket Connors
    Society
    Apocalyptic

Where did our CMs go?

Why is it that all of our community managers vanished after a really active period once the yog buff made shit hit the fan?

ludvig is gone, devs are gone, 711 is out here locking every thread left and right, Myant is gone from the discord.... I mean what the fuck. You provide community management/relations when there's no issues to manage but not when players need some real assistance?

Stalker
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    New York Rose
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket192 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why is it that all of our community managers vanished after a really active period once the yog buff made shit hit the fan?

Ludvig is gone, devs are gone, 711 is out here locking every thread left and right, Myant is gone from the discord.... I mean what the fuck. You provide community management/relations when there's no issues to manage but not when players need some real assistance?
    Makes you wonder..

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Bendak Starkiller Mandalore
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images

ludvig is gone, devs are gone, 711 is out here locking every thread left and right, Myant is gone from the discord.... I mean what the fuck. You provide community management/relations when there's no issues to manage but not when players need some real assistance?
    Ludvig isn't gone, he is commenting on threads and doing his function as a community manage on this forum.

I think your attention is directled wrongly as they are as you put it community managers, not developers. You and I both know that a community manager can only answer your questions if the teams that are responsible for the areas provide proper responses for them. Same goes for sanctions on players and stuff.

What I mean to say is and I think this is what you are really asking:
    • where are the technicians responsible for making the mechanics work as intended;
    • where are the people responsible for sanctioning players for abuses and other illegal activities.

Why? Because even support tickets that require mild technical answers are not being replied to for months and years in some cases.

Writing on the forums for Ludvig to forward stuff to the fictitious teams seems to be the only way to get any form of feedback from MA at this moment in time so... Sad, but true as evidenced by many previous threads in the forum lately.

Join https://discord.gg/kyFV4dT - Community Area for Songkra Valley, Warp and Beauty Services

https://tinyurl.com/svslgped - Monthly event on Songkra Valley
    Starkiller

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Fanan Head Shot
    It's nice the be a manager when things workout well. Not so fun when you need to solve problems.

One support case about this matter is really serious and could never be closed before the fix! Sometimes I wonder if it's a cheap AI behind the support department.

Some years ago I remember being stuck at Space on a saturday and needed to wait until monday to get my problem fix. A company that invest in so many things out of the game, like castles, digital currency, mobile games, even buy other companies stocks, all to ending up not getting any profit. lol But at same time they can't pay one or two guys to be at the office on the weekends?

My recent support case was closed in a matter of hours but the game continues to stopping to work time to time, they just removed the failed messages.

I start to believe that they don't event have one employee that knows how to program and they outsource it to some cheap Indian programmer to make the work for them.
    Hunting in Calypso since: 03-Jan-2008

Site Admin
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Please stop with the ridiculous exaggeration and hyperbole. Only 3 threads were locked in the past week, and one of those was an intentional duplicate thread of an already existing discussion.

Ludvig is not "gone" by any means, and in fact was working pretty much the entire past weekend dealing with community feedback and moderating the forum. I know, because I was here with him trying to keep the discussions civil and productive.

Stop spreading false information, and tone down the entitlement.

As I have stated many times, PCF IS NOT A SUPPORT FORUM; it is a community discussion forum. MindArk officials have never been obligated to respond to threads, posts, or private messages posted on PCF, and that is still the case.

If you want more direct interaction with MindArk about a particular issue, submit a support case through the approved official channels.

Chaotic Good
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    MegaVolt
    Society
    Kaos
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Starkiller View Post
    Why? Because even support tickets that require mild technical answers are not being replied to for months and years in some cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by 711 View Post
    If you want more direct interaction with MindArk about a particular issue, submit a support case through the approved official channels.
    Unintended humour? It's a good idea though, write a support case about your unanswered support case.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Bendak Starkiller Mandalore
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 711 View Post
    Please stop with the ridiculous exaggeration and hyperbole. Only 3 threads were locked in the past week, and one of those was an intentional duplicate thread of an already existing discussion.

Ludvig is not "gone" by any means, and in fact was working pretty much the entire past weekend dealing with community feedback and moderating the forum. I know, because I was here with him trying to keep the discussions civil and productive.

