Bring back our stars

Status

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
Once upon a time, veteran players who had contributed to the forum collected stars.
Then 'star gate' happened and they were removed due to some infighting.

My suggestion would be that if you collect enough rep to gain a star, it becomes a permanent mark on your profile, unless removed by a moderator.

Thoughts?

Cheers
Bjorn

Just my 2 pecs but there seems to be enough ePeen measuring going on around here as it is without adding more.

Sounds cool. Why not.
Might even be worthwhile to have an in game reputation system.

Sounds cool. Why not.
Might even be worthwhile to have an in game reputation system.

this is something that might be usefull.. not just for events but in general.. ma seems to value reputation etc so high they wont offer renaming.. why not make reputation more visible then? Like an overhead title all the time.. The NOBLE Sinner.. or The Villainous Sinner depending on rep etc..

*edit* infact.. why not scrap the space pvp reputation system and go with an entire ingame reputation system where players can rate you anytime.. this would still be highly visible on pirates whod obviously get bad reps quick and those scamming people etc.

this is something that might be usefull.. not just for events but in general.. ma seems to value reputation etc so high they wont offer renaming.. why not make reputation more visible then? Like an overhead title all the time.. The NOBLE Sinner.. or The Villainous Sinner depending on rep etc..

*edit* infact.. why not scrap the space pvp reputation system and go with an entire ingame reputation system where players can rate you anytime.. this would still be highly visible on pirates whod obviously get bad reps quick and those scamming people etc.

It would end up like maplestory where people just sell their rep giveaways, defeats the whole point of the system

It would end up like maplestory where people just sell their rep giveaways, defeats the whole point of the system

This together with player ingenuity, we would be seeing a major influx of "new players" just to hand out rep.

Also, there already is a reputation system in place ingame as is through the use of the ingame events system, where you can upvote and downvote both event organizers and players alike.:wise:

While I think the idea is theoretically sound and good... It was taken out for a reason as I seem to conclude and thus might be best if it's off for good... Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it, and this game seems to be full of people with Alzheimer's because they just keep going back and forth with new / old suggestions.

Not saying this is the case, was just venting out.

HAHA ya but what if some SJW get outed as the asshole that used to be a pirate and now mobtrains people. Is that why theres no rep system. Everyone but normies!! FU satan

This request is no longer applicable, due to the recent forum migration and removal of the reputation system.

:locked:

Status
Back