Yog Pet Buff Issue

The bugged buff was invisible and did not show on the active buffs. The only way to test it would have been to perform test-firing of a weapon and clock the shots before and after having the pet out with buff active.

This is why the buff went undetected by so many people for so long.

I figured it wouldn't show up as reload speed on the same square with the Ares buff, but would have expected it to show its own if working. Of course there is only one way to know for sure, might still try it if enough loot auctions get sold before Mayhem ends but as said, if there is any sense of urgency to still verify this please someone go ahead. I reckon the post was a bit pointless since anyone could have easily done it already, but since I said a couple days ago I would I just had to follow up.

Will these tokens come with summer mayhem rewards?

We will be conducting this investigation over the next few weeks, with the intention of increasing the prize rewards for any participants who were pushed down in the final standings due to another higher-placing participant benefitting from the unintended pet buff.

Also, this question is still valid:

Imagine player X exploited on summer 2019, in the same category as player Y scored lower.
Imagine player Y exploited in halloween 2019 with borrowed Yog from player X, that also exploited and again ranked higher than Y.
Will player Y be compensated for both summer and halloween mayhems? :laugh:

When we receive the compensation from being stolen will we get the tokens for each event for we receive them bulk as a whole.
Id like to know in advance when that will take place and if possible to know exactly if i receive a certain amount of tokens Id like to know for what event I got it from for example (Halloween 2019 annihilation - you received xxxx tokens).
Thanks

Additionally, some participants have demanded a review of the results from previous Mayhem events where the unintended Yog pet buff may have provided an advantage, inadvertently or intentionally. We will be conducting this investigation over the next few weeks, with the intention of increasing the prize rewards for any participants who were pushed down in the final standings due to another higher-placing participant benefitting from the unintended pet buff.

Just a note here that a "few weeks" is 2 days away.

Seams to me the only way MA will punish cheaters is when MA looses Money the way they handel the chaeter cases today.
At the moment I think the story goes like this:
The cheater says:
  • Hey MA with 25% more usage we produce 25% more decay than without the Yog buffer abuse - so more Profit for MA.
  • We deposit 10k US$ for the Event for Ammo, Enhancer etc -. so you get your cut from the Deposit we make which is Profit to MA
  • With the tokens we win we sell a item to another person who may has to deposit to buy this item - again Money for MA
  • When we sell the item and withdraw 15k US$ - you get again your fees on the withdrawn money so again Profit for MA
For us, the not cheating players there is one place to cut into this: If no one pays them for their Item, all items gained my cheaters go in a "No one buys that Stuff list" they can't sell their Item anymore and cant withdraw Money and MA does not anymore make their Cut from the Money someone has to deposit to buy that item. So MA would loose a lot of fees and the cheaters have powerfull weapons but deposited 10K US$ and did not withdraw a dime. So incentive for MA to do something against the cheaters is increased and the Cheaters have a powerfull weapon but not withdrawn any money to compensate for their invstment.

Surely can be inproved, f.x. that MA does something against cheater without the community to act but it seams we have to give MA a incentive to act in our best interest and not in the interest of the cheaters.

[h=3]Yog Pet Buff Issue[/h]In this announcement we’d like to provide a further update on the pet buff issue that was addressed last week....

Additionally, some participants have demanded a review of the results from previous Mayhem events where the unintended Yog pet buff may have provided an advantage, inadvertently or intentionally. We will be conducting this investigation over the next few weeks, with the intention of increasing the prize rewards for any participants who were pushed down in the final standings due to another higher-placing participant benefitting from the unintended pet buff.

Originally Posted Here

Should we start taking bets on how long a "few" weeks turns out to be for MA? I guess a month later is still not a "few"....

Also something that I found interesting that I did not catch the first time around reading this.... I like how MA is only conducting a review of the results from the previous mayhem events because participants have "demanded" it.

So let me make sure I'm understanding this correctly. Had the community not come together to insist that MA does the right thing and comp players who were cheated out of their winnings, MA would have simply done nothing? So not only does MA not care about punishing those who exploited the bug they really don't care about fixing their wrongs?

?Congratulations! This few weeks promise just turned one month old! :)

Should we start taking bets on how long a "few" weeks turns out to be for MA? I guess a month later is still not a "few"....

Are you guys really surprised ?
Don't you know yet that MA lives in a parallel universe where time run at a different speed ?

A few weeks means "less than a year".

Thank you for your patience. ;)

They're all on vacation - custom for swedes to vanish for 3 months out the year.

It's August already. What happened with the "few weeks"? It's more like a few months already... @Ludvig|MindArk ?

Let me translate you from Mindark's language to our language : Few weeks after our vacation is over that means anytime between October- December 2020 if we are lucky and no other priorities in the company.

Yog Pet Buff Issue

In this announcement we’d like to provide a further update on the pet buff issue that was addressed last week.

Originally Posted Here

2+ months later... any news? or is this gonna be another sweep under the rug after so much time idle.....

2+ months later... any news? or is this gonna be another sweep under the rug after so much time idle.....
Whole staff should be back from vacation now, so I guess you have to wait some more time, it will come "soon". :p

Typical MA fashion, ignore it long enough and hope it goes away on it's own.

Lets have some info about this soon MA!

Bump bump...

Really hope MA didn't 'forget' about this.

and we are still waiting.......

Time is ticking...

I feel your payn but they said cleerly what is outcum you will get tokens soon no point chatting more about it that is end thing you will get token soon ok

Has a pedegree? Is it one of the famous ones? Fought many LGs? :D
Nope, tamed long ago but not hatched, lvl 1 and unfed :)

Never thought a extracting bonus was any good. Shame on me !

We will be conducting this investigation over the next few weeks, with the intention of increasing the prize rewards for any participants who were pushed down in the final standings due to another higher-placing participant benefitting from the unintended pet buff.

Not 1 word from any1 or the 2 ''community managers''.

Nearly 3 months now.

Ask about this and other unsanswered questions at next AMA because i doubt MA will reply to this or take any further action will just be yet another pointless thread bumpeng

Not 1 word from any1 or the 2 ''community managers''.

Nearly 3 months now.

Ask about this and other unsanswered questions at next AMA because i doubt MA will reply to this or take any further action will just be yet another pointless thread bumpeng

I guess the whole silence is also an answer to some extent.

Players do spawn pets with the highest buff to gain passive xp, regardless if the buff benefits the activity or not. So it would be very hard to prove deliberate cheating. Even if some knew what they were doing.

I'm more inclined to think the original horror was given extra powers temporarily (then forgotten about) when it sold for 12k as a PR stunt, to earn back its cost. I do like my tin foil hat theories though. Haha

As usual with MA you've got a best fit situation, that minimises impact to revenue stream, and any players that might have lost out will be rewarded.

No one will be hung from the nearest tree. There will be another scandal soon, to chew over I guess, so carry on.

Rick

Back