Suggestion: Container category selection

jak

Elite
Society
Crimson Devils
je jak bam
Hi,

Since I love organizing, and this would help everyone with organizing inventory and storage:

Please add the function to right click a container/box/etc. and get a drop-down menu allowing one to move or re-categorize the container to any category tab one wants.

Example, I have a container I like to keep my BP books and BPs in. But the box is always in the Miscellaneous Tab. I would like to be able to change the container's position to be in my BluePrints tab.

Right now my Miscellaneous Tab is full of containers and I'd like to be able to move said containers to their perspective tabs! I think others would like this function as well? :)

I have to agree, this is a good idea that would really help to organize my mess of a storage.

Useful idea

Reactions: jak
I have forwarded this suggestion to the dev team as feedback.

Excellent suggestion.
If that proves technically challenging, and boxes must stay to their original Miscellaneous tab, could you ask the dev team to implement a user editable tag for the box? That way, even if they are all in the same tab, we could hover and identify the content without having to open them, e.g. Oils, Weapons, Chips, Pets, etc..

Excellent suggestion.
If that proves technically challenging, and boxes must stay to their original Miscellaneous tab, could you ask the dev team to implement a user editable tag for the box? That way, even if they are all in the same tab, we could hover and identify the content without having to open them, e.g. Oils, Weapons, Chips, Pets, etc..

Nice idea!

Most containers already have names and most all can be color coded and textured to make them look different, so even if they don’t do this you still can make them different enough. :cool:

Back