To punish or not to punish exploiters

Should MA punish these yog horror exploiters? (That was exploitable for 2 years).

• Total voters

Sub-Zero

Elite
Society
Classified
Sub-Zero The Killer
This thread's purpose is mainly for people to vote in the POLL so MA can get community feedback, since not all like to take the time to make a post.

This poll is for the recent thread that MA did:
Yog Pet Buff Issue

Note that the poll is public, you can pick multiple choices.
Yes I couldn't make infinite amount of choices. And I forgot to add a choice (insert own banhammer suggestion). So feel free to post in this thread here if you got a better idea of a proper punishment.

What kind of message do you want to give MA when you are not following your own EULA?
You gotta be hard and strict so people will think twice before they think they will get away in the future with exploiting.

As quoted by Fivedolla:
Mindark,

Maybe you need a refresher.

EULA rule #10 states: You must immediately report errors and bugs in the Entropia Universe to MindArk whenever You discover them. You may not “cheat” or otherwise neglect to report errors or bugs, use bugs, slow connection, Internet latency, or other 'exploits' for own benefits or for the benefit of others.

AND

Banned Account/Account Banning means that the Account is under investigation due to a suspected violation of these Terms, or that the Account user was deemed to have violated one of the Terms. This may be definitive or temporary for short or long periods, on MindArk's and/or MindArk's Partner sole and absolute discretion.

Enforce the EULA or it is void because then it all is subjective.

@ 711/Ludvig, I hope you don't lock this thread. This thread is meant mainly to be served for voting in poll and serves a function for that.

Last edited:
This poll lacks an option in the line of:
-Exploting vs features can sometimes be unclear and overlapping. MA should do their job and analyze the fastest progress players to quickly balance out foggy exploits, and slam the hammer on the no doubt ones.

Why did you decide to make this a public poll? Those who end up saying that they should not be banned can easily be witch hunted by the angry mob that has taken over PCF. If you want an actual proper poll, then make it so that those who have no issue with MA's response are not all of a sudden guilty by voting how they feel.

If they have guilt personaly dont even need to know their names: perma ban and impound assets.

If they don't have guilt and used it somehow by lapse of acknowledgement: Do nothing

I voted on the third because it's the most severe punishment in the poll, and honestly? People have been perma banned years ago for less... So I don't even see the issue.

Integrity is important.
71200fe642afb5496e28353eb04740af.jpg

- remove tokens & ban from Mayhem events for 1 year.
- if tokens are spent, ban from Mayhem for 3 years.

In before the thread is closed ;)

Why did you decide to make this a public poll? Those who end up saying that they should not be banned can easily be witch hunted by the angry mob that has taken over PCF. If you want an actual proper poll, then make it so that those who have no issue with MA's response are not all of a sudden guilty by voting how they feel.
Transparency, something we seriously lacking both from MA and a certain part of this community. Remember that you don't have to vote if you don't want to.

I wish for just all out ban from game for this but I would take harshest punishment and what MA is doing now is garbage for a response.. i do get that it is hard to tell the level to which some of these people were cheating. I am just very irritated that this was reported. That players continued to use it. And made some serious profits no doubt. Makes me not want to ever participate in competitions in-game. I already sort of felt that way because of pill stacking that was abused heavily before but this is a new level

I won't vote because they need to be punished harder then the choices we have.

some of the exploiters may not have even known they were exploiting. Why punish them for Mindark's bad coding?

How about we start a new thread about how to punish Mindark coders that were specifically in charge of creating the pet in question?

some of the exploiters may not have even known they were exploiting. Why punish them for Mindark's bad coding?

Indeed they may need the buff in case they hit a big hof on mayhem lets say lysterium or oil? That's the reason they have pet spawned and buff active correct?

Idiot questions need idiot answers...

To be honest, I don't think the Mindark's data base stores records when a player takes their pet (in and out) from their personal storage, nor the hunting downtime from each player. So if MA cannot know what really happened then it cannot determine the guilty ones either.
Maybe it would needed new rules and database registers IN Mayhems competences... :(

Last edited:
Indeed they may need the buff in case they hit a big hof on mayhem lets say lysterium or oil? That's the reason they have pet spawned and buff active correct?

Idiot questions need idiot answers...

or perhaps they simply have a shit ton of pets and spawned each between mobs or while tanking mobs due to utter boredom in the actual hunting mechanisms in this game. not likely, nor plausible, but not beyond a shadow of questioning.

All buffs in this game are quirky and visually what you see on screen in the icon that pops up may not match actual buffs in play or not in play... been like this a long while. Lag only makes it worse.

Last edited:
All buffs in this game are quirky and visually what you see on screen in the icon that pops up may not match actual buffs in play or not in play... been like this a long while. Lag only makes it worse.

True, but it has also been mentioned that you really need to pay attention to different aspects if you are competing to win. Those people will have known for sure that that particular pet was doing a 'better job' than other pets they could have had spawned.

There have been some pretty crazy issues with virtual races too, recently: anything from discovering that your autopilot taking over because you have lag has actually driven the race better than most other drivers (and maybe even better than you would have) - all the way to a real professional racing driver getting someone else to drive for him in a virtual race (as a joke...).

Oh, the virtual worlds we are entering are hard enough to keep clean and honest as it is. Add in support 'problems' - and other 'human issues' - and it's even harder. Still, I hope MA takes further action on this, yes, but I haven't voted above...

How about we start a new thread about how to punish Mindark coders that were specifically in charge of creating the pet in question?

Can we get off the "they didn't know what they were doing" bullshit already. You're using a mining buff in an instance that has no mining. The pet is despawned when you enter the instance. The chain of events for that pet to be spawned and the mining buff to be active are all very deliberate. There was no "accidents" so lets just stop with the crap and call it what it is.

Can we get off the "they didn't know what they were doing" bullshit already. You're using a mining buff in an instance that has no mining.

Does the system allow you to drop a bomb in the instance? If it does, why the hell doesn't Mindark focus on that too... A newer person that is just entering the instance may not 'know' that it's not a mining instance as the system that exists allows you to waste ped there anyways. There's so many nrf elsewhere it'd just look like another of those...

Voting a Perma-ban from Entropia Universe , you don't need that toxic gameplay in an RCE

Does the system allow you to drop a bomb in the instance? If it does, why the hell doesn't Mindark focus on that too... A newer person that is just entering the instance may not 'know' that it's not a mining instance as the system that exists allows you to waste ped there anyways. There's so many nrf elsewhere it'd just look like another of those...

Admittedly this is just a guess but I reckon that not a single one of them dropped a mining probe the whole time they were in there. MA would have the data on this. I see that you're really clutching at straws trying to defend what happened. Were you one of them? Friend of yours perhaps? No accusations, just curious.

People who used it out in the world i can understand some leniency towards, but people using it during competitive hunting/PvP events... who are you kidding.

Ban from participating in Mayhem for 2 years and prohibit from buying mayhem items from vendor for 2 years.

With the potential influx of tokens, MA needs to restock new item. But the exploiters should not have the option to buy any new item with their stock pile of cheated tokens.

Admittedly this is just a guess but I reckon that not a single one of them dropped a mining probe the whole time they were in there. MA would have the data on this. I see that you're really clutching at straws trying to defend what happened. Were you one of them? Friend of yours perhaps? No accusations, just curious.

People who used it out in the world i can understand some leniency towards, but people using it during competitive hunting/PvP events... who are you kidding.

Exactly!
:mad:
Sick and tired of the cheaters, botters and what not...

And the response from MA for not going to punish them is sickening also.

Im thinking to slowly extract myself from this universe. Its beyond repair Im affraid. I dont play It much anyways.

Cheers!
Robo

Lets move on

We could argue and debate this forever, i voted 6 month ban, longer depending on the severity. Maybe we should just draw a line under this, make an example of the hateful 12 with 6 month ban and get on with playing the game.

I play for fun, when the politics start being more important than having fun then it's time to leave. As I only do Mayhem for a few boxes and don't have the bank roll or items to participate at a competitive level I am ambivalent to the whole thing.

I can see how serious players who commit time and money into it would be annoyed and would desire greater penalties on cheaters, it appears from MA's response that this won't happen. Your options are not to play in Mayhem or accept MA's decision. You can always not take part, which at the end of the day will affect MA's bottom line, so it is in their own interest to make these events fair for everyone.

doesn't really matter to me, because I don't see the point of someone like me competing in mayhem as its something I can't compete in anyway due to lack of gear compared to others and lack of funds to make multiple attempts at a score, especially with more experienced players chipping out to compete in lower levels. I almost considered actually making one attempt at getting a score, but thanks to this yog thing, I have been convinced that not bothering is the best course of action....

No it doesn't allow mining.

A newer player isn't going to spend $1200 to buy an obscure, difficult to find pet, and then bring it into a hunting instance, try and fail to drop a mining probe, and then decide to stay and shoot mobs for 10 hours and accidentally get a top 10 score.

Ban them from the game entirely. Where is my option?

I have posted in some other thead MA should ban them from future events and take back the previously won prizes .
But after thinking long one thing came in my mind MA gonna punish players for spawning pet even if the (ab)user knew about the exploit?

No its illogical MA punishibg players for spawning pet reason is the buff diddnt have any extra icon or message that indicates you have got faster reload buff (i know we can just feel 10% faster reload and 25% reload you cant ignore without noticing).

Its a grey area where (ab)user will get benefit of doubt.

--------------------------
People here can come up why they will spawn pet in mayhem , even if they spawn pet why they have buff active?
If event allows them to spawn pet its their choice what they want to do with their pet.

I said elsewhere that evidence in this case is rather overwhelming and leaves very little wiggle room for the assumption of innocence.

However, if we let the mob decide about punishments by popular vote, we're going down a road which is worse than the evil we pretend to battle.

Please remove this thread.

evidence in this case is rather overwhelming and leaves very little wiggle room for the assumption of innocence.

However, if we let the mob decide about punishments by popular vote, we're going down a road which is worse than the evil we pretend to battle.

Please remove this thread.

I think there is a very effective way to counteract both exploiters and excessive inaction against these frauds :
organize a big in-game party, like those popular in "old times".

Those in-game parties where dozens, hundreds of players met in a certain location.
Often a streaming radio was also chosen as soundtrack for the party.

The theme of the party will be a celebration and huge tribute to the intelligence of those players who manage to beat the game in "smart", "unconventional" ways (Yog bug, Official chips, botting, etc).

I bet that this kind of civil protest is much more effective than rage, insults, and similar (anyway all understandable, just not very effective, it seems) :
because in this way all wrong behaviors will just be buried under a waterfall of absurd and ridiculousness...

Paul

Reactions: San
Who will kill goose which lay golden eggs ? not many can pay 10k+ ped for pet. I think MA have better way to punish exploiters than ban. How about 75% tt return no matter what gear or how many peds u cycle, u just pay for what u did in a past with every day 75% tt returns ;)

Who will kill goose which lay golden eggs ? not many can pay 10k+ ped for pet. I think MA have better way to punish exploiters than ban. How about 75% tt return no matter what gear or how many peds u cycle, u just pay for what u did in a past with every day 75% tt returns ;)

Everywhere i see people say the pet sell for 11k for the exploit which is seems correct but as far as i know 1st Yog Horror (took juicy 44 hrs to tame) was sold for 11k and there was no way people knew about the exploit back then as it was first pet and buff was also not unlocked.

Back