Stop spreading false information, and tone down the entitlement.

As I have stated many times, PCF IS NOT A SUPPORT FORUM; it is a community discussion forum. MindArk officials have never been obligated to respond to threads, posts, or private messages posted on PCF, and that is still the case.

I think Rocket directed himself wrongly, as I stated on my post... But the support ticket thing is simply no longer true. Proof of that is the anti gravity box thread, that coincidentaly, as soon as ludvig wrote his post there, my support ticket got an answer (minutes difference really)... This is dangerous precedent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega View Post
    Unintended humour? It's a good idea though, write a support case about your unanswered support case.
    Was really unintended, The facts show that support tickets only get "some feedback" when published here for the public to become aware... If I am the only one that sees the danger in this precedent... Then we are in for a rough ride in the future for sure.

Join https://discord.gg/kyFV4dT - Community Area for Songkra Valley, Warp and Beauty Services

https://tinyurl.com/svslgped - Monthly event on Songkra Valley
    Starkiller

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Sub-Zero The Killer
    Society
    Guess Who
    Images
    I get they trying to take their time finding some sort of answer that will seem plausible, or they wanna see if this will die itself out, but sometimes you just gotta own up and face the music.

It's better than all this silence, it makes people really questions things and as evident by amount of times this thing has surfaced recently clearly their silence is doing more harm than good.

At the very least they should let us know that they are aware of that the YOG EXPLOIT is still not completely fixed (can still use with non laser weapons apparently), and that they will take measures to ban (or at the very least disqualify) all those who continue to abuse it.

It made no logical sense for me for them to state that they found 5+7 exploiters already in mayhem but they only reset their scores. The right way would've been to disqualify them, and possibly temporary ban, imo pending investigation if they have abused in past events too they should get perma-banned or reset their combat skills at the least.

In order to restore some trust they should at least tell us why they opted for such a soft 'action' otherwise it makes it seem like they don't care at all about their remaining honest players and that exploiting is basically legal as long as it doesn't affect them.

One thing MA should do, is what should've been done 'yesterday', the right thing to restore community faith is to comment on this thread. Explain why they haven't answered so far, and what steps are being taken/considered at this time.

Some questions that would be nice to get answered.
    1. Why did you guys not disqualify the exploiters in this years mayhem?

2. Why is the yog horror buff still working for non laser weapons?

3. Why all the fiasco of the ban of DannyO but no proper action taken to actual exploiters in an event that can make them win real prizes?

4. Is botting actually allowed? Follow up question if yes, do you plan to develop a botting pill or similar? If no, then why hasn't any punitive actions been taken for certain botters who been caught in the act in the past? It sends mixed messages.

5. What steps are being taken to insure that botters can't get such a big advantage from human players?
    For example in another game they have a "Stamina timer" (like 36 hours) after certain amount of hours (lets say 16 hours) you will get less skill points. If your stamina hours goes down to 0 you will get 0 skill points.
    When you logout the stamina timer goes up based on the amount of hours you were logged out. So for example if you sleep for 8 hours logged out, you could get 16h stamina. This should help prevent 24/7 skilling. Maybe even give the player a X% debuff on loot return after 20 hours of continuous active gameplay.
    Last edited by Sub-Zero; 06-16-2020 at 21:36.

Last edited by ImUp2Mischief; 06-30-2020 at 16:58.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Sean Rocket Connors
    Society
    Apocalyptic
    Quote Originally Posted by Starkiller View Post

Writing on the forums for Ludvig to forward stuff to the fictitious teams seems to be the only way to get any form of feedback from MA at this moment in time so... Sad, but true as evidenced by many previous threads in the forum lately.
    yeah basically this. Mindark basically annexes itself from all meaningful two-way communication unless you fille a lawsuit and send them a fucking subpoena.

terrible business model and in my experience in working with swedish companies it seems to be the norm. very relaxed mentality that problems will disappear over time... to some degree they're correct, but it's our job to put on the broken record and continue reminding them that we're tired of the bots and we're tired of the exploits/bugs that cost us thousands of dollars going unpunished.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast